Concerns

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
It was always my understanding that stepping out of your omniframe for any reason during combat was tantamount to committing seppuku. Trading out omniframes is intended to be done outside of combat.
What if your OF is destroyed or you run out of health etc? Maybe just respawn back in the hanger with your OF still intact like FF? Might be a bit early in the development for this question???

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
What if your OF is destroyed or you run out of health etc? Maybe just respawn back in the hanger with your OF still intact like FF? Might be a bit early in the development for this question???
Yes I believe Grummz has stated if your frame is destroyed (and by extension your in game body) then you will be rezzed at the nearest base. Your frame will be reset back to full health but at the cost of resources to offset the repairs.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Yes I believe Grummz has stated if your frame is destroyed (and by extension your in game body) then you will be rezzed at the nearest base. Your frame will be reset back to full health but at the cost of resources to offset the repairs.
Interesting as from what I recall the Dev team speaking about this has been what I'm concerned about and what you recall them talking about wouldn't cause me any concern at all. I'll write it down for a Chief Chat question if I don't happen upon the answer from a previous one.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
need for speed (childish game imo)
I still do like need for speed 2 underground because its nostalgic i am probably a big kid still :p
oh not to forget super mario kart!!!!!!!!!

i hear the thoughts of the game Anthem and have seen some of the trailers and alpha testing on youtube
it looks good and the environments remind me of the firefall coral forest area too!

Anyways powersuits do look human like and the monsters in this game would probably not be as big as in em8er i imagine but saying that could be wrong hmm

What do people think of powersuits like in athem i like them and also love mechs is there a way to fit powersuits in mechs or is it better to have just mechs and powersuits as different playstyles ?

My other thoughts are what are the competition for em8er so far people seem to look into anthem
but there development is ahead so i am sure em8er has an advantage in tweaking and changing things easily because its quite tough when its already done hmm

Last edited:

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Interesting as from what I recall the Dev team speaking about this has been what I'm concerned about and what you recall them talking about wouldn't cause me any concern at all. I'll write it down for a Chief Chat question if I don't happen upon the answer from a previous one.
I thought we were doing the DVA from Overwatach thing. You would pop out of your destoryed mech and run around waiting for your new one to come in.

Last edited:

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
Please provide proof to backup your claims of 'over' $1M funding.

of course he can't.

But even if he could, 1 million isn't going to do very much.

My current contract has a team of 23 people working. The monthly wage bill is around 430k

I know there aren't that many people working on this project, but if it kicks off, then the numbers on the payroll + contractors could rise pretty fast, and while the total cost probably wouldn't reach the levels i've seen, 1 mill wouldnt cover 6 months wages.

Maybe if the OP had said "OVER 1 BEEEELION! IN FUNDING!!!!" it would have had more effect.

Just sayin.,...

Quick note, I am talking in £ sterling, so by the time you read this post, the value is probably about half what it was when I started to type, but you get the idea.

go go Brexit :(

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
of course he can't.

My current contract has a team of 23 people working. The monthly wage bill is around 430k

I know there aren't that many people working on this project, but if it kicks off, then the numbers on the payroll + contractors could rise pretty fast, and while the total cost probably wouldn't reach the levels i've seen, 1 mill wouldnt cover 6 months wages.

Maybe if the OP had said "OVER 1 BEEEELION! IN FUNDING!!!!" it would have had more effect.

Just sayin.,...

Quick note, I am talking in £ sterling, so by the time you read this post, the value is probably about half what it was when I started to type, but you get the idea.

when i heard of brexit the first time i thought it was a laxative product does sound catchy hmm
Anyways politics is not my thing i'll just watch cartoons instead much more entertaining!

Aug 5, 2017
UK
Gravity...and I do mean GRAVITY - both literal and physical, but most of all - patience (though i do hunger for Em8er BIG TIME !!!! ) Mark and the gang will pull through with the goodies (yay...its crimbo soon!!) and boy! wont we be so happy !!!!!

:cool: Happy Crimbo/holidays to all you Em8ers ! (pass the eggnog this way plz)

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
of course he can't.

Just sayin.,...

I believe I know what is happening here. Grummz did at one point have about 1 milliion dollars of funding for a game. This was however for his last game called Voxelnauts. Grummz left the project after what I could only imagine was hell with investors. Ideas they had for the game were very much out of touch. I won't go into details as I signed an NDA. Grummz left the project but didn't take the money with him. The team was left to keep working on the game. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I believe I know what is happening here. Grummz did at one point have about 1 milliion dollars of funding for a game. This was however for his last game called Voxelnauts. Grummz left the project after what I could only imagine was hell with investors. Ideas they had for the game were very much out of touch. I won't go into details as I signed an NDA. Grummz left the project but didn't take the money with him. The team was left to keep working on the game. I hope this clears up any confusion.
They never raised 1M. They tried to do a Kickstarter for 100k but failed, then the investor sued the remaining team. I had left long before they did their KS.

We've not yet done a major raise of funds for Em8ER. We've had the indiegogo rounds, as well as the ongoing newcomer packs, which we have not advertised. They are not even listed on our main website.

We're working towards a Kickstarter with our Playable Mockup coming early next year.