Expedite game production pls

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Last "big news don't miss it" was Marc joining, so maybe they found the hard surface modeller or the other animator they were looking for. So yeah, maybe big things are coming.
Doesn't detract from the timeline they set. Could have just as easily said "roadmap in June". If it isn't ready, be realistic so people know what's coming.

Setting realistic expectations is important. Already mentioned in OP.
*all said while looking at Home Demo longingly

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The big tragedy is that someone completely on the outside of the project won't know where to go or what to read to know what's going on. The most obvious outward-facing information sources are stale.
What if the information was easier for them to see for visitors / new players as an example.
Place it a topic called (Em8er Starter Hub)

In the Em8er Starter Hub you could get simple straight to the point information just like in Em8er medium.
There could be Video format too such as from remixthis, Skube etc

Some simple guides and the Em8er medium link too.

That way its not all jumbled up and having to search for this, making it easier that even a complete stranger would understand what Em8er is and what to do next.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
In the Em8er Starter Hub you could get simple straight to the point information just like in Em8er medium.
This, maybe on the main Em-8ER landing site. You've got your links, intro to the social media, the Discord, the forum, videos from creators, Medium, something about the Chief Chats. Do some sort of spread about the Patron skins and backing for people who don't know. Keep it dynamic so every time you go there, it's actually up to date.

Chief Chats don't get transcripts often, the Twitter doesn't get updated. If you could bring it all into one place, it'd be easier to manage. Maybe bring on a few more community volunteers to take the work off, I dunno. The problem then lies in keeping it updated, something that is changing with the Medium Devblogs, but has been missing in the rest of the media.

Curious as to what analytics the team have. I honestly aren't sure how people are finding Em-8ER beyond Grummz' personal Twitter. If people are landing on the Discord and staying, landing on the forum and having an information overload...

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Keep it dynamic so every time you go there, it's actually up to date.
Yes but i still think there could be something like a reception desk information which helps. I am thinking for some it may put them off because there is lots of writing in the similar fonts and doesn't stand out compared to other topics.

Chief Chats don't get transcripts often, the Twitter doesn't get updated. If you could bring it all into one place, it'd be easier to manage. Maybe bring on a few more community volunteers to take the work off, I dunno. The problem then lies in keeping it updated, something that is changing with the Medium Devblogs, but has been missing in the rest of the media.
I'd suggest they need to update together so that all forms of communication is relevant even if one is a few hours late at least its on the same day or so.

I am sure there are folks who would do that even i'd help as long as we can communicate on the forum with the required info even if it needs to be tweaked etc

Curious as to what analytics the team have. I honestly aren't sure how people are finding Em-8ER beyond Grummz' personal Twitter. If people are landing on the Discord and staying, landing on the forum and having an information overload...
I guess its a mixture of methods from twitch, youtube, the karmen collaboration, social media and medium.
Also word of mouth and i think with the help of a media kit and flyers could push it further out across.

Then it could be steam and other platforms which could really make this be seen for a bigger audience / community.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
What if the information was easier for them to see for visitors / new players as an example.
Place it a topic called (Em8er Starter Hub)

Some simple guides and the Em8er medium link too.

That way its not all jumbled up and having to search for this, making it easier that even a complete stranger would understand what Em8er is and what to do next.

well maybe if there were more input from those who are in the know

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I hope so, because there are some very creative and smart folks here it would be a shame not to have more input.

Plus i'd like some folks to add to the S-files been meaning to add more poop to that topic usually when i am bored.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Plus i'd like some folks to add to the S-files been meaning to add more poop to that topic usually when i am bored.
Just for you, it is done.

The original FAQ was a group effort, and despite the new out of date information and broken formatting, maybe it's getting time to pull some members in again and get something permanent going.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Been reading this thread and mulling it over. Just know my eyes are on it and I'm listening.

Wall I am glad to see you are looking at the posts but also hope you & the team do a little more in the forum.

really all that would be needed IMO is a post regularly at the very least saying "hi" "glad to see you all" "were making progress in many venues & hope to have something for you all to look at real soon.

it really wont take much time on your part but it will go VERY far just knowing things really are going in the right direction

Thanks

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu