Acids and Explosions - New Elemental Combo?

I love elemental damages and other damage types, especially like warframe.
If you haven't played warframe it let's you mix the 'status effect' with others.
If you mix Heat and Toxin it creates Explosive status effect and also doubles the status damage (thus adding stats together).
Firefall had element damages but they never had enemy's that were weak to certain damage types like warframe.
welp, in 1.6 it had, robotic very almost one hit by toxic/acid, bugs were grilled by fire etc.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
welp, in 1.6 it had, robotic very almost one hit by toxic/acid, bugs were grilled by fire etc.
there is no 1.6.

I love elemental damages and other damage types, especially like warframe.
If you haven't played warframe it let's you mix the 'status effect' with others.
If you mix Heat and Toxin it creates Explosive status effect and also doubles the status damage (thus adding stats together).
Firefall had element damages but they never had enemy's that were weak to certain damage types like warframe.
a lobby based space moba fighter I bought once had overlapping status ailments, but it went belly up since the devs didn't manage to make the overall gameplay fun and critical mass was quickly missed.

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
Just so you know, you have to be specific on what acid you're using. Fluorine based ones tend to react violently with water so it's more of fluorine acid+water=explosion.

Then again, that would make the game mechanics more complicated or interesting depending on your POV.

Just so you know, you have to be specific on what acid you're using. Fluorine based ones tend to react violently with water so it's more of fluorine acid+water=explosion.

Then again, that would make the game mechanics more complicated or interesting depending on your POV.
Well, it might up the budget on physics engine and effects. I realize that a lot of games that people say could've had more realism or more in-depth (elemental) damage mechanics didn't. Because of budget constraints and not because it would've been a lot more difficult to program it all. Certain big-name developers don't have that excuse, though.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016

Counter argument: Unless you're shooting minivan sized grenades from fortified artillery positions or space ships, bullets tipped / filled with the acid won't do more than a few farts.
Of course, inside an oponent the stuff might wreak havoc, but you have to get it inside in the first place.
And if it's this volatile, you're better off using HE munitions in the first place since the moment the bullets enter the enemy they get surface chunks blown off compared to the carefully balanced penetration of explosive bullets.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Counter argument: Unless you're shooting minivan sized grenades from fortified artillery positions or space ships, bullets tipped / filled with the acid won't do more than a few farts.
Of course, inside an oponent the stuff might wreak havoc, but you have to get it inside in the first place.
And if it's this volatile, you're better off using HE munitions in the first place since the moment the bullets enter the enemy they get surface chunks blown off compared to the carefully balanced penetration of explosive bullets.
SEE THAT SH*T. THAT'S WHY I'M F*CKING #1. FREE' SPLODIN VEST FOR ALL.
NOW PRESS THAT SHINY RED NAVEL. AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT A F*CKING TORGUE FAN YOU ARE.

WEEEEEOWEEBLYWEEBLYOWEWEWWEAAAAOOOO
*Disappear behind epic guitarsplosion*