There is going to be a point some have or arriving to a cross road to either
- Move on and save their money on what they need.
- Continue on and support for good things come to those who wait to a certain point!
- Support another project
Life is kind of a pain with things such as
- Cost of living (E.g Bills and Food cost etc it's annoying that cost go up)
- Health / Mental health issues / injuries (This is tricky one as we do not know what people are going through day in day out some even have long term issues such as chronic pain etc)
- Family commitments (Family is number 1 well even if they are a pain in the butt sometimes )
- Work balance (Sometimes it is tricky to get that right when work piles up)
- Earning enough (E.g. In the process of leaving my job for a better pay and development of my chosen career)
- Right support (E.g. in my work place i am having to do 2 peoples work because they are not trained and its a stop gap until they are)
Anyways i am keeping optimistic for both projects but i do think Em8er can pull out a magic rabbit out of a hat!
Until then i am closely looking on and evaluating my options as time ticks and tocks, for when my crossroad approaches hmm
You can join their Discord or add their updates channel to your personal server. They teased some renders of turrets and possibly pick-ups in Jan. In Feb, it looks like they are working on a Culex-like enemy.
I've complained about slow development of Em-8ER in enough threads, as have others. Respark looks interesting. The team is really nice too.
Usually I don't complain, but I understand you in that regard, sometimes we feel that the project is not advancing and maybe fear that the money we already put on it will end up being wasted.
And when a project like Respark comes along, it's hard not to compare the evolution, or try to draw conclusions about the dedication of the team. But the development of any new product is very difficult and needs money, and we need to understand that there is no clear path or exact recipe on how to create a successful game. The best we can do is trust the team and hope that it all goes well.