Suggestion thread for items in the cosmetic shop in EM-8ER

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I think the biggest thing for the shop should be new animations, voice packs, and unique clothing/frame designs (not just coloring).

Animations can either be single (death animation, reload animation etc) or bundled into packs for a small discount.
I assume that the default game will come with a few voice options for each gender but later on new voices can be added for a reasonable fee as well as smaller packs for existing voices that extend the range of comments to various scenarios.

Voice Pack Default
-Voice Pack Default Sarcastic (5 bucks)
-Voice Pack Default Humorous (3 bucks)
Voice Pack 2 (15 bucks)
-Voice Pack 2 Sarcastic (5 bucks)
-Voice Pack 2 Humorous (3 bucks)

etc.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Talking about animations. *This is me joking* What about animations that only females can do and animations that only males can do.
For example females can reload guns using their breasts kind of like how that do in this anime.

And for males firing guns from the hip like this guy.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
While randomly saying stuff on twitter about loot boxes. My mind wondered to the WoW trading card game, the thing why they were fun and great was becouse you could trade or give the code to someone else and they could use it. (Especially if you already had it. Especially if there isn't a gift to a friend/random stranger option or anything like that.)
So if there was a tracer ammo loot box of sorts, it could give a certain amount of diffrent color option tradeble cards with the code. (Could work with skins and other minor stuff like that, that couldn't be sold in the auction house or anything like that just person to person trade. Hehe or party swap meet x) )
Might be a stupid random idea from top of my head but anyway.

Animated taunts where you slam the banner of your guild clan what ever to the skull of the big-ass Kai-ju alone or alongside your friends like the Iwo Jima. Or just the classic taunts used by X-pac, Undertaker, Kane and Triple H.
maxresdefault.jpg
(Imagine this but with Omniframes)

Yes i have a bad habit of collecting things, most of all memories.
1829662122.jpg

Last edited:

Huntrkill3r

Firstclaimer
May 25, 2017
In some corn-infested hellhole
To be perfectly fair.... the Infinite Justice isn't supposed to be pink, the image or the mold of the plastic just makes it look that way
Buuuut as for cosmetics? I'd be down for some Mobile Suit Gundam inspired stuff, a mech head with a mono-eye thats vaugly reminicint of a ZAKU 2 crossed with a WW1 German baden helmet (The one with a spike) or a nod to like Mobile Fighter G Gundam, or even like the Strike Gundam where you summon a hoverboard to get into your omniframe, or the omniframe assembles itself in parts like Voltron, some goofy things like that would be absolutely fun and awesome

Ars Nova

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 28, 2016
I have to say. Unequivocally.
NO BOOSTERS.
Progress must be earned.
Not bought.
I don't care how it's done.
Boosters that increase any kind of progress, are heresy. They ruin games to me.

Although, one thing I could condone is a horde beacon, that spawns a crap tonne of Tsihu and Kaiju, that drop no loot or XP.
These beacons would be for the sole purpose of epic battles. But not for any kind of reward. Maybe achievements though, like "survived 5 simultaneous Kaiju with 0 deaths".

Aug 14, 2016
When my human character is in a healing pod because I need to respawn or I'm just making changes to how the it looks. It would be funny to see this as part of the UI and the loading screen. You can see the cells in your body being repaired or changed.

Aug 14, 2016
What about voice packs where it is like the characters actually know what the others have said and can react in the right way? So it sounds like they are talking with each other rather and at each other. Also this would tie in to want I really want, the ability to have characters sing and dance with each other as a group. :p

*Showing my age a bit.*
When someone asks me to join their team I some say things like "You have my axe."
G4TV - Portal - You Have My Axe

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
THAT GUY KNOWS WHAT'S UP.

Only problem i had was the music choice

Im more of a Armchair-A-Geddon kinda guy though. Sofa is nice for co-op stuff though.
4528a40f6821912b9ba9506375b32931078dd257.jpg

Had to couldn't resist.

But if we are speaking of cosmetic stuff, i wouldn't mind seeing a fishing chair and really corny looking fisherman's hat incombonation with fishing jokes. Like "So your practicing for the Em-8er "Rapala pro fishing" tournament instead of whacking wabbits?" or something like that maybe better or worse.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Frame attachments, like little shield plates, or packs of ammo or stuff that can be stuck onto various parts of the frame and characters.

Also some things kind of liky syandanas from Warframe. Having some cool cables that look like they plug into the back of the frame and were torn out of some charging station dangling around flipping about as you leap around would be cool, or perhaps have chains wrapped around limbs/torso dangling and flowing with your movements.
Or maybe some plant bits/vines like your frame just walked through a swamp or forest area or something (once we start having zones with actual plant life).

Then there's pets. A little floating scanner bot that follows you around and then goes and takes pictures of enemy corpses after you kill them or something. Or one that carries a keg of bear under it that if you go idle your frame can grab off of it and start chugging. Or it could have a holo screen it pops out under it and the frame/players grab controllers from it and start playing games. Most of the time you start doing emotes or things to show people like that is when you are waiting in town and otherwise not doing much till something/someone happens, so good things to happen while afk or waiting can be good.

Animations are also an obvious one. A variety of dance ones, special poses you can strike, interesting/creative taunts, lots of things to do here. Also could get ones for the THMPR. For example... THMPR pulls out chess board/table/stool and sits down and starts a match, it proffers for the player to play. If player hits E/interacts they move a chess piece and then the THMPR does back and forth (possible random winner/progress on board). Or you can shoot it and then the THMPR looks sadly at the board while emoting its hand towards it like "why would you do that?"
Another one is to make it use its drill and draw on the ground, something like a smiley face, a pony, a reference to a famous historical panting, something from Firefall as an easteregg, whatever. It's got a drill, let it use it.
Or it could start reving its drill, but do it to a pattern like its starting to try and make music or something. And if you don't interupt it could end up being an entire little piece and the THMPR starts really getting into it.

Nov 3, 2017
Australia
Then there's pets. A little floating scanner bot that follows you around and then goes and takes pictures of enemy corpses after you kill them or something. Or one that carries a keg of bear under it that if you go idle your frame can grab off of it and start chugging.
This right here shows how badass your character can be in Em-8er. Long day of saving the outposts over?

sit back and chug a bear.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
I suggest to keep it somewhat... sane. And don't turn it into Warframe's "peacock parade".

While i understand what people want to fulfill their power fantasies and shit i also don't want it to turn like Planetside 2, (was mentioned earlier), which was supposed to be a serious game about tactical warfare, and then you have stuff like this running around in droves (<-keyword).

tl:dl: Don't be too silly, and keep it to the setting.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
This is gona be abit of a off topic rant.//
I suggest to keep it somewhat... sane. And don't turn it into Warframe's "peacock parade".

While i understand what people want to fulfill their power fantasies and shit i also don't want it to turn like Planetside 2, (was mentioned earlier), which was supposed to be a serious game about tactical warfare, and then you have stuff like this running around in droves (<-keyword).

tl:dl: Don't be too silly, and keep it to the setting.
I find that kinda contradicting, i mean i don't see that stuff being excatly over the top. (But then again when you have seen army of naked pink haired gnomes running around with foam swords trying to charge in to a orc stronghold. Everything else seems sane by comparison)

I do mostly believe that stuff happens when people are getting annoyed of the seriousness and utterly bored with the game, while at the same time trying to reinforce their love to the game or find that spark that made them like the game in the first place. Without a option to let off that steam so to speak the game will become it's own steam boiler, more you play more frustrated you get and well "goose is cooked" and the final dinner bell ring.
(Then there is the unmentionable harrasser types who do that crap just to get a rise out of you as they think the game is dead to them for some unknown multiple choice reason. )

985221202.jpg
(This is kinda harmless, especially when you can be like:"I know who's gona be face down in the dirt first!" and if their actually good:"Oh! They want people to see him being good in midst of this grey boring mass of people.")

While i do like to point out that steam letting or relaxing should have a designated place with-in the game itself, so it doesn't spill out so to speak in to the area where people wanna be serious in. (Like a in-game bar lounge with random silly arcade games with a jukebox. Something like that should calm the "droves" abit at least)

What i would also like to point out that personal flare and to say it politely "over stylizing" your character shouldn't be considered insane as it tends to be a form of personal expression and pure matter of taste or lack of it. (With a hint of:"Look at me dammit!" or "Gief me attention!" syndrome if you want to consider it in a negative way that is. But that kinda thinking goes away when you meet someone who actually likes mixing diffrent types of armor pieces to form something that looks amazing and fits to the setting. The attention seeking can be the stage one for that in a way.)
Also i don't recall there being any mention of Reapers having a tight military dress-up code either, as their pretty much a rag tag team of people with no home to call their own. So the setting is pretty wide open in that regard isn't it? Like part of them being traders, explorers and i do believe pirates were mentioned aswell with only some portion of them actually having military background with bunch of mercs? So again the setting seems to be open to for expressing oneself to a point where game development takes it i suppose. If im not completly in the wrong there.

Seriousness should be kept outside games, world is serious enough as it is. Let people escape it for at least one after-noon so they can live in peace the next day or at least not kill every person in their way screaming:"Why so serious?" and yes i had to go there. x)

//Im gona end the rant here before i go over the top.

I do hope there will be a cosmetic choice to make your omniframe look really beaten down and almost like a prototype version. Or just a cosmetics bag that has like dents and scratch marks, dirt, dried up blood stains, there could be stickers and taping options too. But i mostly wanna make the frame look like it went to hell and back while suggesting it would do it again in a heartbeat, give it real attidute adjustment.