Movement Enhanced - Slide Hopping New Local Drug?

grayhammer#2116

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Oct 28, 2021
Hey in the Demo for movement when you jump out of a slide while holding the slide button you can keep and even gain momentum into another slide jump, this can happen while not holding a movement key and just timing your jumps. My friend 6pilot4 suggested that I try doing this sideways and found that you can do it while moving your torso to look at other things and keep my momentum I had, and keep slide hopping.

Slide hopping with some form of movement gaining feature and making it so the lighter frames bleed less momentum and allow for turning to arch the slide would allow lighter frames to do the Anime Mecha thing of sliding between the legs while shooting full auto at a Kaiju. now hear me out I'm doing a lot of drugs (Slide hopping) but how likely are we to see this as a feature that light frames could potentially spec into?

Friend loves the movement and I think I can get him hooked on the same drugs. Asking for a friend, namely the drugs.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
now hear me out I'm doing a lot of drugs (Slide hopping)
This can be an intense drug on a very big slope :eek:

Slide hopping with some form of movement gaining feature and making it so the lighter frames bleed less momentum and allow for turning to arch the slide would allow lighter frames to do the Anime Mecha thing of sliding between the legs while shooting full auto at a Kaiju.
Could you imagine this done as a synchronized sliding a dance of the slides hmm

grayhammer#2116

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Oct 28, 2021
This can be an intense drug on a very big slope :eek:

Could you imagine this done as a synchronized sliding a dance of the slides hmm
Slope sliding is not yet a thing as the momentum bleed seems to be directly tied to distance rather than ups and downs but when doing it down a slope it feels pretty darn good. Depending on how slopes effect sliding it could be a major thing that we wont be seeing.

I could 100% see that happening on the other hand, the fact that most of the system is already in the game makes it a plausible thing for them to work out. All you need to do is modify the momentum bleed in slides, the animation for sliding would mostly be the torso turning and the omni-frame leaning.

After thinking on it, I think its a solid chance of happening just need to see how and what they do with it.

Bunny Hopping has been in games since like the 80's. It is always one of the things I test out in games as force of habit when I start playing a new. Just because I grow up with such things.

That video was inspiring, it also kind of makes sense that games are now working on it, even Halo Infinite has it on some small level with its slope slides.