Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
#InOtherNews

US puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials

The Ecuadorian delegation, for instance, was expected to introduce the resolution but was weaned off the idea after the US threatened to impose harmful trade measures and withdraw military assistance—which the US is providing in the northern part of the country to help address violence spilling over the border from Colombia.

Officials from the US, Uruguay, and Mexico said that at least a dozen other countries—many of which are poor countries in Africa and Latin America—dropped the resolution after the US sucked away their interest.

“What happened was tantamount to blackmail, with the US holding the world hostage and trying to overturn nearly 40 years of consensus on the best way to protect infant and young child health,” Patti Rundall, a breastfeeding advocate who attended the assembly, told the Times.
In the end, the US’s effort to dash the WHO resolution encouraging breastfeeding was largely unsuccessful. Russia ultimately sponsored the resolution and the American delegation did not issue any threats to the country.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...eastfeeding-policy-shocking-health-officials/

A Russian delegate said the decision to introduce the breast-feeding resolution was a matter of principle.

“We’re not trying to be a hero here, but we feel that it is wrong when a big country tries to push around some very small countries, especially on an issue that is really important for the rest of the world,” said the delegate, who asked not to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
"In addition to the trade threats, Todd C. Chapman, the United States ambassador to Ecuador, suggested in meetings with officials in Quito, the Ecuadorean capital, that the Trump administration might also retaliate by withdrawing the military assistance it has been providing in northern Ecuador, a region wracked by violence spilling across the border from Colombia, according to an Ecuadorean government official who took part in the meeting. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

Last edited:

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
1531248461746.png

Picky Refugee Just Expects To Be Reunited With Exact Same Family As Before

MCALLEN, TX—Expressing frustration with the migrant child’s sense of entitlement, ICE authorities confirmed Monday that picky Honduran refugee Blanca Diaz just expected to be reunited with the exact same family she had before. “We’re already letting you go, and now you think you deserve special treatment and will just be automatically paired with whichever parents you want? Jesus, there’s just no pleasing some people,” said ICE agent Patrick Buecker of the 5-year-old girl who, after being forcibly separated from her parents and sisters at the border, was now “making such a huge deal” about the precise names, ages, and nationalities of the family members with whom she wished to rejoin. “We gave her a perfectly good mother and father and some siblings. They even spoke Spanish, but she just couldn’t let it go that they happened to be from El Salvador. Come on, don’t be such a diva—you’re never going to be happy with such ridiculously high standards.” At press time, Buecker was attempting to appease Diaz by throwing in an extra baby brother if she agreed to just take what was offered to her.

https://local.theonion.com/picky-refugee-just-expects-to-be-reunited-with-exact-sa-1827449946

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
removing things that aren't sexy on a desk from my desk. need help deciding about some things:
hastily scribbled notes on, like, government envelopes and the things clothes hang from in stores
some of the fancier candy-wrappers
parts of the desk I haven't installed yet
box of contact lenses
empty ginger beer bottles
confetti
used illegal straws
three different micro-B-cables
hairpin-packaging
keychain that blinks when immersed in water
losing charity-lottery tickets
an alarm-clock where the snooze-button is missing
bird-pleasuring spray

please help.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
thanks. now office-supplies:
pens. round pen-holder. I have all the colors. but I'm not peruan and I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea.
pen refills. with the pens (pens around the outside of the holder and refills inside?) or in a drawer?
zip-ties. assume for a moment I have half a gallon of the size you'd use to attach wires to other wires (white) and half a gallon of the size you'd use to attach a chainsaw to a broom (black). what is the sexiest quantity of zip-ties? also separate or together? do I just pour one jar into the other?
paperclips. sculpture, hanging chain, stacks over a towers of hanoi (solve it first?), bowl (chain or separate?)? also. organize by size, color or not at all?
straws. office-supplies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.