DevTracker

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Firefall got into trouble early with its beta policy of always being on 24/7 in early beta (too early!) and promising never to wipe chars. This combo created a huge issue for designers as systems were not just ready to promise or keep up with this.

Ember will have weekend testing or other forms of reasonable limits restricted to backers, and won't start a general beta until much later. Progress will be wiped before launch on anything but the PTS servers, most likely.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Yep, the idea is to crowdfund in in small, deliverable sections that demonstrate progress and build confidence over time. Its actually identical to how publishers to it. Publishers pay every month or two, and only if the work has progressed to a satisfactory degree. Except now, the gamers are acting in this role.

Also its true, we have no game yet. We didn't think we'd get this far, this fast. You guys all took us by surprise. What started as a petition to gauge interest has, in less than 30 days, resulted in the community demanding and funding a website, top tier forums with mods, and full concept art for the key resource encounter (player, frame, T.H.M.P.R., alien enemy).

So now we're working on the next phase. With the demand I'm seeing, I'm happy to put another milestone of work into the game design and more concrete explanations of how we will translate the key concepts of Firefall into tangible things in Ember. This won't happen overnight, but with our step by step funding and growing of interest and the community, I'm beginning to think we can get there.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
This is the first sketch I have uploaded to anything :p. The only other thing I have uploaded(to discord) were designs for movement gear.
Oh? Can you post that here as well?