Can we talk about boob armor?

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
-hotlinked image removed-

First, I am no expert on boobs. I don't have any. But I have noticed and have been told Boobarmor, clothes and protective gear accentuating the upper midriff of women, would be extremely uncomfortable especialy when we're talking flying projectiles.

I simply wanted to know if @Grummz female player character design will do use this or will he choose to go a more comfortable route?

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I am no expert on boobs. I don't have any.
BUT YOU HAVE NIPPLES?

PROBABLY BOTH WAYS. FOR NAVEL REASON.
SOME PREFER "REAL" ARMORS. SOME SEXY ARMORS.
AND SOME SKIMPY. WHY THE F*CK NOT, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE IN A MEAT GRINDER ANYWAY.

NOT THAT IMMA PLAY A FEMALE. BUT IF I CAN PLAY WITH HALF NAKED WITH NAKED EPIC PECS, WHY NOT "EQUALITY".

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
From what I can tell the omniframe has either transparent shielding and/or armor plating therefore no need for personal armor.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Yeah I think characters mostly wear civvy's or fatigue type clothing inside of their Mech? The mech itself doesn't really even have anywhere to put such silly things on (thankfully).

Jul 26, 2016
uhm I'm pretty sure the reason why the devs is leaving the player character open in the MEK suit is because to show off the player's customization.

So I'm guessing the possibility of seeing guys in swimming trunks and females in swimsuits is also possible. Anything customizing the character should be fine. boob armor, player covering banana costumes, cardboard clothes, etc...

It not like these costumes are doing anything in combat anyway since your MEK suit is supposed to be one doing all the combat.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
It would probably suit them if the omniframe were gender selectable like male and female body type architecture but it might look eccentric if you only just slap boobs on

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
In a real armor, boob armor would just be a weak point. However since we are in mechs, we don't need any personal armor and since mechs don't have a specified sex (I think :p) we won't get such a mech armor. However there will probably be such clothes for pilots :)

Aug 14, 2016
I say it's both or none. Bulges for both sexes, or not at all. Only way it'll be fair.
And I want tassels as an option too. When I run around with nothing on but my groin protector I want the tassels I have on to spin around like helicopter blades.

Confusing enemies is also a valid tactic in war. In the old days there where many types of warriors who would fight naked. The berserkers being one of the most famous ones.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
can probably just do it like mabinogi and just make like one or two new armor pieces every other month until it piles up in the thousands years later. that way you have your variety of ultilitarian vs unrealistic armor choices.

For the hilarity of it, just start off with like 2 or 3 armor variants just to make people bored, then excited for new ones.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
can probably just do it like mabinogi and just make like one or two new armor pieces every other month until it piles up in the thousands years later. that way you have your variety of ultilitarian vs unrealistic armor choices
Well, Mabinogi does have help from the player base. Every few months the devs have a drawing contest for new clothes, armor, and sometimes weapons. Where the winners have their designs added to the game and their name is within item info. It is why so many clothes and stuff has "Designed by (player name here)" as part of the info you get when you mouse over the item.

Tragedy

ARES Operator
Jul 26, 2016
California, America
It's dumb stuff like this thread that is turning people away from Ember. I can only hope Kern doesn't make the mistake Red5 made pre-1.0 and take suggestions like these seriously.

Hell, even BunnyHunny and Reece won't post here. Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

HumanTrainingBot

D-Gater
Ark Liege
Oct 26, 2016
Aww, don't be a kill joy. This thread started as a question about customization addressed to the devs and then decided to explore the absurd and funny while waiting for an official answer. Most of these are just "what if..." or "if we get ____, then I want ____" posts to either make a point or make someone laugh.