Backer Web Site Support & Issues.

Ryuho

Deepscanner
Feb 14, 2017
I have backed emb8r during milestone 3 but when i try to enter my email address it says there is no pledge under it. I have the e mail from indiegogo that shows when i did the pledge and everything.
Pls help

Ryunokage

Terraformer
Feb 26, 2017
I'm unable to verify my email address to claim the terraformer pack, pledged during the M3 milestone.

I've checked my accounts and have the transaction invoice from indie gogo on hand and it is indeed linked to the email I had been keying in.

Update: sorted.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Looks like the backer stuff is all set up for me, but I had another inquiry.

Not sure if it was already brought up elsewhere, but what about the Firefall credit thing for Founders that was brought out a while back? I know I got signed up and confirmed all that during the original window, I was wondering where I go to see that. I don't recall.

Hey @AgentSmith5150 ! (waves)

To answer your question ...

"Coming Soon. Your Firefall Credits will be listed here [https://my.em8er.com] once we have processed them for the next website update. Thank you!"

Rogilam

Firstclaimer
Jan 27, 2017
Have converted my account. But am not receiving the verification email. have confirmed it is not getting caught by spam of junk filters.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Do we also need to put our home address also or would the email address on its own be fine?

Think i asked this before but not sure if this was answered or not hmm

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Do we also need to put our home address also or would the email address on its own be fine?

Think i asked this before but not sure if this was answered or not hmm

Hey @Pandagnome !

The "Add Address" section is for future backers and any future physical deliveries or billing information the Em-8ER Team might need.

As I recall, only the Em-8ER Team sees that field; it's not a part of your public profile.

Hope that helps answer your question! :)

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
I can't find founders pack for me after 3 years on FireFall and right up to the end. If it can't be verified, then how can I purchase a pack here at Em8er?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I can't find founders pack for me after 3 years on FireFall and right up to the end. If it can't be verified, then how can I purchase a pack here at Em8er?
Unfortunately, the Firefall Founder's program is closed. You had to apply for the credit, via https://emberbot.jadex.eu/founders/ , upon which your credentials would be verified by staff here, via the Firefall forums. Once The9 shut down the Firefall forums, there was no longer a way to directly confirm your claim to being a Firefall Founder/veteran. Hence, there was no option but to close the whole program.

You cannot currently purchase a pack for Em-8ER since all the milestone funding programs are officially over, the last one being the M3 Funding Program last year. What we have currently running, is an upgrade program for M3 backers, or anyone who has an M3 pack, which allows them to upgrade their perk level from the last M3 funding milestone. This will run until the kickstarter goes live.

You do have a few options though:

1. Be a part of the Chief Chat events on Discord. There are giveaways conducted during these events. If you are lucky, you may win an M3 perk pack. This will also qualify you for the upgrade program.

2. If you are gifted an M3 pack by a friend in the community, you will still get access to the upgrade program and the perks from the M3 milestone.

3. You can choose to wait till the kickstarter goes live. A rough estimate is a minimum of 3 months until it does. The kickstarter comes with its own perks and rewards. You can save up and support the game during the same.

Last edited:

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Thank you for the information. Too bad all my money and time invested in FireFall/Red 5/The 9 was for nothing. That was shut down quite a while back, like before EM8ER was really going? Interesting the Backer program relied on verification. If I remember right, I was contacted when I was still playing FireFall about investing in Em8er. I know i signed up, but not any particulars. Guess i have to wait then, I don't know anyone that would gift me anything and my schedule is so busy I can't get to the Chief Chats in time. Hey you never know, might get lucky. The game is really starting to come together and looks good.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thank you for the information. Too bad all my money and time invested in FireFall/Red 5/The 9 was for nothing. That was shut down quite a while back, like before EM8ER was really going? Interesting the Backer program relied on verification. If I remember right, I was contacted when I was still playing FireFall about investing in Em8er. I know i signed up, but not any particulars. Guess i have to wait then, I don't know anyone that would gift me anything and my schedule is so busy I can't get to the Chief Chats in time. Hey you never know, might get lucky. The game is really starting to come together and looks good.
Hope they do have more competitions with prizes and random give-aways in the forum for those who miss chief chats and if they already won something in chief chat then they wouldn't be able to win in the forum just a thought hmm

If i ever win anything would certainly put it out as a prize for a drawing competition since i am not great at drawing and like a better icon :eek::D

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
I didn't know where to post this but I remember everyone trying to get the updates before Fooni who always beat us and was the first one. Of course we would cringe when we got the updates as who knows what they would be changing this time. Hope Em8er keeps a straight line on improvements and doesn't try to reinvent the game all the time. This looks to be as good as or better than the FireFall we loved. I already see a lot of similar things like the bikes , and the Thumpers are close to what we have even if different in function.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
It damn sure will surpass firefall! With the engine and milestone funding approach, the majority of skepticals are shutdown right there. Patience is the biggest need with where things are at right now but there isn't a thing I am disappointed with so far. The transparency, the artwork, the communication, the music, the whole team! Lets not forget this community! Thank you greeters too.

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Wasn't it something like inb4fooni? If this game keeps working and doesn't get sold to companies like the 9, that alone is a plus. But then why were the rights to FireFall sold when the game was doing well? I can see the bus and sports fail, but the rest seemed to be doing good. And why keep changing something that was working? We all loved it, but some won't be happy if we like it.

I have to admit this new game looks to be good. We can only hope that the reports were wrong about Mark being to blame with an inflated sense of power and a swaggering attitude of , if you don't do what I say, your fired. That is hearsay and I have no proof, only speculation, so please forgive me if i am wrong. That is what most news reports said and was all we had to go by.

By the creative things I have seen in this new game, I find it hard to believe Mark was at fault. He seems to have a good sense of what works and what we would like in a action game. He has proven that with the work he did at Blizzard, FireFall/Red5, and Now Em8er and Crixta. I'm on for the duration, lets see where this takes US. after all, its been one hell of a ride so far.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Wasn't it something like inb4fooni? If this game keeps working and doesn't get sold to companies like the 9, that alone is a plus. But then why were the rights to FireFall sold when the game was doing well? I can see the bus and sports fail, but the rest seemed to be doing good. And why keep changing something that was working? We all loved it, but some won't be happy if we like it.

I have to admit this new game looks to be good. We can only hope that the reports were wrong about Mark being to blame with an inflated sense of power and a swaggering attitude of , if you don't do what I say, your fired. That is hearsay and I have no proof, only speculation, so please forgive me if i am wrong. That is what most news reports said and was all we had to go by.

By the creative things I have seen in this new game, I find it hard to believe Mark was at fault. He seems to have a good sense of what works and what we would like in a action game. He has proven that with the work he did at Blizzard, FireFall/Red5, and Now Em8er and Crixta. I'm on for the duration, lets see where this takes US. after all, its been one hell of a ride so far.
#inb4fooni, yep.

I'm not all that well versed with FF's detailed history, but The9 were brought in as investors after R5 ran out of the bank they had, chopping and changing the game systems. As for who to point fingers at, I wouldn't know well enough. Maybe all parties involved were to blame. Long story short, The9 took over the reins, and now we are one Firefall short.

As for the whole 'Mark Kern - Genius or Madman?' saga, most of the anger and hatred directed at him takes its 'facts' from the apparent 'all-reveal' post (read rant) by an 'R5 ex-employee/insider' about Mark's 'authoritarian/wasteful' reign at R5. This individual has mostly been outed as a The9 shill, paid to spread misinformation about Mark. And let's not forget the bus, the elephant in the room (on the streets?) that everyone just loves throwing in the face of anyone who supports Mark. Long story short, the company that was asked to build the bus, screwed it up. The vehicle was not roadworthy/operation-worthy, and that was a lot of money down the drain.

The9 had a specific vision, WoW with guns, which was everything Mark did not want for Firefall, and they eventually got their way by ensuring that Mark spent as little time as possible with the team. In the end, he left, and The9 got what they wanted, a festering abomination that imploded in a not-so-glorious fashion.

Then again, it's not always as simple and straightforward as 'A is wrong, B is right'. Mark had a specific vision, and ideas that probably had not been attempted in the MMO industry. It's a risk you take with such matters. They can be a runaway success or fail hard. In the case of Firefall, several factors played into it crashing and burning. Sure, mistakes were made, everybody makes them. If anything, I'd appreciate the fact that Mark had the balls to attempt to do something that was not just 'copy WoW, retexture, rename, launch'. And that same sentiment is echoed by the community here.

All said and done, Firefall was a learning experience, and Mark has been quite careful about ensuring that the mistakes on FF are not repeated here. All the more better for Em-8ER.

Last edited: