My Ember Vision (incl. Pictures)

Jul 28, 2016
spiralofhope.com
Great work, this definitely needs visibility.

Regarding resource-rarity, Mark, in his earlier Q&A, described a thumper risk:reward where players can choose to fight off increasingly difficult enemies, even past "100%", to challenge their skill for "ultra rare" resources.

Jul 27, 2016
I'm siding with bl4ckhunter here.

I think 1000 qualities is quite dumb. You change your gear for 1% whoooopidity doo!
No, make it make a meaningful difference in stats instead of 1%'s everywhere that ultimately do nothing.

The point of a constraints system was that you had to make sacrifices in order to get what you wanted. You should feel a difference after crafting some gear -- ex: equip your new gear and you are +10% speed, but -10% accuracy -- more tradeoffs like that would be the effect.

Last edited:

Mortebrie

Jul 29, 2016
No need for 1000 qualities. But changing quality of crafted item, depending on resourses rarity I think is a good idea. It'd be great if there was a chance to get "legendary" quality ore. But not just from grinding thumper - its boring. Maybe from bosses or events and only for players with completed questline for this ore. Making best equipment could be a great goal for players. But it must be hard to get and only 5-10% better than previous rarity for balance.
Just a small idea I always wanted to see in crafting.