Introduction Thread

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
HI folks, nearly 30-year old guy here, who didmany things for livign, but couldnt saty in one place for too long.

I spend far to many moons in front of screen playning diffrent games.

I joined Firefall community somewhere in 2013, played on-and-off pretty regulary since then. IIRC, even since i first instaled it, FF never left my HDD(exluding formats, and exchange said HDD for never one). I grove very atatched to thsi game since it is (was?imnot sure yet) just about only online,and oen of very few overall shooters i ever enjoyed.

So yeh, i have high hopes for Ember, and hope we will all have fun together.

Jul 29, 2016
'ere we go again :)
Hi, my name is Emilio, 26 years old, Electronic Engineer, Chilean gamer. SteelRonin is my nick in video games.
This "ember" situation reminds me the first hype about firefall and the first videos about it's open world, nice landscapes, team play, nice look frames....etc.

I joined Firefall community since the first day they opened their forum, I waited the years to play it, but the game was not fun as it looked on the videos, my friends and I started to abandon it. I tried to revive the charm on it by reinstalling it, gave it another try but I only found the game was worse than before.

All my good desire to Ember project :)

Jul 29, 2016
my name is LegionXDeath, i was once a FF addict, played around 1K-2K hours before it went into steam, from 3/4 of closed beta to when stuff fell into chaos, love that game, loved the grind also loved the bikes! im currently playing alot of monster hunter generations, The witcher 3, starbound, fallout 4, subnautic, and many more :p
hope we all get along \o/
and i hope i will see ya'll in ember , whenever it comes out :p

Jul 29, 2016
Hi all. I am witchypoo or a variation of it on FIREFALL , I am more than excited about this game and cannot wait until release.. I was in Beta , and am so stoked .. lets go :) ready to lock and load :)

Jul 29, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm a 20 year old Computer Science student. I went by the name CandyLips in Firefall, and that is the name I will use here!
I've been playing Firefall since 2013 I think, somewhere close to the last closed beta test I think, right before Firefall went into Open Beta. Those first days I experienced are still my favorite days of Firefall, with the Chosen Invasions and actual dynamic events. I'm probably considered one of the 'younger' vets I suppose. Nice to see a few familiar names here and there, although not many know me since I was a long-time lurker of the forums.
My current gaming habits are a rotation of playing Smite and Overwatch. But what I find really interesting to share is the fact that my favorite genre is still a Sci-Fi Third-Person Shooter with jetpacks! (Very specific, I know :p ) It's been very difficult to find games of that genre, and the ones I've played and really enjoyed, I have also sadly, watched them sink. I started with Global Agenda, a long, long time ago. It captivated me with its unique mechanics, but it was too big a project for a small company trying to find its footing. Then I found Firefall, and it managed to fill my need that kind of game, and I was hooked! And now, unfortunately, we all know what that became.

That's quite a bit I've written, so I'll stop it here. Really looking forward to Ember!

Sanitus

Jul 29, 2016
Sweden
I'm Sanitus, 21 year old Swede. I was fairly active on the old Firefall forums back during closed beta. A bit hesitant in trusting Ember to turn out well but couldn't resist joining the forums.

Omulet

Jul 30, 2016
Romania
Gamer myself for many years , also a Firefall founder which is disappointed of how that game went after beta and left and came back to see that its going to die, good thing that i found news about this and i hope its gonna be good

I always use the name MattHunX on every forum. I got it from my days playing Mega Man X games, a lot. Love that series, still. And I'm from Hungary. My nick is a bit ironic. People will probably assume I'm nationalistic, but I'm quite the opposite. Can't stand nationalism, especially the blind, history-denying, history revising-type that exists today.

In-game, I like my characters to have different names, though. I always aim to make one male and one female character.

A few people from FireFall will probably recognize the names of my characters, Vesper Raine and Chaser Sward, as I do believe I have a reputation for complaining a lot and being abrasive, to put it mildly. I'm easily annoyed, with patience that is practically non-existent. I also know, seeing how people seem to be familiar with more veteran players, that I'm not even the worst of the lot, much to my pleasant surprise.

With that said, here and in Ember, if it ever becomes a thing, I'll conduct myself more properly and will attempt to be less aggressive.

Dark

Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
Dark here to represent the Australian contingent. Been a gamer since I got addicted to RPG's on Nintendo (breath or fire, secret of mana, final fantasy, secret of evermore and so on) been addicted ever since.

I will run for prime minister under the Ember party so we can have all Australians playing.

lykosfx

Jul 29, 2016
Oi!

Meu nick na internet é lykosfx.

Eu participo da comunidade brasileira de Firefall junto com Fabricio21RJ dando idéias, resolvendo problemas e lendo as novidades que o Fabricio21RJ nos leva sempre que pode.

Sou da época do CBT e abaixo tem um vídeo que me trouxe inspiração para iniciar este grande jogo com base no sistema horizontal.

Espero que EMBER não seja uma cópia de Firefall, mas um outro jogo com os mesmos princípios filosóficos de Mark Kern. Com nova roupagem, novos sistemas de eventos, dando às BFs mais personalidade nas habilidades, com Jets que façam diferença em um combate, com uma "Molecular Printer" dinâmica e intuitiva, com um comércio honesto que aparece o nome no nick do char que esteja vendendo o item e com um sistema de PvP separado do sistema de PvE.

Até... Nos encontramos na área de sugestões.

Obrigado por sua atenção
Abraços.

Hi!

My nickname on the internet is lykosfx.

I participate in the Brazilian community Firewall with Fabricio21RJ giving ideas, solving problems and reading the news that Fabricio21RJ leads us whenever he can.

I am the time of CBT and below is a video that brought me inspiration to start this great game based on the horizontal system.

I hope EMBER is not a copy of Firefall, but another game with the same philosophical principles of Mark Kern. With a new look, new events systems, giving BFs more personality in skills, with jets that make a difference in a fight with a "Molecular Printer" dynamic and intuitive, with an honest trade that name appears in the char nickname that is selling the item and a separate PvP system PvE system.

To ... We met in the suggestion area.

Thanks for your attention
Hugs.

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
Olá, bem-vindo para os fóruns @lykosfx.

Esse vídeo foi uma coisa de beleza de volta ao dia. Na verdade, é uma das razões pelas quais eu estava interessado em Firefall em primeiro lugar. Espero que você aproveite a sua estadia aqui nos fóruns Ember.

(Desculpe se isso foi massacrado. Usei o Google para traduzir isso para mim.)

Hello, welcome to the forums.

That video was a thing of beauty back in the day. It's actually one of the reasons I was interested in Firefall in the first place. I hope you enjoy your stay here on the Ember forums.

(Sorry if this was butchered. I used Google to translate this for me.)

lykosfx

Jul 29, 2016
Oi Nakiato!

Obrigado.
É muito bom poder participar.

Abraços

(Agradeço o Google Tradutor por nos ajudar a comunicar)

Hi Nakiato!

Thank you.
It's great to participate.

Hugs

(Thank Google Translate for helping us communicate)

KBTKaiser

Commander
Ark Liege
Jul 31, 2016
Australia
KBTKaiser, pilot name Miyakuni, FireFall Commander-tier Founder, 31, currently in a state of flux in terms of location, but was in the US at the time of closed beta just before the change from horizontal progression happened.

I remember the post launch times when dropping a solo thumper 2+ or a group thumper always resulted in a Chosen Drop Pod coming to crash the party.