Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Jul 26, 2016
decided to get Doom Eternal.

I didn't get very far. I stopped playing after fifteen minutes. The game is really different from the it's predecessor.

In the previous Doom, you get ammo and health from different glory kills (melee kills when they are blinking) or tons of ammo and health if you use a chainsaw. In Doom Eternal you only get health by glory kills and only get ammo from using the chainsaw. That's a bit annoying. Kinda of wish I didn't replay Doom 2016 before playing this game.

Story is weird so far. I was expecting a direct sequel or at least a combat/story explaining how I went from the Doom 2016 to Doom Eternal but they skipped that. Hopefully they explain that later. .... though I'm almost expecting the Devs to turn that into a set of DLC missions. I hope that doesn't happen. But if it does, at least there will be a stream or LP of that on twitch or youtube.

Movement is significantly different. The other one from the start you were pretty much a monkey with a gun and upgrades later made that even crazier. This one, you are a slug with a gun. I'm hoping that changes later with upgrades.

They changed secrets so you can't really miss them this time around. It's so bluntly obvious that it's sickening.

Music is still good.

Combat feels slower. Man if I wanted to play a slow FPS, there is plenty tactical shooters out there, I just didn't expect Doom to become one after 2016.

[[edit] tried a few more minutes. Realized this game is now much more like Serious Sam than it's predecessor. In Serious Sam you absolutely need to use certain weapons for certain enemies. This game is the same which is different than Doom 2016 where you can complete the game using the starter pistol if you wanted to.

Oh an melee attacks don't do squat anymore. Man, I really shouldn't have replayed 2016 before playing this.

[edit]
just found out that I can shoot the legs off an the spider brain demon and not just his turret with the rifle with the scope attachment. The game is growing on me.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The music is good i like the old one's too

A good story because that just sets the whole adventure there is something about the older doom games even though the graphics are dated just like old resident evil games they lure me back into nostalgia and that feeling of investigating those pda's and those lost souls in the game!

Jul 26, 2016
Arknights cause everyone else at work stopped playing COD mobile when it went nuts with it's store/gacha crap.

It's a weird little tactics game. A bunch of chibis fights off waves of goons in a tower defense style.
They give you both in game money and real money options toward the gacha system and don't really push you toward either. Ads are pretty much non existent for now. They also made grinding for upgrades easier by giving you the ability to automate your battles if you complete a level perfectly.

Jul 26, 2016
This corona crap is pissing me off... maybe everyone needs to start wearing full body bio hazard suits. Then we can go back to work.

Found out today the Ghost recon breakpoint got an update that changed the game. Choosing immersive mode dropped the weapon gear score and added reasons to use all the crafted food items as well two classes, weapons, more missions, a new weapon mod slot, etc.

I then saw that i never completed the game. I got to final mission but I never got around to doing it when I noticed the final mission has a freaking terminator tank in it's base. I hate those things. Their detection range is crazy and they got miniguns plus homing rockets plus freaking mortars. And a freaking life bar. And their looks are so freaking out of place with the world. It's too sci-fi.

Yeah I know their is a dlc raid mission that make the terminator tank look like a tonka toy but I tend to solo stuff... and since that's locked to teams, it doesn't register to me. That too is really too sci-fi.

Anyway, I started a new game on a unused save slot and after playing in the new mode, I can say it's both harder and better. I don't know about the big terminator tank or the smaller tanks yet, but everything else is good.

Gear score never mattered to me because 1 or 2 shots to a weakpoint killed nearly everything in this game before the update. Now in immersive mode... it's the same thing but since there is no gear score, now ever more people know about how to effectively kill stuff in the game that before.

Extreme mode is bit more extreme. More injuries, minimap off, a lot of floating icons removed, etc. You can't carry a 100 weapons now and instead choose 2 for 2 weapon slots and a sidearm. It feels like upgrading is easier too.

[edit]
It took me a few weeks to figure out how to beat the final boss for episode 2 solo on extreme in immersive mode.

The problem is that there is a constant drone spam plus a giant robot tank that not only has miniguns and rockets but also gas mortars too. (& for some reason the devs hardset the difficulty to this fight to one setting for all difficulties. The only difference is on easy which gets a greater enemy hit miss chance. Other than that you'll get hurt the same amount in immersive mode & deal with the same amount of enemies). Also Found out this encounter has a blind spot that seems to me set up intentional. Played the encounter a few more times on new saves and found it works the same.

So if anyone is having problems... if you run in an take down the first phase, you might notice there is catwalk and a ladder to the roof.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This corona crap is pissing me off... maybe everyone needs to start wearing full body bio hazard suits. Then we can go back to work
I was thinking the same we should get an Em8er edition put some little wings and wear our camelbaks making wooshing sounds as we go past other employees :D

Atm still playing warframe the new update scarlet spear is a nice addition and those sentients are a pain in the butts :O

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
After several plays it has got alittle boring scarlet spear in space or the ground is the same just another defend mission.

I was hoping it would be more perhaps a mix of defending, infiltrating, attacking and rescuing but its just put this object on the ground protect it shoot some stuff send some special code to the space team or ground team and repeat.

plus its pretty grindy so far to get some special stuff from the npc little duck.

The previous railjack update was better because there were several things you can do
pliot flying the spaceship, gunning using the side guns to take out enemies and astroids even using the super beam cannon, infiltrating sabotaging enemy spaceships targeting the high priority crewships, fly in space and use archwing to smash into spaceships, engineer to fix and defend inside the spaceship

just lacked enough space missions because they all looked similar but it would be more interesting if the spaceship could be flown in the open world planets to take out floating vessels that are patrolling air space or go sneaky and take out something on the ground to access the vessels etc

perhaps find a broken enemy ship to fix it in some mountain to fy and go inside the enemy mother ship hmm

Anyways its still fun but i am probably going to do the other things such as working on my spaceship and stealthy rescues, sabotages etc

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Anyone want to play warframe? have a space base and just got my spaceship upgraded with better things but probably looking for more things.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Revisting second life have started roleplaying in a cyberpunk sim called Helix

Here i am planning to fix robots and mechs and hack stuff since i am quite the shorty in this dangerous city. Thankfully have my trusted glider jetpack to escape and splinter cell type goggles to see in various ways rp wise :D

Here i am on top of a security mech!
mech & I.jpg
Here is the collection of robots for different tasks
the collection so far.jpg
Planning my route and explore
ramp to jetpack away.jpg
Here i am gliding :D
gliding away.jpg

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Some games i went to revisit

- Tera
My steam version did not work well so installed with the gameforge client worked nicely!

- Dead frontier 2
fun game but abit buggy sometimes though great with friends to pass time

- Synthetik Arena
Nice little game

- pix the cat
Also a nice little game!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Recently started playing a game called Dead frontier 2 its a fun game on steam where you are faced off against zombies and can play solo or with others.

Bopping zombies on the head and making them go away is fun alot like to use the guns but that does draw quite a bunch of zombies attention :O

Jul 26, 2016
looks like a fun game when i saw it sometime ago was really hoping it would be co-op unless things have changed i dont know hmm
they gave it the same thing that dark souls have. So it's not co-op but instead an extra random danger.

I'm also playing Satisfactory. Sometimes. I stopped though since the only challenge is my own amount of patience and that get's boring to me.