Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Reapers!

It's one of those huge mllestone days where the last thing you want to do is read my rambles!
Well there is no need to now! Hop into the demo, deesptryke like you mean it, then let us hear your thoughts in this here thread!

If you are in need of support please post in the support thread https://forums.em8er.com/threads/deepstryke-demo-support.1554/

-Ronyn

Waelwulfan

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Jan 31, 2019
Just an interesting idea for a future version. Periodically spawn (for a duration of 15 minutes) a kaiju/thumper/scaled up frame that just tracks the closest player, picks them up, and tosses them. No damage, can't kill it. Just something fun to play keepaway from and mess with the physics.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Would love to Deeeeeeeepstryke from gliding!

I also really like the running when we land from a shallow angle - love that!

I also like that we can DS from 1 foot off the ground!

Woo hoo!!!!

xeridox

Forerunner
Jan 26, 2017
Fun bug: Jump, hit your deepstryke, then immediately hold jump. The momentum of the deepstryke goes into the jetpack instead, sending you high into the sky... Seems to get laggy when another person joins, even after turning down all my settings to low. I only have a Nvidia 550 ti, just so you know. :)

Jul 27, 2016
-Wings seem to be mounted a bit high on the Omniframe. I'm no physicist but looking at them now, between the wingspan and their height on my frame, they seem unstable.
-Deepstryke animation needs more oomph. With our current small feet, the impact on the ground is disproportionate to how large of an impact we 'should' be able to generate.

Mar 1, 2017
Portugal
I have two suggestions.
-I feel like the glider loses momentum too fast when going upwards after a dive. We should be able to do faster dives followed by recovery and not quickly stall and plummet.
-The Deepstryke could be a bit directional. I don't feel like Warframe melee smash level of directional is good, but a bit of it would be nice and allow for better Deepstryke usage. It also needs more oomph as said by the previous poster.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
My recommendations:

1. On the log in screen...allow the "Tab" key to jump the cursor from the "Em.8ER ID" block to the "Password" block.

2. For player stacking...make the positioning a little more precise so that a little movement while on someone will drop you off/out of the stack thus a possible collapse of those above if they don't drop precisely onto the player below.

3. AFK timer...players not moving from time to time will log off. Give a decent amount of time for snack/restroom run (I.E. 10-15 minutes or so).

4. Counters...for Ping, FPS, and player count (toggle would be good in settings so if peeps don't wanna see the info).

Awesome times! Can't wait to be shooting Tsi-Hu and such! Watching them blow apart/melt/etc. :)

Jun 24, 2017
There is a small sound glitch that comes up every so often, (all sounds cease) only lasts for about three seconds and sound then resumes. Also will the ability to run super fast after coming out of a fast glide be staying as part of the game or is its something that may be toned down in the future?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
First thing is first. My reaction on the Demo today:

Next ...

My recommendations:

1. On the log in screen...allow the "Tab" key to jump the cursor from the "Em.8ER ID" block to the "Password" block.

2. For player stacking...make the positioning a little more precise so that a little movement while on someone will drop you off/out of the stack thus a possible collapse of those above if they don't drop precisely onto the player below.

3. AFK timer...players not moving from time to time will log off. Give a decent amount of time for snack/restroom run (I.E. 10-15 minutes or so).

4. Counters...for Ping, FPS, and player count (toggle would be good in settings so if peeps don't wanna see the info).

Awesome times! Can't wait to be shooting Tsi-Hu and such! Watching them blow apart/melt/etc. :)

I second these recommendations! :cool:

Jan 27, 2017
I simulated some Meshuggah level blast beats when I continuously Deepstryked my glide pad and got locked in animation in mid air. Sort of between tucking up the legs and dropping down again.

xeridox

Forerunner
Jan 26, 2017
My recommendations:

This already works, tho you need to hit tab twice to get it to move...on my end anyway.

Bug (?) For some reason, I'm stuck in some kind of observer mode or something, no omniframe, escape doesn't even get me into settings menu, have to alt+f4 to leave the game. It was working fine earlier... I saw a couple people log in with omniframes and fly around.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
-The Deepstryke could be a bit directional. I don't feel like Warframe melee smash level of directional is good, but a bit of it would be nice and allow for better Deepstryke usage. It also needs more oomph as said by the previous poster.
Could it be possible that the explosive force of the Deepstryke is directional according to our angle of impact?

In short, if there are a bunch of enemies on the ground you come in at an angled approach and slam the shock wave in front of you into them and then start to blast them to heck with them all in front of you since you landed in front of them instead of in the middle.

If you land straight down, it is still as it is today.

If you land from an angle, it extends in front of you proportional to your angle of attack and speed (how extensive it is).

Hikki

Omega Founder
Aug 29, 2016
Finland
Gliding movements are similar what firefall had , but this one felt really short glide even with up and down movement what should make last longer and get you further distance.
Sometimes it even stop mid air glide randomly and active frame hovering for no reason.

Crater ability: felt same as during firefall. Kinda wish it would show larger effect when hit ground, when jump off high up cliff.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Not sure if this is the right one i was greeted by a tower then found myself with someone standing on my head which led me to giving this ghost character an elevator ride back down.

If one omniframe can lift like this would save their power and then can boost high but what if the very first omniframe on the tower could lift all would that mean we could eventually reach the sky city ?

towerofpower.jpg

Another idea for these updates could you put the date of each one for example

Thmpr demo [21/02/19]

This way would be easier to know which is the most up to date including clear labels of the actual file!
so if its called Mr potato head then the file should be called Mr potato head!

Status
Not open for further replies.