Friday Update - Omniframe Tweaks Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darker7

Firstclaimer
Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for putting a lot of what I can only describe vaguely and with feelings into more down to earth words. Though I have to add that I really dig the hypermasculine look of the Mk. I and that's something I'm drawn to in Mech's.

I personally like the 3rd D.Va design the most, 4 and 5 are less destructive and a little chubby :Ü™

Darker7

Firstclaimer
Jul 2, 2017
* btw, I dont think the suit needs to be bigger...like a massive trans tank. Its all ready huge, looka about 18-20 feet tall (relatively to human size). Whats important, it gives the impression that it is a mechanical exo suit to aid in all round work. An EVO with attitude !! *
This version is only half as tall you think it is, look at the cockpit. But it shouldn't look like an exosuit, it should be the cross of a mecha and an exosuit, a MEK.
Also, I'm not advocating for it to be more tank like, I want it to be bigger so it is able to be more slender to be more elegant :Ü™

Darker7

Firstclaimer
Jul 2, 2017
I just remembered something about shapes and how they affect our perception of things. I'll do some research and explain my gripes with the new design more; tomorrow (because I'm just about to go to bed and it's already an hour past bedtime >.>) :Ü™

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
If anyone has misunderstanding
I do like the new one
There is a word called feedback, other than just compliments and not be close minded with tunnel vision and its to better the product, idk, lmao...

Anyway. ^.^ The action pic above makes it look way better, as grummz pointed out earlier the flaws in his own post, the posture didnt give it justice in anyway.
Main points are, the belly area. the roll-cage is not appealing, and too thick/fat? you can see where the pilot arms/hands go but as im trying to point out

Also this is the medium frame. You can expect more bulk in heavy and slimmer versions in light when the game ships.
- Grummz
there's quite a lot of space in front of the pilot without the Enclosed Mode. (compared to the other 2)
Maybe not reduce the entire front, but could reduce the waist area in the new design, I'll use the other 2 concepts as example:

mecha waist.png

I think we should embrace the concept of "good enough" and keep going with it.
Because you can't satisfy anyone, and it's pointless anyway.
Listening to people is good. Listening too much, isn't so.
We are satisfied, but its better pointing out potential flaws now than revising 4 months later.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017
If anyone has misunderstanding

There is a word called feedback, other than just compliments and not be close minded with tunnel vision and its to better the product, idk, lmao...

Anyway. ^.^ The action pic above makes it look way better, as grummz pointed out earlier the flaws in his own post, the posture didnt give it justice in anyway.
Main points are, the belly area. the roll-cage is not appealing, and too thick/fat? you can see where the pilot arms/hands go but as im trying to point out

there's quite a lot of space in front of the pilot without the Enclosed Mode. (compared to the other 2)
Maybe not reduce the entire front, but could reduce the waist area in the new design, I'll use the other 2 concepts as example:

We are satisfied, but its better pointing out potential flaws now than revising 4 months later.
I agree on the cage, there's plenty of room inside the cage that the pilot would get thrown around inside if there aren't any seat belts.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So I found a short introduction on shapes in character design:
Though I'm too deep into my morning-sloth to breakdown the different Omniframe designs into its shapes (rn) >.> :Ü™
This has given me more things to think about and seeing it in a different way!

Ufftack

Forerunner
Aug 26, 2017
Changes look great! The only thing that I would add are some safety straps for the pilot as mention above so that the pilot doesn't look like they can get beat around like a pin ball.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
I agree on the cage, there's plenty of room inside the cage that the pilot would get thrown around inside if there aren't any seat belts.
Click your fingers and create a small piece of possible lore. How about "inertial containment engines", designed to "shield pilots from excessive inertial forces otherwise experienced during pilot duties."

It could even be a re-searchable upgrade to the frames.

This is the least of all problems.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
BOX OF CIGARS.
EXTRA PAIRS OF SHADES.
SMELLY TREE THING TO COVER UP MY MONTH LONG OF BATTLES WITHOUT SHOWER.

DO I NEED MORE SPACES?
OH RIGHT. THIS BOX OF TNT NEED TO FIT IN TOO.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what if the mech pilot had something like this standing or seated depending if it was resting could be neat to see when it is transparent and see the pilot move inside with the energy shield around them.

or something like this that levitates the pilot so it doesn't have contact with the mech inside due to its specialized suit.
which is controlled by the magnets and sensors this is used for the movement of the pilot and seeing holographic information at random appearing around the pilot as if the pilot is using the motion and gestures which translates to the mech's specific moves.

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
Muuuuch better. Every since i seen the first frames I kept my mouth shut.(not only because I feel my opinion doesn't matter in an epic game like this) I absolutely haaaated the legs of the frames. They seemed too short or the arms seemed too long...but look at this work of art...I absolutely love it. Now these are looking like War Machines! I'M READY TO SUIT UP!!!!

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
I'm late to the party but I still have to say how I feel about the changes, I would have said it's perfect if it wasn't for that : upload_2018-1-2_14-18-38.png
These 2 metallic parts for the front, ugly as a nurgling, seriously. And i don't see it helping much in anything, i'm certain to play in hard driver mode if this thing is still there in game, which I didn't want to do before. I also think it removes one of the charms the original MK1 omniframe in non-hard driver mode had, some might know what I mean.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
or something like this that levitates the pilot so it doesn't have contact with the mech inside due to its specialized suit.
which is controlled by the magnets and sensors this is used for the movement of the pilot and seeing holographic information at random appearing around the pilot as if the pilot is using the motion and gestures which translates to the mech's specific moves.

afaik that solenoid ride was developed from the magnetic suspension for cars:

(the reason its not videly used is a prohibitive weight penalty and a complete revisement of car building)

investigating for useable videos I came accross the information that it's not build by bose anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.