Expedite game production pls

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I'd like to see the Em8er Medium site get integrated just like the Em8er website for easier location.
With a drop down option on the website to give the option of Em8er Website and Em8er Blog.

Is the Em8er news and Em8er blog one of the same or does the Em8er news have more Details and the blog focuses on specific topic highlights?

Em8er medium is a good idea to bring Em8er to the Medium community which could help add more interest to the Em8er discussion and even our community.
Firefall did it well. I remember they had every news down the right side of the screen on the main Firefall page

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Firefall's website was good. Looking at it now, it's too in-depth for where EM-8ER is at but maybe in the future.
Having posts from Em-8ER News appear on the sidebar would be good, maybe have it displayed on https://www.em8er.com/ too. If not now, at least have it ready prior to the Kickstarter.

Medium seems like a good replacement for now though. The layout is good, but the images are very low-res which sucks for me because I like downloading everything so we can do a big ol' history section on the wiki.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Just to help with some perspective on each side. How amazing this looks, amateur aspects still present and the credits for people involved.

*edit*
I wish I could find out the hours it took and expenses.
I'd like to know too also, imagine when Em8er has their own with great sound and music to go along with it. As much as i like the visual side, the sound effects & music bring the whole package together.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Had a watch of the latest Chief Chat. Made some notes but skipped a bit of it because nothing was really happening.

@Skube asking the hard questions in the CC.

- Roadmap next week eta 06/06-12/06
- Dev update: https://em-8er.medium.com/personal-t-h-m-p-r-s-progression-b5994a042424
- Next dev update: 06/06-12/06 (possibly the above, but there will be another one soon)
- Harry has part of the gameplay loop done, resource mining, crafting?
- Playable mock-up to be the first hour of gameplay.
- Skin for June will be by CuteSexyRobutts.
- New packs require art, possible release in 4-6 weeks.
- Newcomer packs to remain upgradable.
- Monthly Patrons at 1375. 1500 needed for Heavy Frame.
- Interior of the Rover Truck, Kickstarter stretch goal

- They might look into allowing players to set their Forum Tags.
- Art for the Version 3 GeeSuit, see spoiler.

- Some white-box concept stuff done for the new THMPR ideas mentioned on Medium. I haven't pulled the videos yet so you'll just have to look on Medium for it.

Talked about the new packs, brainstormed ideas about possible rewards.
Tier 1
*Exterior skin, Rover Truck.
Forum Tag
Founder Wall (but not really)
PDF Design Book version 2
Test build, playable mockup
Final copy of the game.
Tier 2
*V3 Geesuit M/F
Forum Tag
Final copy of the game.
Tier 3
*Razer CHROMA V3 Geesuit M/F
*Custom shader, or light frame founder skin only
*Possibly something else?
Forum Tag
Final copy of the game.
Tier 4
*Razer CHROMA V3 Geesuit M/F
*Emberdon mount, small size
*Exterior skin, Rover Truck (possibly chroma)
Reserve Character Name
Forum Tag
Forum Ribbon
Final copy of the game.
Tier 5
*MAX Variant Rover Truck (might be tracked)
*Razer CHROMA V3 Geesuit M/F -- Peerless
*Emberdon mount, small size
Reserve Character Name
Forum Tag
Forum Ribbon
Final copy of the game.
Tier 6
*CHROMA Rover Truck
*MAX light THMPR skin
*Emberdon mount, large size
Reserve Character Name
Forum Tag
Forum Ribbon
Final copy of the game.
Tier 7
*Razer CHROMA V3 Geesuit M/F -- Peerless (custom variation)

See "Other Ideas" for other items mentioned.

---------------------------
*CHROMA Rover Truck
*MAX light THMPR skin
*Emberdon mount, large size
Reserve Character Name
Reserve Guild Name
Forum Tag
Forum Ribbon
Final copy of the game.
Mech hoverboards.
Store discount/Currency discount
Bonus resources when beginning the game
Another OP-AI
Pick skins from the shop x ?
Kaiju eye helmet
Transmat stuff
Emote packs
Captain's Hat
Sound packs
Fai's thanks
*Raiseable Kaiju (Ark Liege level)
*Unique Glider Trail (Ark Liege level)
*Private area (Ark Liege level)
*Special THMPR encounter access (Ark Liege level)
*Away mode/park, avatar stays in world on logout (Ark Liege level)
*Hologram generator that displays ?something? (Ark Liege level)
*Mini me pet (Ark Liege level)
* Ark Liege OP-AI, not sure on specifics, custom voice actor lines (Ark Liege level)
* THMPR that spits resources everywhere (Ark Liege level)
* Some lame vape related thing, please no though (Ark Liege level)
* Food? (Ark Liege level)
* Custom emote (Ark Liege level)

<Grummz also going through chat later>

--------------------------------------------

The new THMPR idea is interesting, and probably won't touch the playable mockup. I'm down for a "Defence of Dredge"-style base defence where you can go to bases around the world and defend the bases from Kaiju.

I hope there's a way to cover the skin on the Version 3 Geesuit. And that we see the male skin again soon!

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Quick update from Chief Chat,

Road Map next week
All last!

Damn it, Grummz…

https://em-8er.medium.com/personal-t-h-m-p-r-s-progression-b5994a042424

……even I see this as feature creep. I know the kickstarter will be successful, but the time to make it this robust is dangerous to the project.
I agree it's feature creep, though I wish this was looked at quite a while ago, since mining is an important system in the game, hopefully this last feature gets wrapped ready 2 go with Kickstarter.

Additionally in regards to the update, I'll be looking forward to seeing the roadmap (as we all are). The future looks more promising with the increase of updates and frequency of Dev interaction + employment.

Overall some good stuff 'in progress', but ultimately waiting for the roadmap to see the development, not just to give us insite to know what to expect, but also it sets developmental targets.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Most definately. And more Dev interactions which gives us the warm and fuzzies, I just wish @Grummz would utilise the forum's. :(
They are putting good work into it:

Em8er Medium
https://em-8er.medium.com

I like this a lot as the information is simple with the images/videos to help understand, even for those who are new.

The last twitch video was certainly one of my favorites, i liked how everyone got involved and it was upbeat.

Discord and twitch seems to be working well for brain storming and feedback so that's a good thing.
Although i am not personally into it because get too distracted by animated emoji's and even the poop emoji :D

For the forums it certainly needs more attention because this is a superb platform for up to date information. Compared to other communication it tends to drag a little behind and i am hopeful things will pick up.

Jan 26, 2017
I appreciate you guys creating this thread and talking about this. Most of the thoughts you have posted I've had rolling around in my head for a bit now. I'm still hoping production picks up. They have been working with a small team and small budget, but it has also been a long stinking time since this ball was announced and got rolling. This is a game I want to play.

I was present during the last chef chat. Most of it anyway. The back and forth was great. A lot of good Ideas flowed, it was fun to watch and be part of. I didn't hear anything that alluded to a time table, but that could have happened before I jumped on. That's what I was hoping the hear.

So the thing is I have given them some money, that I feel comfortable with in doing, because without support nothing gets done. And you have to support what you find to be of value. But as time goes on, people sit back in their chairs and start to wonder... Then the support starts to slow down. Slowing down means less production, less progress means less support.. This becomes a cycle they need to manage.

I realize they are pushing for a kick starter. If that is the short term goal here (short is relative as development has been going on for a while now) and they need the money to jump in to full production, lets do this! Polish up the latest demo, grab up all you art work (and they seem to have a lot), all your plans, all your ideas, all the rest of your stuff, post it in the Kickstarter and lets go! It seems to me they have a pretty good portfolio by now. Just make your pitch!

Its just.. if there is something holding them back, I'd like to see them move past it. Get the Kickstart done, build the game. Because in the mean time people are sitting back in the chairs, one hand on their chin, wondering what is going on. And that is NOT good for the game.

And I want to see this game made.

My thoughts.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Opened the mail and saw this, doesn't seem like a typical chief chat hmm

Major Chief Chat, Thursday, June 23rd at 11am PDT!

Our next Chief Chat will be at 11am PDT, Thursday, June 23rd! We are unveiling something really big! You really DO NOT want to miss this!