Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

I quite enjoyed the story, game-play and music of DIVINITY II: EGO DRACONIS

So, when I saw the name Divinity: Original Sin, I thought it'll be a good sequel or prequel. Saw that it was turn-based. And dead on arrival, basically. Nope. Screw that. I put up with turn-based crap for X-COM and X-COM 2 (for the story and character customization) and it was unbearable.

But, I decided to give it another shot, purely for the story. So, I downloaded Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, spent half an hour with the character customization, even though the options are oddly limited (and I cannot have lean look for a male character, only absurdly thick arms and legs). I get dropped off on an....somewhere. I walk a little. Get to some ruins. Enter combat. The music is GREAT. I get a tip that with a dagger I can back-stab. Neat. I move my guy right behind an enemy, in the cone, as the game suggest, don't have any more action points. Fair enough. I order my mage to attack, which she does, with her staff, as apparently any spells shown at the character creation probably come later. Whatever. She stand in front of skeleton. Swings. And what do you know, MISS-es. *sigh* Okay. No problem. The biggest enemy I previously positioned myself behind, now, faces towards me. Uh-oh. So much for back-stabbing. Then all three enemies MISS, as well. Good. I reposition myself, moving only a mere 3 meter or so, as it is shown. Click attack...and...not AP left for a back-stabbing attack, again. Aaaaaaaaand...

QUIT GAME

UNINSTALL

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
SLAYING FUNNY BEAST IN DAUNTLESS.
HURRAY TO NO MORE QUEUE SH*T.
ANY HERE PLAYS DAUNTLESS, THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE I MIGHT START A GUILD FOR US HOMELESS N00BS.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
WARFRAME

I forgot how funny this little ORDIS "guy" was. LOL His lines are hilarious.
when i hear this ordis it reminds how cool em8er would be with different A.I personalities
some may be goofy and others more sarcastic, or even serious thankfully ordis doesn't sing but if he did
i wonder what he would sing hmm

Also like the music player they have to play the tunes you can collect fragments to play the em8er tracks in your spaceship
still havern;t got a fish for the fish tank it would be better with a octopus!

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Also like the music player they have to play the tunes you can collect fragments to play the em8er tracks in your spaceship
still havern;t got a fish for the fish tank it would be better with a octopus!
I'm not sure how it would work or if it would be possible but, when I read this I was thinking ... Oooh, YEAH! What about having some mix tapes and a tape player hidden in different locations around the map that Reapers discover like the one Peter Quill has? it would be a nod to a cool movie franchise, some great 80s tracks, and a memorable game; especially if you're able to put the "Piña Colada" song in there. Anyone remember "surfing" on a surf board to that song? ;)

Another thought just occurred to me, the mix tapes and player could be how lore is shared in-game too . . . :D

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'm not sure how it would work or if it would be possible but, when I read this I was thinking ... Oooh, YEAH! What about having some mix tapes and a tape player hidden in different locations around the map that Reapers discover like the one Peter Quill has? it would be a nod to a cool movie franchise, some great 80s tracks, and a memorable game; especially if you're able to put the "Piña Colada" song in there. Anyone remember "surfing" on a surf board to that song? ;)

Another thought just occurred to me, the mix tapes and player could be how lore is shared in-game too . . . :D

8 FOR EM-8ER:cool::cool::cool:
Its also in mgs phantom pain where you can find the hidden tapes, i really like your idea of how lore shared in game
through the music track offical em8er tunes and those 80s/70s or whatever tunes and with it a file so you can read the file like in doom where you have something to read and have music too maybe its too much but i like those things.

For example in warframe in the spaceship can play the tunes that have collected so could imagine each having a living quarters with a computer that plays tunes and stores your collected files when you just want to go back relax and re-read anything missed or listen to a tune
that could have a clue to one of the file message perhaps! ... or just have a room party :D

I imagine this tune when your com-link alerts and are needed you then skim away

then this tune for all those recons who love their bows!

& this is for when all mechs start stomping in sync

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I still enjoy skyforge from time to time. I was in on pre-launch so I still get loads of free premium play tokens. Very aesthetically pleasing game across the board. Grindy, yes, but fun with a friend or two. Paladin for me (I know I know shock and awe at me playing a tank).

Divinity Original Sin (both versions) are hella awesome when playing with another friend. Ways to reset things with saves made gearing up a lot easier. And I don't mean the cheating way. Very good story. Does take patience at times. A "save often" game for sure.

I miss playing Borderlands with people. Pistol spec in the first one all the way.

I'm still farting away what little game time I get to Rebel Galaxy and Creativerse. So I have a major neeeeeeeed for Em-8ER.....

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'm still farting away what little game time I get to Rebel Galaxy and Creativerse. So I have a major neeeeeeeed for Em-8ER.....
Will all be farting full force when em8er arrives

This is how i imagine the haters looking unable to do much!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Kind of like BFG, I haven't seen it even thoughI have a toddler, but I know in some of my older gaming days I have sure used it a lot.

There's also my mechanic friend back in Florida who used a BFH when he got angry about something in the shop....fixes everything.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Kind of like BFG, I haven't seen it even thoughI have a toddler, but I know in some of my older gaming days I have sure used it a lot.

There's also my mechanic friend back in Florida who used a BFH when he got angry about something in the shop....fixes everything.

Mar 1, 2017
I played Skyforge for a while, but good a bit fed-up with the endless scaling. I mean where would it end. Too grindy. The graphics could make for some good-looking characters, though.
You have a point about the grindiness, which is why I have drifted a bit away from the core game and play more with the pretty characters these days. Building up a collection of pictures now with the photo mode, here is one of me and my character playing with a flying mount (showing off time ;))
Rocket Girl 13.jpg
Rocket Girl over Aelion​

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Finished Hollow Knight a couple of months back, fantastic game but can get quite frustrating with some of the bosses. Ori and the Blind Forest is another good platformer but again can get quite frustrating on the controls .