Firefall is down, is it for good?

is it for good?

• Yes, there's no one there it's the end of the month why would they pay rent?

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • No, it will come back online!

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon

Gate Maker
Jul 27, 2016
So it was put back on steam then removed again. I wonder how many times they'll keep digging up the grave. I doubt they'll put it back up but I didn't expect that the first time.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Wait, it was back on Steam then down *again*??? I heard website went down again briefly today as well, but when I checked just now it seems fine.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I have played firefall off and on over the last two years but from the announcement of Ember I deleted it and cut ties with the past. The future is in Ember. This community has shown how bright it will be.

Charon

Gate Maker
Jul 27, 2016
Wait, it was back on Steam then down *again*??? I heard website went down again briefly today as well, but when I checked just now it seems fine.
Yeah per polygon and a couple forum/reddit posts the firefall store page returned to steam but it's hasn't been up all day since.

Jul 29, 2016
New York
Is it bad to say I'm glad to see Firefall dying at this point? Rver since they cut most of the creative team (and our Glorious Mark Kern) the game has just gone down the drain. I still have the Commander poster and i will thoroughly miss my Chopper bike but I think a T.H.M.P.R bust will be much cooler to put on display than the Arclight.

Jul 26, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I don't have time to play during working days, but when I was online shortly, people were reporting Sertao and Devil's Tusk were down, so everyone were on New Eden. Heh, people were just preparing to zerg Skydock, a shame I couldn't get that train...

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Managed to log in this morning, eventually. Seems all R5 are trying to do is keep the servers ticking over, just...

I don't understand why they bother, flogging a (near) dead horse springs to mind.

Charon

Gate Maker
Jul 27, 2016
Managed to log in this morning, eventually. Seems all R5 are trying to do is keep the servers ticking over, just...

I don't understand why they bother, flogging a (near) dead horse springs to mind.
R5 was liquidated. It's no longer a thing. The Chinese brought it in house to have a go at it. I don't blame them r5 squandered years of dev time and released a giant pile of shit it spent the last 6 months scrambling to recover while the9 cleaned house.

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
tried it now, just for kicks... works (sort of)...the rb store is down (got still 635 rb left from 1.6)...meh
R.I.P. FF
:D

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016

I don't have time to play during working days, but when I was online shortly, people were reporting Sertao and Devil's Tusk were down, so everyone were on New Eden. Heh, people were just preparing to zerg Skydock, a shame I couldn't get that train...
Oh wow, I didn't get one of these messages.

edit: just checked, there it is! However, I can't claim them from the inbox lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.