Discord Chat Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer873

Jul 27, 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
It can be all his all he has to do is ask for the keys, the offer is open for him at anytime. Then he is welcome to select whoever from the community he so chooses to run it.

Its my understanding he wishes it to remain fan ran, and that is exactly what is being ran as and for, some people just seem unable to follow the SIMPLE rules of the server, and there is no reason to adjust them for the handful that seems unable to abide by them.

There is now 600+ members of that server, out of those 6 or 7 seem to take great issue with it and its ruleset.....
There are now 600+ members of that server with 30 mins pauses before 2-3 ppl start to talk great server

Ammara

Jul 26, 2016
Id like to say that yes there is going to be a meeting, you guys should also be aware that everything in that server is documented by the bots.........so you guys might wanna come clean now and save Grummz some trouble.

Just sayin.....

As for the recent bans? Yes there were only 1 till mr reece came back, then there was an organized riot that took place on that server and that's where the other bans came from.

I would also like to point out that the ban that was lifted after 2hrs was due the fact that he contacted administration with a formal apology, and was allowed to come back in and has been a great community member ever since.

You guys shoulda did that as well, and your bans might have been lifted as well......

Just sayin.....

That is the last I am going to comment on this subject.
I commend your sweet-talking abilities and trying to get Mr.Grummz to side with you on this. I also understand that you are trying to protect the staff whom you have chosen to keep watch on your server, which is also respectable. However, stating lies for their sake and claiming that a riot was organized destroys my respect for you. You shouldn't unlock doors that do not exist nor you can back with evidence..

P

PCMasterReece

Maybe we should all take a breather. Honestly the Discord rubbish shouldn't of ever really made it to the forums.

As me and John have both said to each other. Flaming and arguing doesn't settle anything. The forums are a complete separate entity to the Channel, Lets not fight here as well. It will only alienate other people that come here like the divide alienated people on the Firefall Forums.

Ammara

Jul 26, 2016
Maybe we should all take a breather. Honestly the Discord rubbish shouldn't of ever really made it to the forums.

As me and John have both said to each other. Flaming and arguing doesn't settle anything. The forums are a complete separate entity to the Channel, Lets not fight here as well. It will only alienate other people that come here like the divide alienated people on the Firefall Forums.
Well said

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
I know that I said I wasn't going to comment on this anymore, BUT..........

I am a logical and reasonable man, I also love taking on task that require great critical thinking skills. I have put that to work and I think I have a solution to this issue once and for all (yeah right).

It has been mentioned in this very thread the notion of creating another Ember Discord server due to the current one being such a terrible place to visit and hang out with friends. Why don't you guys (and gals), that take great issue with the current staff and server do just that?

Mark has already made it clear that he wants the current Discord to remain fan ran right? So if that's the case, where does it say there cant be 2 fan ran Discord servers? As a matter of fact, we would even be willing to help you guys out, and advertise for you.

As an example, if someone in the current server wants to not follow the rules and guidelines, we refer them over to you guys server. That way they can do whatever you guys deem is a proper set of rules and management, I would also think it would be fair for you to advertise the current server if someone comes to yours and wants a place where the rules are a bit more "tight" and enforced.

Its hard to believe that me and PCMasterReece can agree on anything, but he is right these flame wars get no one any benefit.

What is wrong with this solution?

It may be brought up that well if we try and do this it will split the community, and I agree it would, the exact same split could occur if the rules and or administration of the current server changes to try and turn itself into something its not meant to be, for the sake of allowing a handful of people to force there ideals and ways onto the majority who seem to be perfectly happy with the current administration and rules and follow them without issue.

Thank you everyone for reading, lets get beyond this and unite for the common goal that we are supposed to be here for, and that is to help Mark aka Grummz see is vision become a reality so that we may all enjoy a game we so desperately wanted.

Discuss.....

Sincerely,
IAmJohnGalt

P

PCMasterReece

I need to ask because you keep saying all these people have been banned rightly, Well why are you threatening me saying if I ever join the Discord again you or your staff will ban me instantly?

I never kicked up a storm, I never really did anything except ask once, "why was Luran banned?". Yes I did message you privately to keep it out of the Discord about how I didn't feel Faeryl really allowed any free speech and banned/muted anyone she felt offended her. Which in fact isn't against your rules.

So again why am I being threatened when I actually haven't done anything? Is this because you just don't like me? Is it because I said I don't have any problem with you or any of the other staff except Faeryl? Again, that isn't against your servers rules, You don't mention that we can't be critical of staff in private messages.

Ammara

Jul 26, 2016
I know that I said I wasn't going to comment on this anymore, BUT..........

I am a logical and reasonable man, I also love taking on task that require great critical thinking skills. I have put that to work and I think I have a solution to this issue once and for all (yeah right).

It has been mentioned in this very thread the notion of creating another Ember Discord server due to the current one being such a terrible place to visit and hang out with friends. Why don't you guys (and gals), that take great issue with the current staff and server do just that?

Mark has already made it clear that he wants the current Discord to remain fan ran right? So if that's the case, where does it say there cant be 2 fan ran Discord servers? As a matter of fact, we would even be willing to help you guys out, and advertise for you.

As an example, if someone in the current server wants to not follow the rules and guidelines, we refer them over to you guys server. That way they can do whatever you guys deem is a proper set of rules and management, I would also think it would be fair for you to advertise the current server if someone comes to yours and wants a place where the rules are a bit more "tight" and enforced.

Its hard to believe that me and PCMasterReece can agree on anything, but he is right these flame wars get no one any benefit.

What is wrong with this solution?

It may be brought up that well if we try and do this it will split the community, and I agree it would, the exact same split could occur if the rules and or administration of the current server changes to try and turn itself into something its not meant to be, for the sake of allowing a handful of people to force there ideals and ways onto the majority who seem to be perfectly happy with the current administration and rules and follow them without issue.

Thank you everyone for reading, lets get beyond this and unite for the common goal that we are supposed to be here for, and that is to help Mark aka Grummz see is vision become a reality so that we may all enjoy a game we so desperately wanted.

Discuss.....

Sincerely,
IAmJohnGalt
Although some of your staff members claim that the opinions of your Discord's members matters, they really do not wish to hear any of that. They seem more of a copy&paste bots repeating the same phrase whenever it can aid. They also claim that they will update their rules and guidelines if needed (And even written on the #rules channel), but that did not happen once over the course of what you guys believe is salty.

I thank you for your continuous and obvious antagonization and attempts to impress Mr.Grummz and ruin other people images unjustly. I also thank you for being so kind to offer advertisement services, but please keep your childish resolution-finding skills to yourself, your kind should never be allowed to represent a game on its growing stage (pre-growing even).

Your server can continue to run as a fan-made server for Ember. But I do believe that Grummz should make his own official server and have the Ember team be the acting staff over it, with EVERYONE else being regular members.

Since Mr.Grummz has already created this forum and linked ember's website to it to update the world about Ember, the existence of a channel on Discord or any other platform barely adds any benefit, but I will let him decide on that.

Thank you once more for proving yourself to be destructive and anti-social, much appreciated.

P

PCMasterReece

I +1 the additional server idea. Ember has 2 websites that I'm aware of currently (one formal & one fan run). No reason there can't be 2 discord servers that cater to different folks. Just one players opine...
Im gonna say, I can't take anything you say seriously. Mainly for the fact you are Faeryl's husband so you are obviously going to have an insanely biased opinion

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Ok guys. Please dial this down a bit. While I appreciate the lack of profanity or foul language it is has started to go toward personal attacks, which is less than ideal. I understand the feelings being expressed but I'd rather not have to move this thread to the flamewars section.

Let us give Grummz a day or two to see if there is something he can do to solve the issues shall we?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
This thread has devolved into a flame war so I'm moving it here. It has also erupted into name calling and other accusations (on the other thread esp). So like that threat I'm locking this.

Discord is fan-run, we merely link it. As a small dev team, we don't have the resources to police drama. That said I'll be speaking in chat with Discord Ember operators later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.