DevTracker

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Eh, then why even have anything other than the WoW style crafting?
If I can be a weaponsmith + the best dmg dealer in the game, why even try to have an in depth crafting system.
Speaking for myself, I rather enjoy deep customization. So the more a games crafting system allows me to build things to my very particular specifications the more I enjoy it. The happier I am. I never found WOW's crafting system up to that task.
Though I have had a lot of enjoyment out of the weapon buidling in games like loadout and dead space 3. I have also had a lot of enjoyment out of mech games and car games where I was able to tune my machine to my unique specifications.
That in mind I would personally ask for deep crafting/customization system regardless of how it did or did not tie into the games larger economic model.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
We should all keep in mind that Ember is being built under the "Shooter first" Mantra. The other features will be extremely important but at this time there is no sign that they are ever meant to become a complete play-style in themselves.

SWG, for example, had some pretty different design goals in mind. We should manage our expectations accordingly.