UPDATE - Character Artist Warren Louw Joins EM-8ER Team

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Sep 21, 2016.

1. lykosfx

lykosfx New Member

Oi!

Sim, eu já conhecia.

Na verdade, acredito que todos que buscam inspiração em DevianArt, já devem ter feito uma visita na galeria de imagens de Warren Louw.

Pelas minhas observações, o estilo apresentado pelo Warren Louw, não se parece com os estilos apresentados pelos desenvolvedores de Firefall e nem pelos desenvolvedores de Ember (até o momento). Por esse motivo fiquei curioso para ver como será esse novo estilo para os personagens de Ember.

De qualquer forma, parabéns a Crixa pela escolha do ilustrador e Warren Louw por aceitar a ajudar os desenvolvedores de Ember.

Obrigado por sua atenção.
    Abraços.

Hi!

Yes, I already knew.

In fact, I believe that all who seek inspiration in DeviantArt, have already made a visit in Warren Louw image gallery.

By my observations, the style presented by Warren Louw, not like the styles presented by the developers of Firefall and not by the developers of Ember (until the moment). For this reason I was curious to see how will this new style for the characters of Ember.

Anyway, congratulations to Crixa by choosing Illustrator and Warren Louw to accept the help developers of Ember.

Thanks for your attention.
    Hugs.

2. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

The art style will be interesting. We will attempt blending photorealistic armor with stylized bodies, faces and skin shaders/hair.

Won't know fully if it will work until we try it. But Appleseed: Deus Ex Machina shows it might be possible.

3. Mahdi

Mahdi Firstclaimer

[QUOTE="Grummz, post:
    Won't know fully if it will work until we try it. But Appleseed: Deus Ex Machina shows it might be possible.[/QUOTE]

Yo Grummz, is it too late to call you a tease? Because....ya.....

NitroMidgets and Ronyn like this.
  4. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna Kaiju Slayer

This is going to be good! : D

KekicaHifR3 and NitroMidgets like this.
  5. Maven

Maven Boss Boss Max Kahuna

Awesome artwork. A match made in heaven, shall we say :p

@Ronyn , this statement in the blog post:

'Character modeling and customization in a future EM-8ER playable mockup funding goal, but we’ve used some of the extra funds to start this process early.'

kinda looks odd. Seems there's a word or two missing in the first part.

NitroMidgets likes this.
  6. Astro

Astro Gatestrider - Reaper Leader Omni Ace

I think "in" should be "is".

7. Daynen

Daynen Active Member

Hooooolyyyyy crap, you got HIM?! Duuuuuuuuude, how did you manage THAT sorcery!?

Things are about to get INTENSE around here...

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Scout

welcome Warren~~ Can't wait to see your art :)

9. avalon1k

avalon1k Emberite

Welcome to the team Warren! Nice artwork...

Mahdi likes this.
  10. HighCaliber

HighCaliber Member

More half naked chicks huh. It's not original but it works. :p Welcome to the team Warren.

11. DARKB1KE

DARKB1KE Well-Known Member

Wow, that character with the grenade and hat, I've seen it copied and edited so many times on the internet. Definitely the sexy eyes.

12. Aphaz

Aphaz Deepscanner

wellcome Louw!
    :D

13. 13umbleBee

13umbleBee Emberite

Love the art direction Ember is taking.

what else can I say...

bring it!

13B

14. NitroMidgets

NitroMidgets Tsi-Hu Hunter

I won't pretend (unless we're going there right now and we need to agree on a safe word) but I have no idea who that person is.
    That isn't anything bad. I am horrible with names and my mind is riddled with all sorts of strange things that are not appropriate unless you are a priest or my lawyer.
    I will simply pretend that Mark hired Leeroy Jenkins and show the corresponding level of excitement.

Mahdi likes this.
  15. yapushkin

yapushkin Member

Leeroy was hired to work on Firefall and look whats happened :(

16. NitroMidgets

NitroMidgets Tsi-Hu Hunter

Famous or infamous, there really isn't that much difference anymore. I did say the corresponding level of excitement which can also mean deep seeded hate depending on the situation. I mean I have told at least one developer to choke to death on a bag of rubber dicks in the past.