1 or 2 characters per account? Independent of each other.

How many characters should be allowed per a single account?

• 1 (is enough)

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • 2 (at least)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 3 (The base 2 +1. Unlocked for founders and other special members, perhaps)

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peeps are spoiled with wide range of conviniences these days. But even in the past ppl always tend to get an advantage from alting/boxing. No matter if there will be chars/mailing restrictions, players still gonna do that. Despite I like OPs idea, I think it won't chage much. It's not about the game, it's about player behaviour.
Well, as I've said, I have two characters in Firefall, but it is rather easy to tell that both are me. I have the same reaction, with the same phrasing. :mad:

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Honestly speaking, I do not want alts to be a thing unless you got some kind of alternative shared stash separate from a main bank or you can mail to your alt. A lot of altaholics are also hoarders, they will find some way to store as much as they can. If there is no shared stash for transferring stuff, or no way to mail the alt then they will resort to using other players as a shared stash to give their alt the items which will lead to lots of scamming.

People who do not want to share stuff between their characters can do so with their own self imposed rules. No need to make it easier for scammers to steal stuff from the ones who do not share that opinion.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
2 for the base game.
1 character as a main.
1 character when you want to be left completely alone without anyone seeing your "main name" on any list or recognizing it while you derp around.

My opinion though.
Simply have an incognito mode which disables the chat features/windows and turns you invisible on your friends list? I'd say removes the name from your character but then it could be abused for trolling.

Jul 31, 2016
Simply have an incognito mode which disables the chat features/windows and turns you invisible on your friends list? I'd say removes the name from your character but then it could be abused for trolling.
Hidden/incognito mode is one way to do it...but then it have to be a toggle so you're always hidden when logging on...then manually remove it with /endhidden or something.