Founder question from Firefall

Shuriko

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Norrkoping Sweden
So I just finished linking my account from Firefall to Ember and Am I really getting 100 Dollars worth of credits to use in Ember!? o_O Thats insane!?

I would really like it and appreciate it but How is this actually made possible?

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
So I just finished linking my account from Firefall to Ember and Am I really getting 100 Dollars worth of credits to use in Ember!? o_O Thats insane!?

I would really like it and appreciate it but How is this actually made possible?
If the system verifies that you had purchased a Commander Founder Pack back in the day, then yes.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

It's possible due to the promise that mark mentioned and wanted to give the loyal supporters
a nice gift to enjoy when the game starts. Its insanely good i hope there will be some really cool
stuff to get i was always a sucker for those futuristic helmets :D

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW

Congratulations Shuriko!

On the front 'monetary' end it is possible due to the limited scope of player base receiving the larger reward. Add with that the realization that this is digital in-game funds (content) exchangeable in the physical universe for only time.

On a broader aspect, this is very intelligent pre-alpha release marketing.
Among other positive aspects for the growth of Em8er, it can help a lot in early development as bringing back in the core group of contributors/testers enables smoother communication flows from 'knowledgeable' sources to work out bugs. (If a player can state, "This is a lot like when the melding repulsor glitched and would not always accept crystite resonators back before Bane claw was removed but after rhino was nerfed/fixed." the developers could have a better idea of what asterisk(s) they were supposed to delete.)

Edited out some bbc font code

Last edited:

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016

Yep, you are. They are virtual credits you can use in the in-game virtual store when the game is released.

My way of making it up to you guys. Helps spread the word too.

Feb 20, 2017
vetren here i am tots stoke but from what i understand it will be a reward for people who grandfatherd there acounts into the new so all currency gained will be virtual but from what i read yes we will get in game muns :D

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
vetren here i am tots stoke but from what i understand it will be a reward for people who grandfatherd there acounts into the new so all currency gained will be virtual but from what i read yes we will get in game muns :D
nobody's grandfathered anywhere, it's just an access comparison. grandfathering means transfering credentials and grum has no access to the ff board.
@Grummz should've talked to the board guys to install a hidden administration account before the chinese came on board.

Feb 20, 2017
nobody's grandfathered anywhere, it's just an access comparison. grandfathering means transfering credentials and grum has no access to the ff board.
@Grummz should've talked to the board guys to install a hidden administration account before the chinese came on board.
aah okay ty for clarifiying that and sorry for adding to the cofuse its just a really nice thing to do :>

Shuriko

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Norrkoping Sweden
Yep, you are. They are virtual credits you can use in the in-game virtual store when the game is released.

My way of making it up to you guys. Helps spread the word too.
It is super appreciated! Really looking forward to try out Ember!
*Lifting ye olde FireFall Beanie for ya* (yea im still using it!)

Daevic

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Devil's Tusk
i tried it but wouldnt take, it got everything but the last step, had to take a vet pack. Im thinking it was the FF forums doing me in. Damn you The9 and not maintaining the website :(

Feb 6, 2017
It's a marketing ploy. At worse some people who might have purchased currency won't have to now, since it's not real currency it's not a huge hit to a budget, but the move garners attention and goodwill. As marketing ploys go it's a good one.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
i tried it but wouldnt take, it got everything but the last step, had to take a vet pack. Im thinking it was the FF forums doing me in. Damn you The9 and not maintaining the website :(
We are using founder badge for verification. Problem here is that Red 5 was flagging accounts manually and it just happens they missed quite a bunch. To cover for this not so clever approach I offer to validate founders manually. If your account has Ensign/Lieutenant/Commander upgrade (you can check here) send me PM and we can sort this out.

You'll be looking for one or all of these: