Status
Not open for further replies.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
big booba

Edit: But on a more constructive note, Em8ER may have a toggle in the settings that allows you to either turn certain skins off as per your sensibilities, or all non-sci-fi skins off. It's been mentioned multiple times across the forums and Discord but we are yet to see exactly how it will be implemented and exactly what will happen when it is on/off. If you wish to know more about the feature, feel free to join the Discord and ask Grummz during a Chief Chat!

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Grummz: I like waifus. Expect waifu skins.
[4:21 PM]
Grummz: That does not mean there won’t be plenty of other options in game
[4:22 PM]
Grummz: I won’t apologize for waifus when I’ve been upfront with that for a long time.
[4:22 PM]
Grummz: I think we are being very innovative with the skin filter button.
[4:23 PM]
Grummz: The subscription is a premium. Waifu skins are premium and this rare drops. In game drops are going to be more Geesuit and sci fi oriented.
[4:24 PM]
Grummz: I thu kk people should wear what they want anywhere, you don’t have to see it.
Grummz: You literally will never see a waifu skin if you don’t want to
Grummz: Nit even body sliders past a certain amount
[4:25 PM]
Grummz: Pls don’t impose your will on others when you can press a button and be in theme all the time
[4:26 PM]
Grummz: All I see is waifu pushback. That’s why we have the filter.
[4:27 PM]
Grummz: Waifus are here to stay, they’ve been talked about for years. You can push a button to stay in lore.
[4:28 PM]
Grummz: Too many options are a bad thing
Grummz: Streamline it
Grummz: Focus dev efforts on other stuff
[4:29 PM]
Grummz: But ya, waifus are nit going away, nor is the ration going to change much in subs, even though the game will feature a lot of regular skins.
[4:30 PM]
Grummz: I’ve wanted to make a waifu game for decades. Couldn’t do it at Blizzard.
[4:31 PM]
Grummz: I’m going to pursue my dream as one of the last games I get to make before I retire.
[4:32 PM]
Grummz: We have solved this with the filter.
Grummz: You are downplaying the solution which is absolute and works to never show you that stuff
Grummz: No other solution is necessary
Grummz: You can even filter it on a per skin basis with mute.
Grummz: Yes of course there will
[4:33 PM]
Grummz: It subs are going to be premium and have waifu skins
[4:33 PM]
Grummz: Terib, that mean, I’m. It stabbing anyone. It’s a button.
[4:35 PM]
Grummz: I don’t understand. Our models do not look anime
[4:35 PM]
Grummz: And Japanese was in the logo from early on
[4:36 PM]
Grummz: No you can mute per skin.
Grummz: But I’m nit doing zones for clothing
Grummz: It’s a waste of dev effort
[4:37 PM]
Grummz: Nit treally. You’re talking less than 1 percent that want some based rules for appropriate wear.
[4:37 PM]
Grummz: Most either want lore only or waifus
[4:38 PM]
Grummz: But social wear VS gear wear is in games like BDO. Makes sense only if pilots end up getting stat gear and gameplay
[4:40 PM]
Grummz: We’ve done that.
Grummz: See the police skin,nor the engi skin,
Grummz: People said the first Geesuit we did with CSR was too sexy
[4:41 PM]
Grummz: It’s full body
Grummz: No the first one
Grummz: Yes, the subs skew to waifus.
Grummz: They always will
Grummz: But that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty of options in game
[4:42 PM]
Grummz: This is not a zero sum game
Grummz: Waifu skins does nit mean less military lore skins.
Grummz: Abyss that’s a subjective line.
[4:44 PM]
Grummz: I’m sick of games folding to prudish pressure. This is my statement and my own preference. We are going to have lore filters and lots of non waifu options. Nobody is being left out, and the ratio you are worried about is pure fiction. There will be plenty of non waifu skins in game.
[4:45 PM]
Grummz: I do not cater to the anti bikini armor crowd. I understand it, and I’m providing a button you can push
[4:46 PM]
Grummz: It’s a button. S
Grummz: Button
Grummz: One click
[4:47 PM]
Grummz: Button!
[4:48 PM]
Grummz: I’m not a PC person. I do understand lore, that’s why we invented the filter option, something no other game has done.
[4:48 PM]
Grummz: If you are unhappy with the option, I feel you are trying to impose your personal view on other players.
[4:50 PM]
Grummz: Abyss your point isn’t. It’s nuanced. You want to see them in social setting only.
[4:51 PM]
Grummz: I hear you. I just don’t think enough people feel that way. Most either want to see them nor not.
[4:52 PM]
Grummz: Right now the focus of all our work has been on gameplay, not waifus. I hope that earns some confidence that we have our priorities right.
[4:53 PM]
Grummz: Abyss nit saying you were, I admitted your point was more nuanced.
[4:57 PM]
Grummz: The mech style is open. Expect a variety
Grummz: A skin based game can’t be too strict in art theme.
Grummz: Or all skins would look the same
Grummz: I have no idea how to do a waifu mech
[4:59 PM]
Grummz: Waifus are a thing, they will be prevalent in subs, you have plenty of other options in game, and there is a button to never see any of them for those who prefer lore only skins.
[5:00 PM]
Grummz: Abys, at least you can hotkey it. I’ll look at flagging zones but it’s a manual process that I’d rather not do right now VS a button.
[5:01 PM]
Grummz: Also remember that ones definition of too much waifu is going to vary a lot person to person.
[5:01 PM]
Grummz: This is why individual skin muting is important too
[5:02 PM]
Grummz: I’ll do a strait up bikini armor frame after the next male skin.
[5:04 PM]
Grummz: Right now I just want to get the combat feeling right.
[5:04 PM]
Grummz: I’ll leave the bikini armor to CSR
[5:05 PM]
Grummz: CSR is our waifu concept artist
Grummz: We have a ways to go before fighting tsihu feels good.
Grummz: That’s my focus.
[5:06 PM]
Grummz: CSR focus is on great waifu skins
[5:06 PM]
Grummz: CSR can’t code or do game art so no resources are diverted
[5:09 PM]
Grummz: Lol ya, god mode for devs is next lol
[5:10 PM]
Grummz: Bikini armor is next.
[5:11 PM]
Grummz: August

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Well I'm disappointed that the images are rather sexist, and time this shit was over, so if i have to vote it will be for No.7 , please do better to remove sexist stuff from your game, its not the 80s anymore
I keep thinking its the 80s sadly but its ok, but anyways a good choice no 7 is a gem!

Nyarlathotep

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jun 25, 2017
Well I'm disappointed that the images are rather sexist, and time this shit was over, so if i have to vote it will be for No.7 , please do better to remove sexist stuff from your game, its not the 80s anymore
Totally agree. I've hated the direction the artwork has moved in.

I backed the game because I was an avid FIreFall player. I wanted to back its "spiritual successor" because I enjoyed the gameplay. Based on the website, it looks like a perverted 12 year old is the acting art director, and channeling visuals from the darker corners of 4chan into a product that shouldn't need it.

I'd never buy a game that's being marketed the way Em8er is right now. The objectification of women is repugnant, I wouldn't want to participate in a MMO filled with people who disagree, and the choice to package the game this way means it's off limits to younger members of my family who I'd want to share my free time with.

Jul 23, 2017
Dont like it?

Dont play it / ignore it.
They only got my money because it was advertised as a mech vs Kaiju game. It was *never* a waifu game with a bit of mechs and kaiju sprinkled on top.
I was subbed for a bit but now I'm only receiving "dear sub, here's the new waifu skins you can look forward to! Oh and look at this bunny suit boob jiggle next to her dead face!"

Aug 22, 2019
Totally agree. I've hated the direction the artwork has moved in.

I backed the game because I was an avid FIreFall player. I wanted to back its "spiritual successor" because I enjoyed the gameplay. Based on the website, it looks like a perverted 12 year old is the acting art director, and channeling visuals from the darker corners of 4chan into a product that shouldn't need it.

I'd never buy a game that's being marketed the way Em8er is right now. The objectification of women is repugnant, I wouldn't want to participate in a MMO filled with people who disagree, and the choice to package the game this way means it's off limits to younger members of my family who I'd want to share my free time with.

Real actual women don't give a shit that Nyarlathotep and huttd#3055 are on a forum for an unreleased game championing the cause of women's modesty. They're not going to sleep with you. You just look pathetic. The bunny skin and other more sexualised skins were announced a year or more ago. And even before that, Grummz was clear he was adding such skins. You had plenty of time to discern if titflesh made you feel uncomfortable and whether you should purchase the game. Be a god damn adult and take responsibility for yourself. The majority of backers knew what they were in for. And most of us like that a game is actually unafraid to express itself.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I backed the game because I was an avid FIreFall player. I wanted to back its "spiritual successor" because I enjoyed the gameplay. Based on the website
The website is a lot better now than it was before still a work in progress but so far well done.
Would suggest adding some other images later of men, mechs, dropship skin rather than just a full sweep of woman in my view.

Below is the banner for the monthly patron currently
1613656601656.jpeg

The objectification of women is repugnant,
I think there is more focus on woman personally some are clothed fully/Armored and others with less.

Asked some woman about this and one whom is my cousin said that some looked a bit too sexualised while the others said some looked cute it is like how we see woman/men represented in television such as music videos some may be revealing and others clothed.

Now i am not sure how the collection of men's skin will be, but as i have mentioned before it is lacking greatly compared to the female skin collection.

Would the male skin have equivalent of less armored/clothed females i am guessing they might, would that mean if that is the case, there is an objectification of men in that circumstance? I am not actually sure everyone could be objectified, we could also say an example ban prom nights because woman wear too much revealing outfits in those events and so on!.

All i know is to expect more skins and that the filter will be right there should you need it.

I wouldn't want to participate in a MMO filled with people who disagree, and the choice to package the game this way means it's off limits to younger members of my family who I'd want to share my free time with.
I can agree that younger members could be affected, they have their fortnights and their minecrafts etc etc

Not many talk about what adults wants it is always what kids want.

Playing as a family i can understand that too, if you are playing with the family with a younger member
what i could imagine is that the filtering system, would certainly help.

You know how kids are curious and pressing all the buttons, this leads to a question what if there is a password to lock/unlock filter so that as an adult you would have to be responsible keeping that password safe away from the kids.

Kind of like when we had password on certain tv channels that were seen as more adult content.

They only got my money because it was advertised as a mech vs Kaiju game. It was *never* a waifu game with a bit of mechs and kaiju sprinkled on top.
I was subbed for a bit but now I'm only receiving "dear sub, here's the new waifu skins you can look forward to! Oh and look at this bunny suit boob jiggle next to her dead face!"
It has always been a Mech vs Kaiju game that has not changed, the skin as they put it is a way to customize the character.

Currently we see much of the revealing skins, i am waiting to see how it will all look after we have a full set of skins because to judge just by what we have right now is premature.

Real actual women don't give a shit that Nyarlathotep and huttd#3055 are on a forum for an unreleased game championing the cause of women's modesty. They're not going to sleep with you. You just look pathetic. The bunny skin and other more sexualised skins were announced a year or more ago. And even before that, Grummz was clear he was adding such skins. You had plenty of time to discern if titflesh made you feel uncomfortable and whether you should purchase the game. Be a god damn adult and take responsibility for yourself. The majority of backers knew what they were in for. And most of us like that a game is actually unafraid to express itself.
Easy Tiger lets be nice, and you have good points that the avatars wont be sleeping with anyone because pixels!

There is no doubt people with younger members in their family are going to be some what concerned because of what their children see.

In my experience working among adults/kids, most of the kids with access to their smart phones and tablets could see far worst and that may even be accidental too especially with adverts popping up as well oop.

Then you have to wonder if their peers could even have access to all that etc etc
Honestly parents you have to be aware and just be honest with the kids when my parents hide things from me i would be a pain in the gluteus maximus.

When my Pap and mama explained that e.g the game was not appropriate Mortal kombat 3 guess what little me did play it at my friends house :O

Thankfully i am not a lunatic throwing fireballs and punching innocent bystanders in the groin its just made me realize how strange the world has changed over so many years.

Nov 24, 2019
If you want a game that has women that are not attractive, you can pick any game from a Western game developer.
But you came here to whine.
Not only that, you use political newspeak i.e. "do better" and complain that this is "like the 80s" when this is the intention of the designers with the female characters, to bring back what we already had and what was then removed because of political propaganda.
Then you accuse the people who like these designs as "sexist". Next you will probably come up with all the other "ists" from your vocabulary, trying to defame people.
This game is made for gamers, not for political activists. Accordingly you are not part of the customer group of this game.
Gamers of either sex either like these waifus or they don't care. Attractive women are not insulting the eye, unattractive women are.

Myst

Archon
Ark Liege
Hypedration
Aug 19, 2016
As a woman, I strongly disagree in all regards with anyone who says the game is "Sexist". Can you explain exactly how its sexist to have a strong confident woman who can kick ass, take names, and dominate a battlefield in a suit of power armor, who wants to wear a sexy outfit? What do the 80's have to do with the price of tea in China?

They only got my money because it was advertised as a mech vs Kaiju game. It was *never* a Waifu game with a bit of mechs and kaiju sprinkled on top."
As for the above?

I disagree, again, as a gamer, a woman, and as a community member here. I know many of people who agree with me who are also women. The game has ALWAYS been "Mechs, Kaiju, Waifu oh my" is been the tag for the game since the beginning. We just haven't had the assets to show off.

I'd never buy a game that's being marketed the way Em8er is right now. The objectification of women is repugnant,.
How, exactly, are we being objectified here?

If you don't like it, we have a slider to turn off the sexy. Don't like it? Don't play it. Don't ruin the fun for everyone else.

The man making the game literally has a meme going, Naval Saturdays, where he posts Waifu's every Saturday. In what world is this out of character for him to make a game around Waifu's?

Not trying to be mean, but i'm going to approach the topic with the same energy that it started with. Maybe I am biased. But don't come in and claim its sexist, without explaining HOW its sexist. Don't come in and claim the game has been about mechs and Kaiju from the beginning, without Waifu, when literally the first batches of concept art was about Waifu's.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Attractive women are not insulting the eye, unattractive women are.
Well i am not sure on that some unattractive are appealing for its goofy and fun way

Boogerman was no ladies man, but he sure could use his booga's to great effect.
Most of the woman find this man repulsive, you could say he looks like a super hobo with a cape!
1613736810416.jpeg

Milenna is one of the top fighters in the mortal kombat series, now have realized she covered her mouth
because eating much foods and not brushing teeth is quite stinky... she will need to go and see a dentist soon!
1613736864802.jpeg

What do the 80's have to do with the price of tea in China?
No but the adverts in the 80s were very good here some :D

"Mechs, Kaiju, Waifu oh my"
Dont forget husbando's too !

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
look, I just want to see some shirtless guys already
In the meantime watching Mami Vice can help has Flamingos, ladies in beach gear, fast boats, men, cars, greyhounds, shiny buildings, sunsets, break dancers, jewish parent carrying their child, smoking detective because the cigarette is white and matches his white suit most likely, and Action!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Sex sells, and unfortunately the male skins dont do very well for sales, i wish they did tho. Lol think of it as the necessary evil, we got a game to fund :p
It does... but do think that if there is enough customization for men as well as woman will all be happy hopefully!

1615725481444.jpeg
This looks good

1615725680338.jpeg
This one is too i'd like to see a male version of this

1615729192510.jpeg
I like this one the head gear is nice too

1615731431500.jpeg
You can't forget makeup, tattoos, or even layers such as those you can apply to abdominals or where ever and neon and even holographic etc

1615733073736.jpeg
Also lots of nice head gear

rr.jpg
Also animal features, or attachments / masks etc

Oct 9, 2019
Sexualization and objectification aren't even inherently bad. Context matters. If that's all a character is to a piece of media, then it's an easy argument to make, but it's also easy to strip a character of their own agency (ie, why can't the character herself choose to dress that way) if you're not being properly critical and just snapping at some perceived grievance.

I like cheesecake, so I'm all in on the waifus. I'm very pissed off with the Neo-Puritanism we're seeing these days among the mainstream game industry and "journalists". If Em8ER were to suddenly reverse course and strip all that out I'd demand a refund.

ps, I'm also very big on consistency, so I hope there's some great beefcake coming for people who's preferences are inclined that way

Status
Not open for further replies.