Pilot Abduction, Tsi-Hu Using Frames and Tsi-Hu/Human Hybrids

Spitball!

Not necessarily relating to my recent post about a corruption mechanic, the Tsi-hu could, eventually, start stealing our tech, either turning the pilots into mindless husks or placing their own soldiers inside the omni-frames (which could have bio-metric locks in their systems, so they could only be piloted by one specific person...and their relatives, maybe), which they would hack, either through genetically modifying their own soldiers or just through cyber-warfare (but the former could lead to Human-Tsi-hu hybrids - an eventual third or forth faction - and whether or not these hybrids could shapeshift into more bestial forms is another matter).

Point being, we would eventually encounter Tsi-hu-controlled omni-frames, as if already existing rogue human-factions/bandits/raiders/scavengers...etc. with their frames weren't enough.

This could be, like, a proper anime (or CG series, like the old Starship Troopers). Spanning several seasons before we'd even be introduced to the hybrids. They would hate both humans and the Tsi-hu. Upon their first encounter with Reapers, the latter would believe they won the fight by destroying the frames the hybrids use, only to have them leap out of the burning wrecks in their bestial forms, making the Reapers either literally or just metaphorically shit their jumpsuits. But, there would be hybrids who wouldn't be enemies. A bit of a cliche to eventually find allies or just sympathetic members in an otherwise hostile faction, but it would enrich the narrative.

So totally not thinking of how the females would look like. Nope. Never crossed my mind. Also, totally wasn't thinking of Devil Triggers, Titans or, say the Galra and Galra-Human Hybrids from the new Voltron series. Acxa. Or Keith's mom, Krolia. Fufufu. HOT!

But, no. Totally wasn't thinking about any of that. I also have no idea what hentai is, either.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Perhaps they are confused about us since we're more tech (Omniframe) than flesh (Reaper) and not as interwoven as they are? If there ends up being some sort of Tsi-Hu Omniframe Hybrid, then let it be after many more Tsi-Hu and Kaiju antagonists have been added to Em-8ER.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Great idea!

TECH

They could take our tech and frames and incorporate that into their 'tech form' so we see some of our own weaponry coming back at us but with a Tsi-Hu tweak.

Let's steal an entire fame to study it, but dang it, we don't fit! Let's scrape off this leg or this shoulder cannon and integrate it to our tech!

Maybe we see them running with omniframe legs, but the rest is the same...

ORGANIC

HOLY ALIEN PROBES BATMAN! Tsi-Hu capture a human and abustively deconstruct them to harvest limbs or some of the giant hands we seem to have on our avatars! Maybe our giant hands are actually tiny little hands relative to Tsi-Hu hands, and they graft our hands onto some appendages so that they can manipulate our own weapons.

A Tsi-Hu beast with 6 stolen human arms each wielding a human sub-machine gun! 6 gun Tsi-Hu.

As they are more advanced than we are, it makes sense that they can steal our body parts and repurpose them as well as our tech.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Imagine the tsi-hu in a pack form mentality they would target the lone or vulnerable pilot(s) for abduction especially at night and when storm hits for the element of surprise.

Perhaps you are at greater risk of abduction when you have something valuable they need or that your mech smells of delicious high tech goodness. Then again might be clumsy setting off a trap alerting them to your presence.

This makes me think of avatar types
Could we look like a cyborg, mutant, etc than just human?

Dec 15, 2016
>title has “tsi-hu/human hybrids”

Not necessarily relating to my recent post about a corruption mechanic, the Tsi-hu could, eventually, start stealing our tech, either turning the pilots into mindless husks or placing their own soldiers inside the omni-frames (which could have bio-metric locks in their systems, so they could only be piloted by one specific person...and their relatives, maybe), which they would hack, either through genetically modifying their own soldiers or just through cyber-warfare (but the former could lead to Human-Tsi-hu hybrids - an eventual third or forth faction - and whether or not these hybrids could shapeshift into more bestial forms is another matter).

Point being, we would eventually encounter Tsi-hu-controlled omni-frames, as if already existing rogue human-factions/bandits/raiders/scavengers...etc. with their frames weren't enough.
If that’s the case, then we can eventually start stealing their tech and modifying it to our advantage. Who wants a fluffy Cat 5 for their home?

Another thing about the 3rd/Nth factions is that bandits/scavengers (assuming they’re not tsi-hu bandits/scavengers) need a terraforming device we use for our own. A terraforming project lasts for weeks to complete so it shouldn’t be a problem looking for one that is not we know of.

So totally not thinking of how the females would look like. Nope. Never crossed my mind. Also, totally wasn't thinking of Devil Triggers, Titans or, say the Galra and Galra-Human Hybrids from the new Voltron series. Acxa. Or Keith's mom, Krolia. Fufufu. HOT!

But, no. Totally wasn't thinking about any of that. I also have no idea what hentai is, either.
The denial is strong with this one. :D

Jul 26, 2016
oh. PILOT abduction.

I thought the title of this thread was PLOT abduction.

The subject of this thread was confusing me with what I thought the title of this thread was.

Imagine the tsi-hu in a pack form mentality they would target the lone or vulnerable pilot(s) for abduction especially at night and when storm hits for the element of surprise.

Perhaps you are at greater risk of abduction when you have something valuable they need or that your mech smells of delicious high tech goodness. Then again might be clumsy setting off a trap alerting them to your presence.

This makes me think of avatar types
Could we look like a cyborg, mutant, etc than just human?
Actually, I didn't mean they would abduct players, but NPCs, as part of a narrative and we, the players, would get told to investigate. And that would lead to the unveiling of the existence of the hybrids. But, that would come later in the game's story.

Aug 14, 2016
What about a mission for those times you are downed and other players can't get to you in time. Rather then you bleeding out and dying what if you just go unconscious because of your injures and/or lack of blood. This is where the enemy capture you rather than kill you. Going by who or what captured you to might be wake up inside a mission where you have to save yourself by escaping.

1) Wake up naked (or close enough the game would allow) inside a Tsi-Hu medical lab where they healed you just enough to try and learn how your body works.

2) Wake up in a jail cell inside a Tsi-Hu military base.

3) Wake up in a Tsi-Hu POW camp.

4) Wake inside a transport vehicle to a unknown location.

5) Wake inside some animal nest because we was found not by the Tsi-Hu but by one of the wild animals on the planet. Going by what type of animal it is, it might try to eat you or try to protect you. There are lots of cases in real life where wild animals recuse humans and try to heal them, and in cases of small children being cared for and raised by them.

In each case out side of the one where you are found by wild animals, the Tsi-Hu will likely take away your weapons and maybe even your mecha. So after escaping the room you wake up in, you would have to find things like weapons and stuff to get out. You might be able to find your gear somewhere if you look for it. But if your mecha is to badly damaged to be used you might have to destroy it your self to keep the Tsi-Hu from learning anything else about it. Ether way you still need to find a way to escape and find some friendly humans to help you. For everyone outside of the transport vehicle you can try to map out the location of the base, lab, or POW camp so HQ can plan an assault on the place later.

There are a few games I've played that did things like this. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Warframe when players are captured by the Zanuka hunter. They wake up in solo mission with all their weapons, gear, and abilities gone. So the mission is to recover your stuff and escape the base/lab.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Actually, I didn't mean they would abduct players, but NPCs, as part of a narrative and we, the players, would get told to investigate. And that would lead to the unveiling of the existence of the hybrids. But, that would come later in the game's story.
ooh i was thinking of alien abductions i mean if i was the enemy would want to study or use them as bait!

then i saw this and thought aah they could turn innocent npc not saved into freaky mutants like how venom is i think i am dreaming again but i like it :D

ooh i was thinking of alien abductions i mean if i was the enemy would want to study or use them as bait!

then i saw this and thought aah they could turn innocent npc not saved into freaky mutants like how venom is i think i am dreaming again but i like it :D
Venom briefly crossed my mind, as well. Stabbing tentacle attacks and all. :)

Aug 14, 2016

If I remember right both that symbiotes that make up Venom and and Carnage are female. Venom being Carnage's mother and Toxin's grandmother. Toxin being the son of Carnage. I have not read any of the comics in like 20 years so that might have changed now a days, I wouldn't know.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Let's turn this on it's head.

Pilot abduction? How about "Capture a Tsi-Hu or Kaiju", rather than just take them down or end an invasion. Something that can't be cheesed.

A rare community wide event that might help unlock possible access to new areas or tech. The lore, storyline, and gameplay possibilites are enticing.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
not a fan of this:
forced stealth. not what we're here for.​
potentially takes the player away from friends. even if it happens at the end of an encounter, it's still annoying.​
if it's not mandatory, why do it?​
makes the enemies seem stupid. if you're high-tech and amoral and you want to hold a human captive, that human stays captive without outside help. talking medically induced coma or just maiming.​

three ideas for solving gameplay-problems:
this is tied to a special optional event. you choose to engage with Tsi-hu that specifically do this, and if you lose they capture everyone who participated. you may get captured deliberately.​
or​
you're replicated after getting captured (or you play someone else in the meantime). you can choose when you want break out the captured, and you don't have to.​
or​
you have a chance to refuse and just respawn instead.​
Idea for reason:
there's some opportunity for profit you have because you're captured. for example, captured players are taken to somewhere hidden. they can try to get out, but sometimes that's not an option and they need to activate a beacon instead so other players can save them. in either case, there's a bounty for revealing the location and the opportunity to steal intact Tsi-Hu tech and captured omniframes.​
two ideas for solving stupid:
you save captured characters as someone else, rather than playing as them. can still be stealth.​
or​
the captured characters explicitly have help. for example whatever is supposed to be imprisoning them is hacked, either by someone outside or by implants they have because they were supposed to get captured.​

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
THIS IDEA IS SO RIDICULOUS, IT BECOMES AN HIGH END GAME CONTENT.

WE GONNA REACH A POINT WHERE WE ARE ACQUAINTED TO THE GAME. CONQUERING AND TERRAFORMING FASTER THAN INTENDED.
SO THE DEV ARE "FORCED" TO F*CK US THE HARD WAY.

RABBITS AND THEIR PILE-OF-SH*T AIN'T ENOUGH TO STOP US, BECAUSE WE ARE SO DAMN HARDCORE WITH OUR FRAMES AND TECH
THE RABBITS START STEALING OUR DEAD SWAG BOD AND DE-SWAGGED FRAME TO MAKE AN HYBRID NON SWAG-Y BULLSH*T, LIKE WTF IS THIS? NECROMANCY?
THE MORE REASON TO BURN THEM DOWN.

THE MORE WE DIE IN BATTLE, THE MORE HYBRID THEIR GONNA MAKE.
AS IF THOSE MUTATED RABBIT GETTING STRONGER BY EATING US IS NOT ENOUGH.

not a fan of this:
potentially takes the player away from friends. even if it happens at the end of an encounter, it's still annoying.​
makes the enemies seem stupid. if you're high-tech and amoral and you want to hold a human captive, that human stays captive without outside help. talking medically induced coma or just maiming.​

Yeah, forcing a player into that situation may not be conducive for an enjoyable gaming experience. But, if not escape missions (solo or otherwise), then we should definitely get (either periodically or as story-development) smaller or larger rescue missions, where we'd need to storm an enemy stronghold/search facility/biotech lab and liberate captives, some of who would already turn on us, having lost their own will, or there could be sleeper agents among them, who would be activated/taken full control of to try and take over our outposts and bases...etc. that could become other missions (either in the story or optional "deal with the situation" types).

Also, there could be different layers to such assaults on enemy strongholds (not just rescue missions), where every could play their own role, whether it be stealth, siege or support. Heavier frames could be bombarding the defenses and breaking down the walls, while support classes would keep them repaired and buffed with abilities, as stealthier frames from infiltrate through the cracks and start taking the enemy down from the inside.

Aug 14, 2016
not a fan of this:

three ideas for solving gameplay-problems:
this is tied to a special optional event. you choose to engage with Tsi-hu that specifically do this, and if you lose they capture everyone who participated. you may get captured deliberately.​
or​
you're replicated after getting captured (or you play someone else in the meantime). you can choose when you want break out the captured, and you don't have to.​
or​
you have a chance to refuse and just respawn instead.​
Idea for reason:
there's some opportunity for profit you have because you're captured. for example, captured players are taken to somewhere hidden. they can try to get out, but sometimes that's not an option and they need to activate a beacon instead so other players can save them. in either case, there's a bounty for revealing the location and the opportunity to steal intact Tsi-Hu tech and captured omniframes.​
two ideas for solving stupid:
you save captured characters as someone else, rather than playing as them. can still be stealth.​
or​
the captured characters explicitly have help. for example whatever is supposed to be imprisoning them is hacked, either by someone outside or by implants they have because they were supposed to get captured.​
It is understandable about that some people might not like stealth, but are there some people who do. Hell, the only reason I started playing FireFall in the first place was because of the Nighthawk and how you could use stealth both for defense and offense. Even in games like Armored Core I often make one stealth mecha. You can't turn invisible in Armored Core games but you can use things radar jammers, decoys, EMPs, and other things to scramble, confuse, or shutdown the systems and weapons of your enemies. For people like me stealth is not a playing style it is a way of life, because we enjoy out thinking enemies more than just over powering them. I'm the same type of person who in RPGs will fight and kill bosses naked or only using newbie gear just because I know I can out think the boss.

I'm also love world building and games with a good story. And if you are going to make games about war I feel the story of people like POWs need to be taken into account. Because not every dies in battle and you can learn a lot of things about the how the enemy's mind work by how they treat things like POWs. It helps you understand how they view you and your allies. Do they have respect for you or do they see you as animals or do they see you something even less than animals? The lore of the game can be made deeper and richer by exploring all aspects war and warfare. Even the parts that most people don't want to think about.

But I don't want to force people to have to do those missions if they don't want to, because that is not fun. So there should be ways out if it without needing to run it. And there is always the other option people use rather than becoming a POW. You can just kill yourself to keep the enemy from capturing you and risk being interrogate and/or tortured. You can just push that self-destruct button in your mecha to blow yourself and if the blast is large enough you might take out a few enemies too. And just respawn back in base. It is an easy out and you get one last attack in on the enemy if you time it right.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
we enjoy out thinking enemies more than just over powering them.
It is a different way to play and that adds variety and stealth can be alot of fun too!

I'm also love world building and games with a good story. And if you are going to make games about war I feel the story of people like POWs need to be taken into account. Because not every dies in battle and you can learn a lot of things about the how the enemy's mind work by how they treat things like POWs. It helps you understand how they view you and your allies. Do they have respect for you or do they see you as animals or do they see you something even less than animals? The lore of the game can be made deeper and richer by exploring all aspects war and warfare. Even the parts that most people don't want to think about.
Absolutely agree some enemies might have different agenda's while others could be cold blooded killers.
In war there are no real winners because casualties are from both sides so the endless war continues!

What is to say that pows are brain washed and perhaps used as an inside source, imagine you save someone held captive for so long.
They seem fine, but they act strange maybe its just what he/she has gone through. You decide to put a tracker on this person and to your surprise find him using a communication device encrpyted but to whom hmmm

Then that leads to decrpyting the signal to find out what the message was at first it was just a message to his/her family. Your still suspicious of this individual later a few days later and you were smart to have persevered. A package left outside buried under some trash, is it a bomb, a trap you zoom with your high tech visor and discover that its injections with strange silver like substance.

Another encrypted message goes out you decrypted "received package plan of action to take out targets".
Now you have the choice to either take action by

A) Eliminate threat - No more intel
B) Disarm and take to med lab - Figure out how to help him/her
C) Replace injections with fake - Injections are harmless sedatives and follow more risky but could find out more!

But I don't want to force people to have to do those missions if they don't want to, because that is not fun. So there should be ways out if it without needing to run it.
Firefall had mission boards where you can choose the mission