Founder question from Firefall

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by Shuriko, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Shuriko

Shuriko New Member

So I just finished linking my account from Firefall to Ember and Am I really getting 100 Dollars worth of credits to use in Ember!? o_O Thats insane!?

I would really like it and appreciate it but How is this actually made possible?

Dragomok likes this.
  2. 203

203 Member Kahuna M.A.X.

I don't know if I want to reply to this.

3. Shuriko

Shuriko New Member

Howcome? :eek:

4. flyinhigh

flyinhigh New Member

Aids.

EvilKitten likes this.
  5. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

If the system verifies that you had purchased a Commander Founder Pack back in the day, then yes.

neonserge likes this.
  6. neonserge

neonserge Well-Known Member

It's possible due to the promise that mark mentioned and wanted to give the loyal supporters
    a nice gift to enjoy when the game starts. Its insanely good i hope there will be some really cool
    stuff to get i was always a sucker for those futuristic helmets :D

7. Dreamin

Dreamin New Member

Congratulations Shuriko!

On the front 'monetary' end it is possible due to the limited scope of player base receiving the larger reward. Add with that the realization that this is digital in-game funds (content) exchangeable in the physical universe for only time.

On a broader aspect, this is very intelligent pre-alpha release marketing.
    Among other positive aspects for the growth of Em8er, it can help a lot in early development as bringing back in the core group of contributors/testers enables smoother communication flows from 'knowledgeable' sources to work out bugs. (If a player can state, "This is a lot like when the melding repulsor glitched and would not always accept crystite resonators back before Bane claw was removed but after rhino was nerfed/fixed." the developers could have a better idea of what asterisk(s) they were supposed to delete.)

Edited out some bbc font code

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  8. Valaetoshiru

Valaetoshiru New Member

I just want my Locust motorcycle back. :,(

Johann117, MrDarq, neonserge and 3 others like this.
  9. Mad

Mad New Member

TIKI THUMPERS!!!!!

10. Terricon4

Terricon4 Well-Known Member

I want... an Omniframe with Crater.

11. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Emberite - T.H.M.P.R.

Something like this :D

[​IMG]

Moottoripyora is finnish for motobike.

Won't be using any of these egh..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  12. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Yep, you are. They are virtual credits you can use in the in-game virtual store when the game is released.

My way of making it up to you guys. Helps spread the word too.

engjang, Dragomok, EvilKitten and 5 others like this.
  13. Dean Cyrus

Dean Cyrus Member

vetren here i am tots stoke but from what i understand it will be a reward for people who grandfatherd there acounts into the new so all currency gained will be virtual but from what i read yes we will get in game muns :D

14. 203

203 Member Kahuna M.A.X.

nobody's grandfathered anywhere, it's just an access comparison. grandfathering means transfering credentials and grum has no access to the ff board.
    @Grummz should've talked to the board guys to install a hidden administration account before the chinese came on board.

15. Dean Cyrus

Dean Cyrus Member

aah okay ty for clarifiying that and sorry for adding to the cofuse its just a really nice thing to do :>

16. Shuriko

Shuriko New Member

It is super appreciated! Really looking forward to try out Ember!
    *Lifting ye olde FireFall Beanie for ya* (yea im still using it!)

17. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

Tiki Mek-A. They could totally do it and not trample on The9 IP.

18. Daevic

Daevic Emberite - Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

i tried it but wouldnt take, it got everything but the last step, had to take a vet pack. Im thinking it was the FF forums doing me in. Damn you The9 and not maintaining the website :(

19. Deo Fayte

Deo Fayte New Member

It's a marketing ploy. At worse some people who might have purchased currency won't have to now, since it's not real currency it's not a huge hit to a budget, but the move garners attention and goodwill. As marketing ploys go it's a good one.

20. Xeevis

Xeevis Well-Known Member Max Kahuna Forum Tech

We are using founder badge for verification. Problem here is that Red 5 was flagging accounts manually and it just happens they missed quite a bunch. To cover for this not so clever approach I offer to validate founders manually. If your account has Ensign/Lieutenant/Commander upgrade (you can check here) send me PM and we can sort this out.

You'll be looking for one or all of these:
    [​IMG]

Rocket and engjang like this.