Fuck your censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
But it's an american tv show, which I posted.... of which the standards apply. so you're not making any sense at all.
Not all are 'muricans here. And since this site contains swearing and navels. IT WOULD BE R RATED IN GERMANY *INSERTING GERMAN CENSOR B*TCHES*

*looking over to Australia *
Yo @Faeryl, heard Australia got it worst with their political censor b*tches?

Jul 28, 2016
Australia
Is this seriously Torgue_Joey's Stress Relief Forum? Or does he love to tell ppl they suck a lot *aka* verbal abuse.

If RoyRoy can't hold him back it's just gonna end up looking like TORGUE_JOEY Rules this Forum and None of you are safe from him haha.

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
I think some people totally don't understand what freedom of speech even means.

1. Freedom of speech does not include the right to be heard.
2. Freedom of speech does not apply to private spaces. (even if they include public access)
3. Freedom of speech is a rule that pertains to GOVERNMENT censorship. (It has nothing to do with what is allowed in the private sector)

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights."

Where anywhere in there does it mention what you can or cant say on a private forum, that allows public access?

https://www.britannica.com/topic/First-Amendment
Reading is hard!

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I think some people totally don't understand what freedom of speech even means.

1. Freedom of speech does not include the right to be heard.
2. Freedom of speech does not apply to private spaces. (even if they include public access)
3. Freedom of speech is a rule that pertains to GOVERNMENT censorship. (It has nothing to do with what is allowed in the private sector)

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights."

Where anywhere in there does it mention what you can or cant say on a private forum, that allows public access?

https://www.britannica.com/topic/First-Amendment
Reading is hard!
GREETING FROM GERMANY. THAT SH*T DOESN'T APPLY TO US. NOR TO THE NON-MURICAN MEMBERS HERE.

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
GREETING FROM GERMANY. THAT SH*T DOESN'T APPLY TO US. NOR TO THE NON-MURICAN MEMBERS HERE.

Youre right it doesn't apply to non americans. Each country handles that in their own way, I would like to make a couple observations though.

This game is being made/created/ran from the united states, so the freedom of speech rule that pertains to the united states is and should be used/applied to this forum.

Also I would like to point out that "most" people that try to claim "freedom of speech" violations, are trying to use that as an excuse to spew toxic bile and ad hominem attacks on people they disagree with or have some sort of issue with.

Freedom of speech is not a tool that was ever meant to be used as a free pass to being a douche bag, disrespectful, little twit.

Also if people in this country would fight as hard for the upholding of ALL the amendments in that thing called a constitution, what a far greater country this would be.

The final thing is that "most" people who claim to be such advocates for the freedom of speech, or for democracy for that matter, only like it when it suits their motives. An example of that is what happened in this country "and others" is that the left claim to be all about free speech and democracy, that is until there is some group with an opposing view then they proceed to try and shout them down or cause a disturbance that quell there right to speak.

I shall take my leave from this thread now, but hopefully some people find this informative.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Could be worse, could be vietnam or Indonesia where even so much as sex is illegal by way of death penalty. (I'm very much exaggerating, btw xD )

But yes, most people tend to confuse slander with freedom of speech, to hilarious and sociopathic effect.

If anything, with a niche community like this one:
wouldn't it be easier to have your own form of mutually agreed upon censorship that only applies to and can only be validated by specifically us em8er community peoples/playerbase ?

Last edited:

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Actually you all are not stupid and know when you are bashing. Don't need to quote US constitution or bill of rights. People here are adults and should act as such. Some fun is ok as long as you don't get abusive, but there's the catch, how do you define abusive? And it all starts again big circle. And it shouldn't matter or be used as an excuse bashing Americans which seems to be the fun past time these days.

Americans really think they are free , at least in other countries you know if your not.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Actually you all are not stupid and know when you are bashing. Don't need to quote US constitution or bill of rights. People here are adults and should act as such. Some fun is ok as long as you don't get abusive, but there's the catch, how do you define abusive? And it all starts again big circle. And it shouldn't matter or be used as an excuse bashing Americans which seems to be the fun past time these days.

Americans really think they are free , at least in other countries you know if your not.
All depends on what aspects of "freedom" your talking about.

Economic f*cking freedom:
USA is ranked #11 (Germany #17)

Moral sh*t freedom:
USA #7 (Germany #8)

Freedom of the f*cking press:
USA #41 (Germany #16)
YEAH, 'MURICANS CAN GO AND F*CK THEIR OWN OPINION LMFAO

NOT SO FREE, HUH

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
I have a very simple solution to this. If i begin to find someone's behavior abusive, i become abusive towards them. Since i'm a pretty big dude and have quite the "i might kick your ass" vibe about me. That usually solves the problem.

I'm all for free speech but if you feel you have the right to be a douche, so do i. I especially like it if they pick on someone weaker than them. I get this twinkle in my eye. I know, i know, i have issues. Sometimes all it takes for people is to be put in their place. No hard feelings, we'll even have a beer afterwards. Loser pays the drinks. This is how Belgian people solve conflicts of free speech. It's a lot more effective than you might think.

We're well aware that our goverment are a bunch of useless twats, so we tend to resolve our conflicts within the community itself. Our politicians wouldn't know a shoe from a horse.

It also shows the irony of the so called freedom defenders. Sticks and stones. Words are fine, verbal and emotional abuse is free speech. But a couple of bruises, a broken nose or a cut or two and all of a sudden they've become the victim. We're animals, we've always been. Their pretentious "civil" behavior is just an option to hide and use their weakness in their benefit imo.

I'm a Belgian, a Gaul. We're the guys that invented revolutions. You want a civil society or one of prey and predators? Your choice. Don't pick and choose as it is convenient to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.