I'd have to say doing a bit of everything:
- Allow for players to craft their own weapons and parts, or purchase them from a player market
- Keep some high-tier equipment locked to crafting, or late-game rewards/drops. Rare enough that trading for these is expensive.
- Allow for players to craft consumables at low cost, with better consumables crafting only.
- Guild/base building uses low resources initially, higher resources at higher tiers. This will give them the ability to contribute at any level, but reward them for spending more resources.
- No item degradation.
- Items should be disassembled for resources or credits, depending on what the player needs at the time.