Can we talk about boob armor?

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
It's dumb stuff like this thread that is turning people away from Ember. I can only hope Kern doesn't make the mistake Red5 made pre-1.0 and take suggestions like these seriously.

Hell, even BunnyHunny and Reece won't post here. Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
You're calling my question dumb, but have nothing better to say yourself. Maybe you should take the old saying to heart "don't have anything nice to say, say nothing."

Oct 12, 2016
It's dumb stuff like this thread that is turning people away from Ember. I can only hope Kern doesn't make the mistake Red5 made pre-1.0 and take suggestions like these seriously.

Hell, even BunnyHunny and Reece won't post here. Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
Life must be tough for you, not knowing how to enjoy it. :)

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
[puffin.jpg] I find a lot of games to skate on the edge when it comes to female character models and their armor...and endowment. I'm not a fan of scanty clothing or plastic surgery characters. The common forcing of female characters to show full leg or maximum skin bothers me when the male characters are full body armor; it's unreal. Call it art direction or social norms if you wish. At least give female characters a chance to have some class rather than objectification. I'm sure we all remember the FF female engineer or just about every League of Legends female hero portrait (not all of the LoL clothing lack tact but only one in this example has a believable spine).

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2016
if it's armor it's armor
and Don't equality me, this is a video games, real life Rules don't apply here.
But optimizations are good.

Jul 27, 2016
Perhaps, in the name of comfort, force fields could be implemented in the female chestular area. Then they could wear what ever they wanted and not have to worry about comfort AND protection.

Aug 14, 2016
if it's armor it's armor
and Don't equality me, this is a video games, real life Rules don't apply here.
But optimizations are good.
No! We need more equality. Why do females get all the sexy armor? I want sexy armor too. Sometimes I feel like running around in nothing but a speedo with tassels groin area that flop and spin around whenever I move around. Why can't I run around in nothing but underwear that has an elephant's head on it where trunk moves around or a giraffe's head and neck on it? Why do only females get all the super advanced armor where showing more skill equals more protection? As a guy that armor would walk better on me because I can show more skill than a woman can.

Anyway.

Biz

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 30, 2016
Everyone has boobs, it is only matter of size. If you are going for realism and physics then a single rigid armor plate across the ribcage in a continuous curve with no folds, indents or breaks will actually protect you, everything else will be either not as effective or downright dangerous to wear into combat. Coincidentally that is how actual body armor plates for females look like.

Aug 14, 2016
Everyone has boobs, it is only matter of size. If you are going for realism and physics then a single rigid armor plate across the ribcage in a continuous curve with no folds, indents or breaks will actually protect you, everything else will be either not as effective or downright dangerous to wear into combat. Coincidentally that is how actual body armor plates for females look like.
Because in real life when a person is wearing full armor it is hard to tell if they are male or female just by looking at them alone. You'll have to notice other things about them to give you a hint. Like the sound of their voice or if you are a person who is really good at reading body language to know there some movies that are hard for males to do just like their some movements that hard for females to do (yes, those of us who are trained to read body language tell a person's history just by how the move.)

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Well. Remember the lady who went to a jousting tournament and won the longsword contest?

Here you go:

Though as this is a videogame. It's perfectly sane to mix practical armors and joke items in the same game. As the players will simply choose their liking. (eg. Mabinogi)

EDIT below: I am not sure what you are talking about, as I haven't played that game in years, so sorry

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Well. Remember the lady who went to a jousting tournament and won the longsword contest?

Here you go:

Though as this is a videogame. It's perfectly sane to mix practical armors and joke items in the same game. As the players will simply choose their liking. (eg. Mabinogi)
In Mabinogi I'm one of those people who sometimes do things like fight bosses naked just to prove to the newbies that skill matter way more than gear and if you know what you are doing you don't need weapons (outside of the skills that need you to use a weapon or shield) or armor.

Can you tell that I'm not too big into things like fashionogi, fashionframes, fashionsouls, and the like?