Not open for further replies.

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
I am going to chime in here,
First off of course people who get banned or "in trouble" are always going to fail to disclose the entire facts of the issues that got them in trouble. Meaning there was a lot more to it than "I got banned for no reason", there was plenty of reason for it, even though I don't directly run the server I am involved in it.

I am brought up to speed on all the things that went on behind the scenes that caused the staff to act, and I don't disagree with a single action that was taken. Furthermore, that server has exploded and does it not seem odd that out of that many people in a live chat only a "few" seem to manage to get into trouble?

No one is getting banned for no reason, point in fact for you PCMasterReece, up till you came back and was allowed to remain in the server, you were the ONLY person that was ever banned. That episode that happened yesterday was only the 2nd time major action has been taken.

That alone speaks a lot, some of the people who were removed, and or left the staff are quiet a bit salty. While that is all well and good, trying to organize a mass "riot" attack on the server is not. Therefore I would of handled the situation the exact same way, for those that were asking for me to take back over the server. I would of actually reacted SOONER than the current staff did because I am far less tolerant of those type actions.

Thanks for the read

Last edited:

DemonSlayer873

Jul 27, 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
The reason for my ban is because i disagree with your ****ty maangement, the reason why sayalin was banned but ammara not is cherrypicking who to ban, the reason why imaqtone was banned is because your mods are totally incompetent and couldnt see that the person didnt know how to switch between channels
Im gonna move this to flamewars because im getting salty and with a reason

P

PCMasterReece

That alone speaks a lot, some of the people who were removed, and or left the staff are quiet a bit salty. While that is all well and good, trying to organize a mass "riot" attack on the server is not. Therefore I would of handled the situation the exact same way, for those that were asking for me to take back over the server. I would of actually reacted SOONER than the current staff did because I am far less tolerant of those type actions.

Thanks for the read
Just so ya know, weren't trying to cause a "riot" or anything like that. Just wanted to bring up my point :) Thanks for reading it anyways. This should now all be dropped, I left the Discord. All issues with this is now null and void.

Jul 26, 2016
Italy
You see that + included in a dotted line drawing a circle, below the round symbols of servers you belong to, on the left margin of the Discord user interface? Press it. A new server with yourself as owner will be created. That's how any server in Discord was born.

Sleepwalker

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Sweden
gamingdefect.com
I have no clue in why people has gotten banned but as @Nakiato said earlier, the current server is fan-run, so in full extent @Grummz can't say much about it in the long run. Since there isn't enough people that are getting payed, they won't have a good way to moderate it's own server and that would just get out of hand.

Most of the time people doesn't get banned for no reason as many have said, and if the other admins in the server doesn't agree with the ban, they can talk it out with each other and then remove the ban. If they do agree that it was the right call the ban should stay.

So if a mod/admin on the FAN-DRIVEN Discord server doesn't agree with the ruling, just speak up to the others.

I have been running multiple communities and have given a lot of second chances, but most of the time they messed up anyway and got banned again.

My rules has always been:
* Main language in the public rooms are English
* Always use proper language
* Do not encourage anyone into being rude
* Always use a proper nickname
* Respect other users
* Advertising is not tolerated

Ammara

Jul 26, 2016
The reason for my ban is because i disagree with your ****ty maangement, the reason why sayalin was banned but ammara not is cherrypicking who to ban, the reason why imaqtone was banned is because your mods are totally incompetent and couldnt see that the person didnt know how to switch between channels
Im gonna move this to flamewars because im getting salty and with a reason
Thank you for standing up to them but you shouldn't have played into it. They're the type of people whom would never investigate nor question a complaint about conversations that doesn't even break what is written in the #rules channel..

Thank you anyways~

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
Id like to say that yes there is going to be a meeting, you guys should also be aware that everything in that server is documented by the bots.........so you guys might wanna come clean now and save Grummz some trouble.

Just sayin.....

As for the recent bans? Yes there were only 1 till mr reece came back, then there was an organized riot that took place on that server and that's where the other bans came from.

I would also like to point out that the ban that was lifted after 2hrs was due the fact that he contacted administration with a formal apology, and was allowed to come back in and has been a great community member ever since.

You guys shoulda did that as well, and your bans might have been lifted as well......

Just sayin.....

That is the last I am going to comment on this subject.

P

PCMasterReece

As for the recent bans? Yes there were only 1 till mr reece came back, then there was an organized riot that took place on that server and that's where the other bans came from.
Don't make it sound like I was the problem yeah, Awesome. EDIT: Turns out I read into this part wrong. Please disregard this section. Thank you :)

Or I can just show everyone some screenshots of you threatening to ban me just because I said in a private message, I was gonna leave until Faeryl was no longer staff (That isn't against your Discord's Rules).

Well I stopped caring about this shit. I just wanted to point out, I didn't cause anything. I didn't start anything either. Check your logs for that

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonSlayer873

Jul 27, 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
Id like to say that yes there is going to be a meeting, you guys should also be aware that everything in that server is documented by the bots.........so you guys might wanna come clean now and save Grummz some trouble.

Just sayin.....

I would also like to point out that the ban that was lifted after 2hrs was due the fact that he contacted administration with a formal apology, and was allowed to come back in and has been a great community member ever since.

You guys shoulda did that as well, and your bans might have been lifted as well......

Just sayin.....

That is the last I am going to comment on this subject.
I wont apology because i was banned for no reason thanks for the offer. Also it wasnt an organazed riot you guys banned a friend of reece's and mine you had to expect 2 of the most vocal members of the community to be vocal about it(and ofc we both got banned because we disagreed with the bans and wanted them to share the reaons for the bans)

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
Is it now your discord server?
It can be all his all he has to do is ask for the keys, the offer is open for him at anytime. Then he is welcome to select whoever from the community he so chooses to run it.

Its my understanding he wishes it to remain fan ran, and that is exactly what is being ran as and for, some people just seem unable to follow the SIMPLE rules of the server, and there is no reason to adjust them for the handful that seems unable to abide by them.

There is now 600+ members of that server, out of those 6 or 7 seem to take great issue with it and its ruleset.....

IAmJohnGalt

Commander
Em-8ER Contributor
Jul 26, 2016
Cleveland, Tennessee
www.patreon.com
Don't make it sound like I was the problem yeah, Awesome.

Or I can just show everyone some screenshots of you threatening to ban me just because I said in a private message, I was gonna leave until Faeryl was no longer staff (That isn't against your Discord's Rules).

So don't talk shit thinking you are right because guess what. You ain't

Well I stopped caring about this shit. I just wanted to point out, I didn't cause anything. I didn't start anything either. Check your logs for that
Never said you organized it, but I know who did.......

edit** yeah sorry, no I wasn't blaming you sorry it seemed that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.