Firefall officially shutting down on 07/07/2017

Genobee

Commander
Jan 26, 2017

I knew it was coming and yet I'm still sad to see it go. Had a lot of fun times on this game a few years back. So despite the state it was left to rot away in, I wanted something more to come of it. Weird to say that about a game. It was downright depressing to watch it be left to collapse in on itself over time. Ah well. Glad I had fun in it when I could. Got to experience something unique and shockingly enjoyable.

At least we'll have Em-8er at some point. Which I have rather high hopes will be a worthy successor to what Firefall once was.

BunnyHunny

Deepscanner
Aug 20, 2016
"Your efforts and loyalty will not go without recognition, however. Firefall is currently developing a mobile version of the game and all of Firefall’s founders and players will be rewarded greatly in the new game. We will be sure to provide everyone with more updates as we have them."

AAAAAAAALRIGHT THEN.

Also, not that it would be true, but how is Firefall itself supposed to develop something?

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
Still sad to see it close down.

Been through many of the changes for that game, everytime some of them I really liked, others not, but I still really enjoyed my time playing the game overall, lots of fun moments aswell with others and the events where the devs showed up as chosen and we all swarmed them to try and take them down ... good times.

Wish it would have been succesfull, never even got to see the third race, learn some more about Aero's past, what was going to happen with graves eventually, etc etc ...

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
No matter what, this is always a sad thing. It is simply a reminder as to what could have been - and although Em-8ER I'm sure will easily meet this need I feel, it is still sad to see something that had so much promise turn to dust.

RIP my favourite game ever, but I'm sure Em-8ER will take its place, if it hasn't already.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Though I believe the mobile talk is still their way of keeping firefall out of Grummz's hands, we all knew this was coming.

Firefall is the reason why we are getting Em-8ER. I carry on four gaming friends, two who are close personal friends, and hundreds of hours of amazing experiences because of firefall. I'm content with how things have played out since Grummz's departure.