Weapon Suggestions for Em8er

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if you had an alien based weapon this is like a vitamin pill in a weapon you have normal firing so perhaps it just fires an energy beam that can make allies turn them into a living projectile and if they get in contact with the enemy a small energy siphon is given back to the weapon each time they hit a baddy.

The alt fire is a vitamin inside the weapon is used to supplement the weapons aoe potential but how do we get it. After some energy siphons the vitamin is made you can fire the vitamin at a allie this will help restore some health of an allie or yourself otherwise can use it to enhance the weapon.

The vitamins can change so you can have
- weapon eats vitamin to enhance weapon aoe potential
-vitamin health(instant)
-vitamin Health 2 (slow release)
- vitamin boost (tops up main stat e.g if tank it boost its highest stat e.g. health)
- Vitamin ZPWQ0987543 (a bad vitamin that makes enemies spaz out but becareful it can still damage just have involuntary controls)

energyshooter.jpg

Last edited:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I LOVED the poison cloud shot from FF Beta Recluse. Maybe a small specialty rocket fired from wrist/shoulder slot and explodes on impact into a poison cloud that kills as it slowly dissipates. Could be on a timer also as a special weapon.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
What if you had an alien based weapon this is like a vitamin pill in a weapon you have normal firing so perhaps it just fires an energy beam that can make allies turn them into a living projectile and if they get in contact with the enemy a small energy siphon is given back to the weapon each time they hit a baddy.

The alt fire is a vitamin inside the weapon is used to supplement the weapons aoe potential but how do we get it. After some energy siphons the vitamin is made you can fire the vitamin at a allie this will help restore some health of an allie or yourself otherwise can use it to enhance the weapon.

The vitamins can change so you can have
- weapon eats vitamin to enhance weapon aoe potential
-vitamin health(instant)
-vitamin Health 2 (slow release)
- vitamin boost (tops up main stat e.g if tank it boost its highest stat e.g. health)
- Vitamin ZPWQ0987543 (a bad vitamin that makes enemies spaz out but becareful it can still damage just have involuntary controls)

View attachment 3751
Michelangelo would be proud.

McSire

Jul 5, 2019
Chainguns/Light Machineguns/Heavy Machineguns. I've always loved being able to shoot a lot. Back in the Firefall days, the whole Dread types were my meat and potatoes. Hell, I would even be up for a duel minigun in both hands.

Oh, and per Firefall days, the laser machinegun was fun, but visually it needed something like a prism effect or something to show that it wasn't just a laser pointer that made a lot of noise.

Following that, lock-on missiles, micro missiles, and mini-nukes to get that Michael Bay feel. But please, stay away from the self-damage things. That just annoys people and can kill the desire to use something. (That goes for any weapon)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Chainguns/Light Machineguns/Heavy Machineguns. I've always loved being able to shoot a lot. Back in the Firefall days, the whole Dread types were my meat and potatoes. Hell, I would even be up for a duel minigun in both hands.

Oh, and per Firefall days, the laser machinegun was fun, but visually it needed something like a prism effect or something to show that it wasn't just a laser pointer that made a lot of noise.

Following that, lock-on missiles, micro missiles, and mini-nukes to get that Michael Bay feel. But please, stay away from the self-damage things. That just annoys people and can kill the desire to use something. (That goes for any weapon)
Sorry, but I think Gumdam bet you thay idea. See things like Gundam Heavyarms Custom.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Sorry, but I think Gumdam bet you thay idea. See things like Gundam Heavyarms Custom.
just imagine 4 chainguns x4 cactus using holographic cactus ammo.

Getting past areas because the scans in heavily guarded enemy bases reveal them as cactus who not listed as a threat.

1588936908520.png
Never did see bullet bill punch anything or grab i am guessing the arms just to steer bullet bill would be quite a big cactus

Maybe these holographic buillets better suited for slower rate of fire weapon and for explosives hmm

Aug 14, 2016
just imagine 4 chainguns x4 cactus using holographic cactus ammo.

Getting past areas because the scans in heavily guarded enemy bases reveal them as cactus who not listed as a threat.

View attachment 3775
Never did see bullet bill punch anything or grab i am guessing the arms just to steer bullet bill would be quite a big cactus

Maybe these holographic buillets better suited for slower rate of fire weapon and for explosives hmm
Not a threat you say? Tell that to people still picking needles out of their armor if they are not a threat.

The Cactuar in Final Fantasy games are cactus monster that can do an attack called "10000 needles" where it throws 10000 needles at enemies doing 10000 damage total. Here is an example of the attack.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Not a threat you say? Tell that to people still picking needles out of their armor if they are not a threat.

The Cactuar in Final Fantasy games are cactus monster that can do an attack called "10000 needles" where it throws 10000 needles at enemies doing 10000 damage total. Here is an example of the attack.
wow ok i guess that is dangerous :D :D

May 9, 2020
I'd love to see a variety of AoE explosive weapons, but I'd have to say a grenade launcher of sorts: Arc fire so you can fire over terrain/cover!

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Id like to add something else to this thread. I earlier posted about bringing over to Em8er some version of the FF Recluses poison cloud shot, maybe fired from a wrist/shoulder mounted missile launcher.
One of the main reasons I suggested this was to give some of us the option to build our Omniframe to a support role configuration. In this vein Id like to add the ability to heal other players/Omniframes.
Not sure how this would be accomplished in game? I know there are plans now for heal/repair stations but giving us the option to give small amounts of emergency healing in the heat of battle to fellow reapers would definatly expand our options on what type of Omniframe we cold build, ie For attack, defense, speed/melee, or a support role etc. etc.

Aug 14, 2016
Id like to add something else to this thread. I earlier posted about bringing over to Em8er some version of the FF Recluses poison cloud shot, maybe fired from a wrist/shoulder mounted missile launcher.
One of the main reasons I suggested this was to give some of us the option to build our Omniframe to a support role configuration. In this vein Id like to add the ability to heal other players/Omniframes.
Not sure how this would be accomplished in game? I know there are plans now for heal/repair stations but giving us the option to give small amounts of emergency healing in the heat of battle to fellow reapers would definatly expand our options on what type of Omniframe we cold build, ie For attack, defense, speed/melee, or a support role etc. etc.
There are a number of ways you can try to do this. One of them is like fast drying and hardening plastics and metals their you frame can spray onto other frames to fill in cracks and holes in the armor. It would be the same type of stuff that people are trying to make self repairing plastics and metals out of in real life.

Another way to do it is have like a small 3D printer on you mecha that can make cheap fast replacement parts for other mechs on the spot. But because is not make of the best quality material it is more of a patch work job than a full on repair. Sure you can just place a patch on wheel to keep you moving for while awhile, but it is not the same as replaces the wheel itself with better one.

Those are just 2 low cost fast ways to repair things to keep them running. But there are lots of other ways you can do it and to greater effect.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
There are a number of ways you can try to do this. One of them is like fast drying and hardening plastics and metals their you frame can spray onto other frames to fill in cracks and holes in the armor. It would be the same type of stuff that people are trying to make self repairing plastics and metals out of in real life.

Another way to do it is have like a small 3D printer on you mecha that can make cheap fast replacement parts for other mechs on the spot. But because is not make of the best quality material it is more of a patch work job than a full on repair. Sure you can just place a patch on wheel to keep you moving for while awhile, but it is not the same as replaces the wheel itself with better one.

Those are just 2 low cost fast ways to repair things to keep them running. But there are lots of other ways you can do it and to greater effect.
Those are great ideas, but seem to be more for when not in battle.. I was thinking like in FF I played Recluse and not only would I be fighting along side my squad mates i would also be keeping an eye on any of them getting critically low on life. I would then shoot them with the healing shot and insta-heal them and keep fighting.
Maybe a laser that heals metal while in combat?

Aug 14, 2016
Those are great ideas, but seem to be more for when not in battle.. I was thinking like in FF I played Recluse and not only would I be fighting along side my squad mates i would also be keeping an eye on any of them getting critically low on life. I would then shoot them with the healing shot and insta-heal them and keep fighting.
Maybe a laser that heals metal while in combat?
Hmm.. for the humans it is easy because we all have some idea of what could be in an injection or gas that could heal people. But for the mecha it is bit different. But no to different that it is outside the realm of possibility or realism. You just have to think in terms of metals and plastics acting more like biological structures than anything else. And this is not really that hard to do with some types of metals. Remember calcium is a type of metal that your body uses naturally to make you bones and teeth. And this also part of the reason why we can use titanium implants in the body and not have it be rejected, in fact the human body will fuse with metals like titanium because it doesn't see it as being much different from calcium.

With that in mind, you could use a gas full of particles that would find breaks in the metal just like your body would find breaks in your bone. These particles would then bind to that spot and start to pulled in metal particles that might also be in the gas or in the ground to fill in the damage. The mecha's A.I. could also be doing things like changing the electromagnetic field of that part better speed up and target the repair.

All this sounds odd. But it is something people are really thinking about trying to work on in real life as a way to repair things on space missions. As even a small crack or hole in your spaceship or base could mean life or death if it not fixed fast enough.