Expedite game production pls

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The forum should exist as THE source for Em-8ER news and updates, rather than the DIscord.
At least in the discord it could be a shortened version and if you want a more in depth info with all the details then the forum is the place.

So while I wouldn't say it's Grummz admitting to running out of funds, I think it's more Grummz wanting to do more things. The additional funding is a symptom of a bigger problem, and it's the cause that needs to stop. I think this was mentioned by those talking about his mismanagement of Firefall, which is concerning. It'd be better if they stopped working on new things and worked on what was initially promised. Either that, or be more transparent with what was being worked on so the community could provide feedback on whether or not they cared about it. It's difficult to say which would be better.
I think @Grummz has great ambition and that does have its advantages to see ahead. The new things added are great, but i do agree it would be trickier to do it all.

Since putting hands in all the pies means which pie will be finished first?

Speaking of pies here's a blue berry pie!
1653222799600.jpeg

Playing devil's advocate, I like the Art Pass and what it achieves. I like the renders of the skins as a proof the skins are worth the cost. I like hearing that the light frame isn't released yet because it doesn't pass quality control. I like that they're hiring on new people with specialities to work on the project rather than just Grummz and a handful of (though very talented) part-timers. I'm willing to wait, but they have to be willing to read the room and realise that some long-time members of the community who were supportive are losing faith.

Thinking more about the roadmap, I'm also willing to cede that it's unlikely to release until they have Marc up to speed, along with the hard surface modeller and animator they're looking for. The roadmap requires them to be there working to calculate how long it's realistically going to take. Fair enough, I think.

They could at least prepare something for this next currently unscheduled Chief Chat.
Yes!

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Even discord has now come to a crawl.
There is simply nothing new to talk about than just saying hi and good morning.

For the first time i was able to scroll up and saw my last message i sent on discord. This also leads to my suspicion is that no one is sharing em-8er anymore to anyone as everyone is losing faith.

Still no new Chief Chat date
Still no response on this
It is almost mid year

With the forums practically abandoned and still no response, it has now actually affected discord.
Why?
- No one is exited anymore
- Nothing new to share
(last CC wasnt archived/recorded despite the update)
- Bridge funding is now needed because there are little/no new funders/members and now relying on us dedicated members to keep it afloat (thus the subscription being a great way of funding). The game is likely being solely funded by the sub.

The game lacks funds otherwise we would of gotten more devs ages ago.
However, even though i don't fully agree with focusing on terrain, i do think it will bolster the interest in this game. Why? if the world looks amazing (cause of UE5) it appeals to the masses more. - i wrote that sentence while on hopium.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Even discord has now come to a crawl.
There is simply nothing new to talk about than just saying hi and good morning.

For the first time i was able to scroll up and saw my last message i sent on discord. This also leads to my suspicion is that no one is sharing em-8er anymore to anyone
That's true with the lack of updates/news there is not much to share currently.
I disagree its just on pause at the time until things pick which we are all keeping a close eye on when it does.

With the forums practically abandoned and still no response
Hmm we are still here at least, and the others i'd guess they'll respond eventually!

The game lacks funds otherwise we would of gotten more devs ages ago.
The funding would surely help and it is also important to find the right skilled individual for the job.
Just like in sports where player purchase is carefully considered depending on the budget and how they fit in the team composition.

There's also the risk that some players could get injuries from accidents to even lack of rest and could lose their drive.

Not saying it happens all the time but it does occur, and having the right cover within a decent team composition to do so when things go a little side ways is good help.

The issue would be still managed even with the star players on the side line until they make a good recovery to return.

I do think it will pick up and honestly believe the team is expanding even though we cannot see it.
Perhaps it would be nice to read of each member of team. As an example to know who is currently working.

A fake name could be used with a small description of what they are involved in and some little details here and there such as what they would like to see in Em8er and why they like their job etc

E.g.

Em8er team profile: 5698980698080965-GQn6

Name: Ian da potato

Task: Creating nice character models

Dislikes: Smelly eggs

Why Em8er: It has a variety of characters/life forms and to create this would help bring the unique living world to life.

Hobby: Playing hopscotch with my kangaroo

Best food: Cereal

Ambition: To climb a mountain and put down a Crixa labs flag

Wise words: Always look under your bed the dog could be eating your slipper!

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
That's true with the lack of updates/news there is not much to share currently.
I disagree its just on pause at the time until things pick which we are all keeping a close eye on when it does.

Hmm we are still here at least, and the others i'd guess they'll respond eventually!

The funding would surely help and it is also important to find the right skilled individual for the job.
Just like in sports where player purchase is carefully considered depending on the budget and how they fit in the team composition.

There's also the risk that some players could get injuries from accidents to even lack of rest and could lose their drive.

Not saying it happens all the time but it does occur, and having the right cover within a decent team composition to do so when things go a little side ways is good help.

The issue would be still managed even with the star players on the side line until they make a good recovery to return.

I do think it will pick up and honestly believe the team is expanding even though we cannot see it.
Perhaps it would be nice to read of each member of team. As an example to know who is currently working.

A fake name could be used with a small description of what they are involved in and some little details here and there such as what they would like to see in Em8er and why they like their job etc

E.g.

Em8er team profile: 5698980698080965-GQn6

Name: Ian da potato

Task: Creating nice character models

Dislikes: Smelly eggs

Why Em8er: It has a variety of characters/life forms and to create this would help bring the unique living world to life.

Hobby: Playing hopscotch with my kangaroo

Best food: Cereal

Ambition: To climb a mountain and put down a Crixa labs flag

Wise words: Always look under your bed the dog could be eating your slipper!

I do have to hand it to you Panda your enthusiasm here does keep me coming back to see what is happening.

BUT that said there was some months ago there was a chat stream me & some others were having fun with & it was locked. so this is a bit of a distraction & if they (whoever locked that other stream) would have let things roll it would have kept thoughts on something else.

the "eye on the prize" thought seems to have gone though

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I do have to hand it to you Panda your enthusiasm here does keep me coming back to see what is happening.

BUT that said there was some months ago there was a chat stream me & some others were having fun with & it was locked. so this is a bit of a distraction & if they (whoever locked that other stream) would have let things roll it would have kept thoughts on something else.

the "eye on the prize" thought seems to have gone though

Thanks i just keep coming back because like yourself we genuinely care!

Hmm why would the chat stream be locked, here are some possible hypothesis:

- Em8erbot got mischievous?
- Someone spilled a drink then bumped their head and flipped backwards and that led to the locked stream accident?
- The chat was taken over by a spy who did not like fun?

I am not actually sure why to be honest..... :confused:

So we got this, we having a Chief Chat this Thursday. Let's hope Grummz finally addresses stuff
Some questions like to know:

1) How are you & are you back to full Grummz restored?
2) How many are part time / full time working currently, and whats the number you'd like to have ideally in the future?
3) When could we expect the Media kit to be out so we can help?
4) Have you read the interesting ideas ? in https://forums.em8er.com/threads/expedite-game-production-pls.2223/page-4#post-67758
5) Regarding the previous question could you see yourself implementing some of these ideas?

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Thanks i just keep coming back because like yourself we genuinely care!

Hmm why would the chat stream be locked, here are some possible hypothesis:

- Em8erbot got mischievous?
- Someone spilled a drink then bumped their head and flipped backwards and that led to the locked stream accident?
- The chat was taken over by a spy who did not like fun?

I am not actually sure why to be honest..... :confused:

Some questions like to know:

1) How are you & are you back to full Grummz restored?
2) How many are part time / full time working currently, and whats the number you'd like to have ideally in the future?
3) When could we expect the Media kit to be out so we can help?
4) Have you read the interesting ideas ? in https://forums.em8er.com/threads/expedite-game-production-pls.2223/page-4#post-67758
5) Regarding the previous question could you see yourself implementing some of these ideas?

Found it Panda & you were in on it as well & THAT was a lot of fun. it was the contest & the story we had going I has a blast with it

Miss Em-8er Waifu 2021 Contest!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Found it Panda & you were in on it as well & THAT was a lot of fun. it was the contest & the story we had going I has a blast with it

Miss Em-8er Waifu 2021 Contest!
That was a journey if the topic wasn't closed it would never end :D and even though No 7 didn't win to me she is the winner!

Wonder if there could be more contests such as:

Super Vehicles 202* Contest (From sexy bikes to super tanks etc)
Mr Em8er Husbando 202* (Contest (Big frame, small frame slim frame who is the man that will win?)
Kaiju chaos 202* Contest (Colossal sized creatures which one will roar to success?)
Evil things 202* Contest (Which is the most evil delight of them all?)
Dreamy Biome 202* Contest (Paradise, or treacherous areas which one will take you away?)
Bug Madness 202* Contest (Vote for the best annoying bug issue in the game)
Top Pets 202* (Cute pets, serious pets, grumpy pets many pets!)
Mount Awards 202* (Starring Mounts ..... decide on the mount on your epic quests!)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Everyone is probably sleeping in America still, so I'll post it. Link from the latest email, worth a read: https://em-8er.medium.com/awesome-terrain-cinematic-artist-joins-em8er-18f5d35dd995

More there than just "new environment artist, look". Chief Chat in 8 hours or so, worth the watch.
@liandri thanks for adding it you read my mind :D

I am saving this link and could be great to find this under website section so not only do we see Em8er website, with the drop down option can locate the Em8er Medium Blog too.

The trees looked particular interesting like salad that have been twisted and tied up.
Not like your usual trees so this is appealing, as tempting to eat as it is.. i'd make an exception especially when you just want to sit on the tree and look from far or just hang out.

What if an Npc had a Tree house your pondering hmm with camo to blend with the tree?
Are there anything grown on those trees such as flaming oranges that when you open up unleash flames for a moment and turn blue and taste of minty blue - passion fruit with a zing!

Sadly cant make the chat of chiefs i am sure we can watch it on twitch soon and read more about it!

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Everyone is probably sleeping in America still, so I'll post it. Link from the latest email, worth a read: https://em-8er.medium.com/awesome-terrain-cinematic-artist-joins-em8er-18f5d35dd995

More there than just "new environment artist, look". Chief Chat in 8 hours or so, worth the watch.
NOW if that were in the forum in "Em8er News" i would bet that most of these posts would be a lot different,

all of that looks VERY nice & to follow up on that if there were in the forum once a month or so what is happening it would go far to reassure everyone & help with funding, dont get me wrong the chief chat is still a nice tough but IMO the forum needs better utilization

OH BTW i m awake

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
That was a journey if the topic wasn't closed it would never end :D and even though No 7 didn't win to me she is the winner!

Wonder if there could be more contests such as:

Super Vehicles 202* Contest (From sexy bikes to super tanks etc)
Mr Em8er Husbando 202* (Contest (Big frame, small frame slim frame who is the man that will win?)
Kaiju chaos 202* Contest (Colossal sized creatures which one will roar to success?)
Evil things 202* Contest (Which is the most evil delight of them all?)
Dreamy Biome 202* Contest (Paradise, or treacherous areas which one will take you away?)
Bug Madness 202* Contest (Vote for the best annoying bug issue in the game)
Top Pets 202* (Cute pets, serious pets, grumpy pets many pets!)
Mount Awards 202* (Starring Mounts ..... decide on the mount on your epic quests!)

LOL we need a "what will happen to major Tom" & see what happens to him

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
From the email, there will be a CC,
Looks like our feedback has been noticed. And I also believe you're right about Grummz checking out people best suited for the job (and not rush hiring). which is good good news.

But, in regards to the news/update: ( i get it if it is WIP but if not...)
The link to the update on the email is a blog website. It should be (also) posted on the forums where everyone will see it, rather that another website to keep track of. Blog sites dont last long imo, unless it gets turned into the Em-8er news page. But then just post it on the forums, it generates traffic and discussion which is much needed here.
I assume it will be integrated into the em-8er website like the shop is. However just friendly feedback.

Second point to reinforce my comment is:
The top 4/5 forum threads (this being the other) are non-Em-8er related.
something that game companies forget, there's a decent portion of game comminutes (pc related) that love reading patch notes. Even just posting an update even in bullet points. It does it for me, and it does it for many others, we love that stuff. Even if it is 'fixed this', 'changed that', bug smashing etc.

Even with the CC's, post it on the forums, even if it is this time, and "will be showing x and x, dont miss it". It gets emailed out, why not also just post it on the forums. If any new/member checks the forums they'll see there is still progress being made and the devs are actively pushing updates.
It does a lot for the community and everyone's support for the game than neglecting it. I mean, even there store is connected on here.

link from email
https://em-8er.medium.com/
or
https://em-8er.medium.com/awesome-terrain-cinematic-artist-joins-em8er-18f5d35dd995

TLDR: Yes, we want updates, small or large, post it on the forums.

And yes, I Still do believe Em-8er will be a great game one day, and will be successful with kickstarter. Myself and others all here want it to be a great success.

Last edited:

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
From the email, there will be a CC,
Looks like our feedback has been noticed. And I also believe you're right about Grummz checking out people best suited for the job (and not rush hiring). which is good good news.

But, in regards to the news/update: ( i get it if it is WIP but if not...)
The link to the update on the email is a blog website. It should be (also) posted on the forums where everyone will see it, rather that another website to keep track of. Blog sites dont last long imo, unless it gets turned into the Em-8er news page. But then just post it on the forums, it generates traffic and discussion which is much needed here.
I assume it will be integrated into the em-8er website like the shop is. However just friendly feedback.

Second point to reinforce my comment is:
The top 4/5 forum threads (this being the other) are non-Em-8er related.
something that game companies forget, there's a decent portion of game comminutes (pc related) that love reading patch notes. Even just posting an update even in bullet points. It does it for me, and it does it for many others, we love that stuff. Even if it is 'fixed this', 'changed that', bug smashing etc.

Even with the CC's, post it on the forums, even if it is this time, and "will be showing x and x, dont miss it". It gets emailed out, why not also just post it on the forums. If any new/member checks the forums they'll see there is still progress being made and the devs are actively pushing updates.
It does a lot for the community and everyone's support for the game than neglecting it. I mean, even there store is connected on here.

link from email
https://em-8er.medium.com/
or
https://em-8er.medium.com/awesome-terrain-cinematic-artist-joins-em8er-18f5d35dd995

TLDR: Yes, we want updates, small or large, post it on the forums.

And yes, I Still do believe Em-8er will be a great game one day, and will be successful with kickstarter. Myself and others all here want it to be a great success.
I wish i could have spammed the likes

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I wish i could have spammed the likes
I appreciate the support.
-

An update for those who was never able to see the CC that took place a few hours ago. Grummz did address the last 6 weeks of delays. He did state that they are now increasing work output. Covid had effected his health (and family) and other things caused delays. As much as i do care about his (their) health, the last 6 weeks and 6 months/year and everything else raised here; isnt a suffice justification.

He did answer my question if he's seen the forums, but he wasnt sure that it was in regards to another older thread, so he's yet to see our feedback/complaints.

As I already mentioned, he did address the recent delays, but, he should be aware of all of our concerns. Also noting that there has been over 2k views of this thread, not to mention the youtube videos on/about this (Skube + RemixThis). We are passionate about this game and want it to succeed, otherwise we wouldn't say the harsh reality.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'd like to see the Em8er Medium site get integrated just like the Em8er website for easier location.
With a drop down option on the website to give the option of Em8er Website and Em8er Blog.

Is the Em8er news and Em8er blog one of the same or does the Em8er news have more Details and the blog focuses on specific topic highlights?

Em8er medium is a good idea to bring Em8er to the Medium community which could help add more interest to the Em8er discussion and even our community.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
The others in the biome wonder if they are aware & ever return then suddenly over the coms
the distinctive voice spoke with the final words

alright were doing this

BUT were they the final words?

It appears not
what is that coming out of the darkness? could it be our hero?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The scout keeps watching from the towers, darkness canvasses the sky a perfect opportunity for someone to make their move. "Friend or foe who goes there?" no response the scout's eye lids begin to get heavier... blinking several times and a voice whispers

The Scout's body dropped just as the voice was heard and as it hit the surface the alarms began to blare out.

Disorientated the scout slowly opened their eyes and got up after several minutes unaware of what was going on.

A faint outline appeared in the darkness not moving it hovered shifting from side to side of the ground like a ghost even cowboy Russell couldn't make out what the heck it was.