Deepstryke Demo Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
How do I get in? I see nothing in downloads! Help! I am missing it live!

p..s. It was A) because the download link was not up yet and then even worse B) because I downloaded over and over again 4 times the WRONG build (by clicking the download link for the buiild next to it). Apparently just doing the same thing wrong over and over does not make things right. I must have been too excited to have my brain fucntion.

Last edited:

Lomgren

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator
Staff member
Ark Liege
Ember Moderator
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Sitting at my computer
So, somehow I got stuck in a weird spectator mode, and relogging doesn't seem to fix it. I have tried logging in with both my email and my Em-8ER ID. Unfortunately I don't have any reproducibility steps, as this happened to me right from the get-go. I can cam around and see everyone, but nobody sees me in return. I have recorded this issue, so hopefully someone can use this footage to understand what's going on.

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
Sometimes when deepstryking onto a jump-pad, you'll jump up and down really fast right on top of it. Other players only see you floating over it, but on the player's end you're a jackhammer.

Duke

Gatestrider
Jul 26, 2016
Clinton Area
I foudn that if you jump and hold the spacebar, and press 2 you will sky rocket into the air..until you run out of fuel..then just kinda drop..all whilst animation locked xD

xeridox

Forerunner
Jan 26, 2017
So, somehow I got stuck in a weird spectator mode, and relogging doesn't seem to fix it. I have tried logging in with both my email and my Em-8ER ID. Unfortunately I don't have any reproducibility steps, as this happened to me right from the get-go. I can cam around and see everyone, but nobody sees me in return. I have recorded this issue, so hopefully someone can use this footage to understand what's going on.
I seem to have the same problem...

I foudn that if you jump and hold the spacebar, and press 2 you will sky rocket into the air..until you run out of fuel..then just kinda drop..all whilst animation locked xD
I found this out earlier today too...I was going to tell everyone in chat but there's evidently no chat yet lol

Em-cegu

Ark Liege
Apr 18, 2019
Italy
You can press 2 and then hold spacebar to climb up really fast during the deepstryke.
If I deepstryke on top of a tree, It won't do the "boom" at the end (always on top of the tree)
If I deepstryke a jump pad the character acts like a jackhammer and sometimes doesn't complete the deepstryke, allowing me to run around with permanent green trails.
If I press spacebar (not hold) at the end of the "somersault" of the deepstryke, the character climbs up consuming fuel (spacebar is not holded).
If I do a deepstryke with an obstacle above me that prevents me to jump, the caracter does the "somersault" (not always) and then stucks in the falling animation, check screenshot 1.
deepstryke_1.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
Regarding the spectator mode that Lomgren was experiencing, I started having this problem yesterday. I found that deleting the saved folder (with the logs and config files) in the AppData solved the issue (for me at least and more than once). So I think it might be related to the config files in there (because I doubt that the logs are causing it). I still have a backup of the saved folder causing the issue and when I replace the current saved folder with the backup (causing the spectator mode) the game will always load as the spectator mode.

Edit: Attached the saved folder content (if it can help).

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
FPS around 120 and above makes the game freak out. Examples:
1. Teleporting randomly
2. Laggy movement(when gliding if you turn you look like you are being pushed back)
3. Sometime landing after gliding throws you across the map.
4. Continuously flying up with Deepstryke.
enberbug.png

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
When trying to hover using the jetpack, I would sometime glitch upward or downward.

Edit: It occurs only when I limit my FPS (the limit doesn't matter, it occurs on 30/60 and 120 limits even if I don't reach that limit).

Last edited:

Crystalyne

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
South Hadley, MA
How do I get in? I see nothing in downloads! Help! I am missing it live!

p..s. It was A) because the download link was not up yet and then even worse B) because I downloaded over and over again 4 times the WRONG build (by clicking the download link for the buiild next to it). Apparently just doing the same thing wrong over and over does not make things right. I must have been too excited to have my brain fucntion.
Same here. Did you manage to get the link to the build?

Frostie

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Regarding the spectator mode that Lomgren was experiencing, I started having this problem yesterday. I found that deleting the saved folder (with the logs and config files) in the AppData solved the issue (for me at least and more than once). So I think it might be related to the config files in there (because I doubt that the logs are causing it). I still have a backup of the saved folder causing the issue and when I replace the current saved folder with the backup (causing the spectator mode) the game will always load as the spectator mode.

Edit: Attached the saved folder content (if it can help).
Thanks for this hint. I did some experimenting and it's GameUserSettings.ini > FrameRateLimit located under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Em8erMovement\Saved\Config\WindowsClient

If you adjust your Frame Rate limiter (in game) to let say 30fps, it changes from:
FrameRateLimit=0.000000
to:
FrameRateLimit=30.000000

If you change it back to Unlimited (in game), it changes it to:
FrameRateLimit=700.000000

When set to 700.00000, The game now only lets you spectate. Manually setting this setting back to FrameRateLimit=0.000000 fixes the issue (at least for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.