Aliens Revealed - The Tsihu

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. RaZoR

RaZoR Deepscanner

Nice artwork and concept.
    Chainlink? I guess it's universal.
    Looks to be armored, not an organic morph.
    I'm taking that EM-8ER is a frozen planet.
    Seems to be a take on the Arana. "We’ve seen some in chains and some kind of holographic tagging or restraints". This could be interesting.
    And the Enshigi* seem to be some sort of Galactic Enforcer. How dare they hold us hostage and tell us how or where we can go. Kill'em all I say.

2. Bl4ckhunter

Bl4ckhunter Active Member

the description was an intresting reading, imb4 sealed evil in a can

3. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Its pronounced sort of like She-Who...but its more complex than that. I'll see if I can get a recording made. Its not an easy to pronounce language.

Faeryl, Wyntyr, Ronyn and 2 others like this.
  4. Grummz

The Enshigi are cold hearted bastards.

5. EvilKitten

EvilKitten Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

I like them already.

OziriusSVK, Mahdi and engjang like this.
  6. ChinoGreen

ChinoGreen Firstclaimer

We have 2 enemies so far....you can add more...We are ready!!

engjang likes this.
  7. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Deepscanner

Oh, how did I guess that :D

8. Alfonso

Alfonso Emberite

Is the big thing a ride for the little guy or are those two the same guy in a different shape?

Cool artwork btw. YAY to this one!

9. Grummz

Those are the two forms they shapeshift between.

engjang and NanoTechnician like this.
  10. DARKB1KE

DARKB1KE Well-Known Member

Smoke-effect cloaks? saweeeet

11. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

I'm still on the fence about the M.E.K. itself, but you damn nailed that alien.

12. 0V3RKILL

0V3RKILL Terraformer

omfg that thing looks sexy evil! I cant wait to see it in action.

13. MattHunX

MattHunX Deepscanner

Maaaybe there could be even more? I already made a thread throwing that idea out there. Making them be able to morph into different form would make them versatile and would allow them to adept to different omni-frames, even more so if they'd travel in groups where every individual member could essentially alternate between forms to fulfill different roles, depending on the situation.

14. EvilKitten

I like the concept, though I feel like it might be a bit too OP if the AI can simply switch to whatever form best defeats its target. Perhaps all of the Tsihu could have the same humanoid shape, but could transform into a single alternate type, scatter different types into every group. Then if they call for reinforcements that is when they would focus on specific alternate types that combat the players optimally. It would be a bit more organic perhaps?

MattHunX likes this.
  15. MattHunX

MattHunX Deepscanner

Or that. :)

I really just want more enemies that could essentially function more like the players and their frames and adept to them to make us work for that victory. There wasn't much of that in FF, really. And all enemies, even flying ones, were pretty much grounded, that made their wings useless. easy to deal with, when they couldn't fly up to our face.

EvilKitten likes this.
  16. ObsoleteVodka

ObsoleteVodka Active Member

Looks utterly awesome! I just hope they will be as badass as Closed Beta Chosen. Both in lore and gameplay. ;)

17. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

Is it a male or female i cant quite tell hmmm
    oh wait shape shift uh its all genders i approve this equal opportunity evil alien

18. EvilKitten

Simply because they are humanoid does not mean they are mammalian, they could reproduce via budding...

EDIT: Though in my own personal opinion a sort of hive state with a king queen and a ton of genderless drones would make the most sense in order to have the never ending horde numbers required to make an MMO enemy realistic...

Faeryl and Pandagnome like this.
  19. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

I was referring to their genitals but this is good to know :cool:

20. EvilKitten

Um...if you are referring to the actual picture I am 99.999% certain that Mark did not just post a rated R artwork of our new enemies, I think that is a buckle or other ornamentation.

NanoTechnician and Mahdi like this.