Respark, "MMORPG Spiritual Successor to Firefall"

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I really hope it succeeds, because from the videos you can see that they really try to make an experience as similar to Firefall as possible.
Em8er & Respark are still in early stage and have great potential to be super games eventually!
Also i am curious to hear more music from both in Em8er and Respark.

Mar 24, 2019
Em8er & Respark are still in early stage and have great potential to be super games eventually!
Em8er has been in-dev for over 6 years and respark is looking like a better game. Em8er is just milking cash at this point now. With constant skin sales for in-game items that don't exist yet.

I can't say I'm surprised that the fan community is more dedicated to making a more faithful recreation of their favorite game instead of trying to milk it for as much money as they can.

When I first joined em8er I was pretty into it, but as time goes on I'm starting to drift away and forget about em8er. This started out pretty neat and it's turning into a joke.

I'd love for em8er to prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Em8er has been in-dev for over 6 years and respark is looking like a better game. Em8er is just milking cash at this point now. With constant skin sales for in-game items that don't exist yet.

I can't say I'm surprised that the fan community is more dedicated to making a more faithful recreation of their favorite game instead of trying to milk it for as much money as they can.

When I first joined em8er I was pretty into it, but as time goes on I'm starting to drift away and forget about em8er. This started out pretty neat and it's turning into a joke.

I'd love for em8er to prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
There is going to be a point some have or arriving to a cross road to either

- Move on and save their money on what they need.
- Continue on and support for good things come to those who wait to a certain point!
- Support another project

Life is kind of a pain with things such as
- Cost of living (E.g Bills and Food cost etc it's annoying that cost go up)
- Health / Mental health issues / injuries (This is tricky one as we do not know what people are going through day in day out some even have long term issues such as chronic pain etc)
- Family commitments (Family is number 1 well even if they are a pain in the butt sometimes :D)
- Work balance (Sometimes it is tricky to get that right when work piles up)
- Earning enough (E.g. In the process of leaving my job for a better pay and development of my chosen career)
- Right support (E.g. in my work place i am having to do 2 peoples work because they are not trained and its a stop gap until they are)

Anyways i am keeping optimistic for both projects but i do think Em8er can pull out a magic rabbit out of a hat!

Until then i am closely looking on and evaluating my options as time ticks and tocks, for when my crossroad approaches hmm

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
You can join their Discord or add their updates channel to your personal server. They teased some renders of turrets and possibly pick-ups in Jan. In Feb, it looks like they are working on a Culex-like enemy.

I've complained about slow development of Em-8ER in enough threads, as have others. Respark looks interesting. The team is really nice too.

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
I've complained about slow development of Em-8ER in enough threads, as have others. Respark looks interesting. The team is really nice too.
Usually I don't complain, but I understand you in that regard, sometimes we feel that the project is not advancing and maybe fear that the money we already put on it will end up being wasted.

And when a project like Respark comes along, it's hard not to compare the evolution, or try to draw conclusions about the dedication of the team. But the development of any new product is very difficult and needs money, and we need to understand that there is no clear path or exact recipe on how to create a successful game. The best we can do is trust the team and hope that it all goes well.