DevTracker

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I didn't promise multiple frames on any occasion, even with tiers. In fact, I've specifically said that tiers would be customization options but not different frame styles because of budget. A single omniframe with replaceable inner components and weapons for different roles is for sure. Visual upgrades on on the omniframe will be possible with the way its built, but maybe not implementable because of budget. We just have to see how far we cab get.

Also, while I've said I'm leaning towards tiers, we just don't know yet how the system will play out.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
I personally cannot see how to make a engineer style gameplay work with the omniframe, .....
I also do not see how you can make it work as a healing frame,....
We are still a ways away from Grummz deciding exactly which roles and capabilities we will see in Ember but I can at least assure you that roles like turret laying engineer or support focused medic are not inherently off limits just because of the design of the omniframe. There is nothing stopping a mech from throwing down turrets, and in mech games like Hawken you'll find the medic equivalent called the technician. It even has a repair beam (read: heal beam for mechs). If Grummz wants engineers and "medics" in the game there is nothing preventing it.

Grummz officially given up on that tiers thing he was talking about? Are we only going to have just the omniframe and that's it?
In the short term the focus is on the one omnimech. Teirs and potentially more visual indicators have not been ruled out for the future. I want to stress that we want to avoid inflating expectations so for now it is just the one omnimech on deck.