A few updates

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Maven

Maven Boss Boss Max Kahuna

Not quite going in circles. The only 'rework' of sorts we've had is the remodelling of the omniframe. The hi-poly and low-poly for the new model will have to be remade now. The target for that is about a month or so. The other models are works in progress. Remember that its mostly folks working part time so things might take a tad longer than usual. As it stands, the target for the mockup is end of the first quarter this year. We may still make it. Add a month odd at best to account for any unexpected delays I'd suppose.

2. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

The original time marker when first even whispered was mid Feb. But end of March or some time in April is the more planned outcome. Hope this helps you understand the project expectations a little more. The team is doing amazing all things considered. The Em-8er project will not let you down.

3. Hotel6

Hotel6 Member

Thanks for lettin us know what you're doing.
    But hey, remember to stick to your original ideas. You know, aint no one want this to be Firefall again.

Keep up the good work !

4. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

Keep it coming.

Pandagnome and Mahdi like this.
  5. EvilKitten

EvilKitten Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

I don't think I've ever seen a video game that actually met its original deadline (or many other things beyond video games for that matter) There are always unplanned overages and sometimes you simply don't realize going in how difficult a certain portion of a project is until you start on it. I suspect that redoing the omniframe may have caused a fairly reasonable setback on the time frame. A lot of people were unhappy with the original Mk. 1, it is not very fair to expect updates to it and not budget the time to make changes beyond initial estimates. My own opinion is that as long as there is clear forward progress or at least viable reasons for delays I am happy. So far I feel that Grummz has met those expectations.

Faeryl, Hotel6, Wyntyr and 6 others like this.
  6. Dord32

Dord32 New Member

i waiting demo and screen :3

Pandagnome likes this.
  7. As7aro

As7aro New Member

I am sure that I cannot ask for it but, please, can you try to create some sounds which are the same like Firefall's sounds? This is was the best music ever. I hope you 'll answear me :)

Pandagnome likes this.
  8. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper KAIJU 'SPLODER

EXCITING NEWS, SLAB.
    MICHAEL BROSS, THE MUSIC MAKER FROM FIREFALL, IS WITH US AGAIN.

YOU'LL VERY SOON HEAR HIS BADASS AND EPIC MUSIC AGAIN.

9. Terib.Shadow

Terib.Shadow Well-Known Member Greeter Omni Ace

Indeed, as Torgue mentioned Bross is back and up for it, he has already made one music so far for the THMPR art demo, which is really damn epic sounding, here's a link to a vid showing the art demo, along with the music.

10. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Hi everyone. We ran out of time to shoot video last Sunday, so we are shooting a video update this Sunday for posting next week. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Playable mockup is going slower than we wanted, but there hasn't been any redesign. We did modify the Omniframe based on all the user feedback we got, and we are working on the changes to the model now.

11. Faeryl

Faeryl Firstclaimer Base Commander Greeter

I thought I should put this under the update from Grummz today; just in case folks missed this update which was posted by Grummz in Discord last Friday. Thank you @EvilKitten , screen shots - what a great idea! :)

8 FOR EM-8ER! :cool::cool::cool:

EvilKitten likes this.