What kinds of invasions should we have?

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Bases:
The invasions will be like in Firefall but bases could be destroyed, so I thought if that could be several ways to conquer a base.
In Firefall bases won’t get destroyed so players could kill chosen and take over the base or just sneak in and convert the base below chosen noses.
What if we have the same thing with the tsi-hu bases?
We could choose destroy them or sneak in and take over the base changing the targets base defences against the owners.
But the tsi-hu could do the same thing with our bases, they could have tsi-hu agents or something like that that could be invisible most of the time, almost undetected, sneak in our bases and turn their defences against us.
In this way, base defend could take 2 fronts that players should care, we should protect the bases from tsi-hu and kaiju attacks but at the same time some players should stay at the base using the base weapons to shoot the tsi-hu and kaiju and defend it from tsi-hu agents.

New territory and new bases:
I remember something in Firefall in the north, where players collect resources to craft some kind of keys to be used in repulsors to put away melding, so we could reach temporary a new zone and face the world boss.
What if we could build at the frontier zones some kind of outpost bases that we could charge certain modules with resources to do the same thing for a limited time, to let players try to conquer a new base or other kind of events?
Or even better, we could build at our bases some kind of mobile outposts (maybe a kind of walking cities) and when a new zone is available we could make it march to the new zone, giving a protection bubble around it, and players should have two tasks, try to conquer the new base and at the same time protect the mobile outpost from being destroyed, because if it does we lose the protection bubble and all players get destroyed by the em8er atmosphere.
The outposts could have some features like enable players to repair, respawn, have some defence weaponry…
In this way players could have two choices in conquering the new base, or destroy it and turn the mobile outpost the new base, or take it from the tsi-hu and repair the mobile outpost to use it again.
And a new zone could have several base zones and after the players conquer the first one, could have several options, like if the players took over the tsi-hu base we could repair the mobile outpost to use it again to conquer the other base zones, or if the enemy base was destroyed and the mobile base turned in the new base, players have to upgrade the terraform range to conquer new bases or build a new mobile or fixed outposts to reach new bases.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2016
Well, what flavors of invasions do you like?

Siege Warfare/Castle Storming - Most dramatic
Trench Warfare - we all know this.
Cyberattack - Chat or certain HUD elements are disabled during the invasion.
Supply Raid - Enemy makes periodic attempts to steal your resources.
Pronged Attack - You’re not facing just one invasion force.
Combined/Joint Task - Anything goes here. You’re not limited to just omniframes here.
Naval Invasion - Self explanatory.
The Pearl Harbor - Enemy primarily uses air units as invasion force.
Sabotage/Search & Destroy - self explanatory
Blockade - Base cannot receive resources during the invasion.

Caveat: Mixing the flavors provided isn’t against the rules.

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
If my bases don't have MACHICOLATIIIOOOOONS, then I'll be very sad.

Give me murder-holes, guard towers, ample cover, all the good stuff. Doesn't gotta be all out, given a kaiju are living artillery and will break the walls, but it'd be fun. Something to use to take cover from Tsi-Hu while waiting for your omniframe to be dropped in.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Bases:
The invasions will be like in Firefall but bases could be destroyed, so I thought if that could be several ways to conquer a base.
In Firefall bases won’t get destroyed so players could kill chosen and take over the base or just sneak in and convert the base below chosen noses.
What if we have the same thing with the tsi-hu bases?
We could choose destroy them or sneak in and take over the base changing the targets base defences against the owners.
But the tsi-hu could do the same thing with our bases, they could have tsi-hu agents or something like that that could be invisible most of the time, almost undetected, sneak in our bases and turn their defences against us.
In this way, base defend could take 2 fronts that players should care, we should protect the bases from tsi-hu and kaiju attacks but at the same time some players should stay at the base using the base weapons to shoot the tsi-hu and kaiju and defend it from tsi-hu agents.
What if you could add to the base some form of hybrid tech such as a kaiju energy absorption with reinforced reaper wall . Lets say you could mix and match parts of the base e.g. The control interface used only understands the language of the kaiju lets say you must have a way to unlock the language this could in turn reveal secret communication and have access to kaiju build options. This could be made available once you have full access of enough materials too and at a craft rank.

Lets say you do not have these can still take over but have less choice in customizing the base taken over than someone who has unlocked aspects to mix and match tech only thing is some of them can be incompatible due to energy consumption, and information link which would make certain objects not understand what one is saying e.g. the kaiju gun is in a language that the main computer cannot understand unless there is a form of decoder you could probably see this visually and hear a strange sound when things are not working together so it can be a fun way to come up with a unique base formation.

we could build at our bases some kind of mobile outposts (maybe a kind of walking cities) and when a new zone is available we could make it march to the new zone, giving a protection bubble around it, and players should have two tasks, try to conquer the new base and at the same time protect the mobile outpost from being destroyed, because if it does we lose the protection bubble and all players get destroyed by the em8er atmosphere.
That sounds fun like protecting things and we all want to protect something this important for everyone's interest or it could delay our progress!

Well, what flavors of invasions do you like?
They all sound good i am greedy :D

- What about ride warfare you sit on a chosen kaiju attempting to control it... possible risk of ragdoll death.

If done right you could have a possible temporary ridable kaiju with the help of a mind controlling device
!
If the device gets destroyed the kaiju would be back to itself and get more angry and even faster :O

One invasion i like to see is a bike invasion the kaiju would have an equivalent of a bike like the chosen bike. The kaiju could turn into the bike with electrical aura. Those who have no bike would go to a vehicle port to get one temp or be able to make a standard Mk-2 Reaper attack bike.

We then full speed go across the land and poew pew KApew POW put our nitros and fly over kaiju bikes i like to see it as a road rush meets open world battle zone once all is bye bye we can retrieve parts to make our bike more sexy and more POW more speeeed!

If my bases don't have MACHICOLATIIIOOOOONS, then I'll be very sad.

Give me murder-holes, guard towers, ample cover, all the good stuff. Doesn't gotta be all out, given a kaiju are living artillery and will break the walls, but it'd be fun. Something to use to take cover from Tsi-Hu while waiting for your omniframe to be dropped in.
Yesss but would micro kaiju's be able to get in hmm

Jun 26, 2018
Sneaky break in with 2 outcomes.

1. You hack the base successfully, opening entrances so allied troops can swarm in and take complete control over the base.

2. The hack is unsuccessful, leading to a big alarm going off and enemy troops running to your current location. Fight your way out or get crushed by new spawning foes. The base stays in the "alerted" state for several minutes to hours (depends on leaving the base alone or still wanting to stay and fight).