Weapon Suggestions for Em8er

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
With that in mind, you could use a gas full of particles that would find breaks in the metal just like your body would find breaks in your bone. These particles would then bind to that spot and start to pulled in metal particles that might also be in the gas or in the ground to fill in the damage. The mecha's A.I. could also be doing things like changing the electromagnetic field of that part better speed up and target the repair.
YES! I like this idea!

Aug 14, 2016
Speaking of snipers there are two main types that make sense kinetic and energy. Kinetic rounds are your normal bullets, although pushed to high enough they make an AOE when they hit things. It is same math you would use for things like meteors to see if they make a creator or not. The mass, shape, and speed of the round tells you if it'll make an AOE when it hits the target because how much kinetic energy it has on impact. In terms of energy guns the two that makes the most sense to use are lasers and charged particle beams, plasma is more of a close range weapon by it nature but the other two can hit things in other star systems or even galaxies if they starting energy levels was high enough.

I don't want to see plasma sniper rifles in the game, it just tells me that people who make up such weapons don't know how plasma works and why it is not a good idea for a sniper.

Jul 31, 2016
New Jersey
www.deviantart.com
Speaking of snipers there are two main types that make sense kinetic and energy. Kinetic rounds are your normal bullets, although pushed to high enough they make an AOE when they hit things. It is same math you would use for things like meteors to see if they make a creator or not. The mass, shape, and speed of the round tells you if it'll make an AOE when it hits the target because how much kinetic energy it has on impact. In terms of energy guns the two that makes the most sense to use are lasers and charged particle beams, plasma is more of a close range weapon by it nature but the other two can hit things in other star systems or even galaxies if they starting energy levels was high enough.

I don't want to see plasma sniper rifles in the game, it just tells me that people who make up such weapons don't know how plasma works and why it is not a good idea for a sniper.
for the representation of lasers in many other games, ive never been a fan of them on any weapon, they sound and look weak and boring. what would bring me in is something that sounds amazing and not "pew pew" maybe add some sci fi effect to the regular gunshot with some light effects.

but yet plasma sniper rifles and laser sniper rifles I will not accept as weapons that make sense nor need to be in a game.

Jul 31, 2016
New Jersey
www.deviantart.com
Here's an idea though, what about transforming weapons? Jayce_concept_1.jpg I don't play league so idk what this is from but something like this would be super cool to have on a mech.

How I imagine the whole thing working in Em-8er is the weapon is usually a "hammer in this instance", but there's an ultimate ability for the hammer. which gives it a boost in speed, power, and range, maybe? but then also transforms the hammer into a new type of weapon which allows you to fire it like a one time ultimate laser move for bosses. or maybe even strengthen the power of the hammer so it uses the jets on the back to hit a lot harder and do crits more often.

This could be used for guns as well, transforming them temporarily into stronger versions of themselves of different types of weapons. In Halo 4, the gun called the Bolt Shot could be used as a shotgun if the shoot button was held down. The pistol would slightly transform its shape to accommodate the action.
boltshot.jpg
regular Bolt Shot ☝
ANeN1.jpg
Shotgun mode Bolt Shot ☝

I'd love to see this feature in late game guns as a cool rewarding effect to pulling a power move on an enemy or in pvp.

Aug 14, 2016
for the representation of lasers in many other games, ive never been a fan of them on any weapon, they sound and look weak and boring. what would bring me in is something that sounds amazing and not "pew pew" maybe add some sci fi effect to the regular gunshot with some light effects.

but yet plasma sniper rifles and laser sniper rifles I will not accept as weapons that make sense nor need to be in a game.
Personally I don't like to use laser sniper rifles in game ether. I only listed them because of the fact the high powered lasers and charged particle beams are longest ranged weapons. Like I said you could hit an target inside of a different star system than one you are in and still be deadly.

But yea, I want to use charged particle weapons. They move slightly slower than lasers but they do have mass and can do unbelievable damage going by the type of particle you use. Like piercing holes through whole planets without slowing down kind of powerful.