Ideas On Fighting Category 5 Kaiju

Aug 14, 2016
So, given the mass of things we are talking about. Could we do things to make it kill itself?

For example, we are fighting in a polar area where there is no land just thick ice. Would it be possible to trick it into walking over a weak point in the ice so it falls into the cold water and get trapped in ice or drowns?

Jul 26, 2016
So, given the mass of things we are talking about. Could we do things to make it kill itself?

For example, we are fighting in a polar area where there is no land just thick ice. Would it be possible to trick it into walking over a weak point in the ice so it falls into the cold water and get trapped in ice or drowns?
Aren't we the invaders here? So they getting hurt by the environment doesn't sound likely to me.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Actually, that idea isn't very farfetched, do remember there is terraforming, and, from the lore itself :
"The magma poured out onto a glittering, gleaming white surface of sulfer dioxide frost and ice.
Ash plumes from spewing fissures froze and settled as corrosive “snow” across the landscape"

That's the basic surface of EM-8ER, the one they are used to, terraforming is no doubt something we can use to our advantage.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
THE F*CKED UP ENVIRONMENT EITHER CAME AFTER THE RABBIT "EXTINCTION", IN THAT CASE THEY CAN VERY FAST ADAPT WITH THEIR GEN-TECH.

OR THEY F*CKED IT UP THEMSELVES DURING THEIR CIVIL WAR. THEN THEY ALREADY ADAPTED TO IT.

Aug 14, 2016
I just had a thought that would be just chaos. What if there was one that as we fight it would break up into smaller parts. And each part has a mind of it's own. It'll start off as one giant monster, than the players cut it in half and now it is two smaller monsters. And so on.

I got this idea after thinking about things like starfish. Where if you cut off a leg of a starfish no only does the starfish grows a new leg, but the cut off leg will grow a new body. So one starfish becomes two. A single starfish can do this with out to three legs at a time.

So just imagine us starting off a battle just fighting some giant monster. But as we are fighting it we takes off parts of it's body. But it just ignores us doing this and keeps moving toward our base. And then you hear over the radio that all those parts we broke off of it are still alive and are now moving to attack too. And that cutting the those smaller parts just makes even more of them. Going by how the battle goes one large monster can easily become thousand or more smaller monsters.

The most common ways you kill things like this are to destroy the core part of them (a part of the body they can't live to long without) or do things to stop them from regenerating (often using a poison or other biological thing that shutdown body functions), or make sure that each part doesn't have enough energy stored up within it to regrow or that it uses up way to much energy in trying to regrow things (turning it's own ability against itself by damaging it in such a way that it uses up all its energy and resources trying to heal so it basically dies of exhaustion).

Last edited:

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
I think the servers would cringe at your idea of one turning into a thousand. Though that general idea to a lesser extend at least was one I posted a long time ago among some boss ideas. My idea was for a giant bio mechanical system that is built up of a large swarm of smaller machines/creatures grabbing together. When clustered up they generate a shield that lowers damage to each one and cuts down aoe heavily so its mostly direct hits that hurt them. But while they could form into one giant stomping monster that can build giant guns or a massive claw at a moments notice, it could burst out into a swarm of small flying/insectilke creatures/machines that can fly around and let it move around more complex terrain (pathfidning/dynamic limbs for a bigger monster in interesting terrain is hell on the development side...). Individual ones have smaller attacks and can swarm players and be dangerous. And as you kill more the big things it can reform into will change as it has a different number of resources to build something with. I was figuring of something like a swarm of 20 or 30 making up a category 2 or so kaiju though, if used on something category 5 or so the sheer number of them would be insane, or their size would be that of cat 2s or so themselves.

Aug 14, 2016
Well the funny think about my idea is that regeneration takes up a lot of energy. And in living beings this would make them hungry. So the more it has to grow back the hungrier it'll get. So the smaller monsters wound be trying to eat everything to recover the energy they lost and fuel more growth. And like pointed out before smaller things tend to eat a lot more than large things because of how heat is built up and lost from a body. So you start off with a large slow moving monster and end up with a lot of fast moving really hungry monsters who try to eat everything just to stay alive.

But I like your idea too. But the question becomes what kind of hive mind do they have. Are they all controlled by a queen or is there no leader of the swarm and each one just following basic rules like (Always stay within one body length of the nearest member of the swarm but make never close enough to touch. And always try to move to the middle of the group where it is safest.). Because different types of swarms have their upsides and downsides. And we have to use different tactics when dealing with different types of swarms.

Also on a related note. What type of music should be playing when we fight these giant monsters, if any music at all?
For me, I think I would like to hear a song like this when fighting some super large monster that make my mecha look tiny next to it. It is one of my favorite songs from video games of all time. It is Megalith from Ace Combat 4, this is the song that plays on the final mission of the game while trying to save to world from a super weapon that is about to go off.

P.s.
For the people who want to know the lyrics of that song.
The song is in Latin.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

This translates to the following in English.

Lamb of God, you who take away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us.
Lamb of God, you who take away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us.
Lamb of God, you who take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I have had the OST from Ace Combat 4 since its release JUST for that song alone!

But the music is going to be sweet and epic, there is full confidence in that with bringing da man back!

I like the idea of breaking up unto smaller, but my thoughts are also on the 20-30 numbers due to server strength. As for hive mind, don't forget about the Tsi-Hu augmentations that can make things mechanical in nature controlling the cellular division.

This is a great idea for a kaiju world boss that is popular with the community. Lore would cover it easily enough as well. Not at launch, obviously, but down the road would be, who knows.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
But the question becomes what kind of hive mind do they have. Are they all controlled by a queen or is there no leader of the swarm and each one just following basic rules like (Always stay within one body length of the nearest member of the swarm but make never close enough to touch. And always try to move to the middle of the group where it is safest.). Because different types of swarms have their upsides and downsides. And we have to use different tactics when dealing with different types of swarms.
Perhaps they have formations that could change depending on the numbers they are up against?

Maybe depending on what mixture of type of kaiju that is there the leader would change for example if the queen was eliminated
the lead would be passed to the next highest which in turn could change the tactics, but also the environment could be a factor
as there might be better kaiju suited to the ice than fire?

What type of music should be playing when we fight these giant monsters, if any music at all?
Music sets the pace and brings emotion of the story, i particularly like music that has a beat not too much singing or hardly any singing i want the game and music to be in sync for example seeing a very fast paced enemy would bring about a sinister sounding cue and then the music speeds up building that intensity of of being chased/hunted

For a boss depends really on the type of boss how it moves it could be a tiny boss that looks innocent with the music playing without cause for panic until it transforms and then BAMM the chaotic music kicks in

I like this music always gets me hyped up to face boss vor!
The beginning with the singular drum beat and the vibration echoing the nice build up for something to happen then when the music kicks in you feel that vor's grineer army is with him marching ready to battle, and at one part around 1.21 -1.30 you hear a monk like chant it makes me think that the battle will take all your focus.

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
Also on a related note. What type of music should be playing when we fight these giant monsters, if any music at all?
Music sets the pace and brings emotion of the story, i particularly like music that has a beat not too much singing or hardly any singing i want the game and music to be in sync for example seeing a very fast paced enemy would bring about a sinister sounding cue and then the music speeds up building that intensity of of being chased/hunted

For a boss depends really on the type of boss how it moves it could be a tiny boss that looks innocent with the music playing without cause for panic until it transforms and then BAMM the chaotic music kicks in
Well well well, it looks like one of my childhood memories kicked in like a jalapeno vodka.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I have to agree with Terricon4 that since it will be set in the future would be good to have a modern vibe
could imagine where there was a story inside a facility you enter one of the club and dance away and then the alarm goes with the screaming of people like in a scene but nothing happens its nothing really just harsh storm. So you help the technicians fix the damage from outside. Although you hear some strange noises maybe its just some issues with your comm link.

Anyways you enter back into the club and all is dead silent the doors all shut sealed
automated voice: "Please stay calm cat2 alert" the sentry guns appear to work for a brief moment in pulses and stop working.
The lights all go off ..... "power failure"

You set your night vision and you see a lit up DJ area while looking for clues there a shadow figure appears in-front of you and vanishes this happens a few times as if it is toying with you. The music automatically turns on and the battle begins :D

[0.34 -0.53] This sounds like the get ready moment of a battle

I could imagine this something like a cyberpunk club where the kaiju take over and the battle happens
with the music going along its because of this scene that i enjoyed

hard hitting drum yess something is about to happen?

[1.41 onwards]

https://youtu.be/lbsJXsDbjyY
this one hypes me up i like it nice drums!!! :D

I also like music that have an errie feel because its not only big epic music that sets the mood it could be the unknown and perhaps the enemy is cloaked or whatever i am excited by how the music will be and what tunes go with what?

Aug 14, 2016
Here is an idea about trying to capture the monsters? Like what if we set up things like powerful shield generators around an area lured the monster into it. Trapping it in an kind of energy dome. While it is trapped in there we have some time to think about what do with it. Like do we kill it or can we somehow keep it alive but make it no longer an enemy? What if we could turn an enemy into a friend? But just because it trapped doesn't mean it'll stop trying to fight back. So if we take to long before acting will break free.

Also funny idea what if some of the monsters are really cute? Would people try to capture them alive more often or kill them? Here is example of a cute spider. lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Here is an idea about trying to capture the monsters? Like what if we set up things like powerful shield generators around an area lured the monster into it. Trapping it in an kind of energy dome. While it is trapped in there we have some time to think about what do with it. Like do we kill it or can we somehow keep it alive but make it no longer an enemy? What if we could turn an enemy into a friend? But just because it trapped doesn't mean it'll stop trying to fight back. So if we take to long before acting will break free.

Also funny idea what if some of the monsters are really cute? Would people try to capture them alive more often or kill them? Here is example of a cute spider. lol
Brilliant idea :D

1) It could also be used to protect allies or a vip(s)

2) cute creatures that are wild could be captured and developed into pets and these pets can evolve or be kept at a state
of the user's choosing. This is sounding more like pokemon but heck why not lol

E.g cute Evo1 would be the baby state - high chance of vomit and poops
E.g. cute Evo2 would be like a kid state - high chance of rolls and sonic boom boom
E.g. cute Evo3 not so cute more like a teenage rebell state - higher speed and aggro
E.g. cute Evo4 is more scary & slower like an adult state coming after bad day from work but if you give it attention it sometimes shows its cute face - high chance of heavy damage and loot

3) Enemies can be turned into a friend but could it be permanent or for a set duration depending on the
ability strength/points or module duration used etc? Could enemies be controlled like mind control this made me think of my fave gun in saints row 3

4) Trapping and eradicating an enemy in this shield area could reduce the chance of other enemies noticing what is happening
resulting in reduced sound and vision if it was camouflaged or even cloaked too!

5) Having Dome parties at random places without interruption is a bonus

Aug 14, 2016
Brilliant idea :D

1) It could also be used to protect allies or a vip(s)

2) cute creatures that are wild could be captured and developed into pets and these pets can evolve or be kept at a state
of the user's choosing. This is sounding more like pokemon but heck why not lol

E.g cute Evo1 would be the baby state - high chance of vomit and poops
E.g. cute Evo2 would be like a kid state - high chance of rolls and sonic boom boom
E.g. cute Evo3 not so cute more like a teenage rebell state - higher speed and aggro
E.g. cute Evo4 is more scary & slower like an adult state coming after bad day from work but if you give it attention it sometimes shows its cute face - high chance of heavy damage and loot

3) Enemies can be turned into a friend but could it be permanent or for a set duration depending on the
ability strength/points or module duration used etc? Could enemies be controlled like mind control this made me think of my fave gun in saints row 3

4) Trapping and eradicating an enemy in this shield area could reduce the chance of other enemies noticing what is happening
resulting in reduced sound and vision if it was camouflaged or even cloaked too!

5) Having Dome parties at random places without interruption is a bonus
Lol, I didn't even think about using the shield to protect people or using it as a way set up safe zones for people to meet and heal while in battle. So in large scales battles we have a choice to make. Do we use the shield generators to make a trap for the enemy or do we use it make a front line camp?

As for the mind control gun and uses a biological being as ammo. We can say that ammo it fires is a type of parasite that floods the host's body and brain with hormones that makes them feel good while also suppressing higher cognitive processes. This puts the host into a kind of dreamlike state where they are happy and with their higher cognitive functions being impaired they are unable to question what it is that they are doing nor do they care. This makes really easy for them just blindly follow the orders of anyone else near them. And it is through the link that gun has with the parasites the holder of the gun can control their the hosts. As part of the flavor text about the game you can say things like "Early research into this weapon found in some ruins suggest that is way used on criminals as way to keep them in line. More research is needed to fully understand how parasites and share a link to the weapon itself as well as where the parasites originate from. All ones we found so far are all in ammo containers. No sighting of the parasite in the wild has yet been reported." This would give players something to think about and to watch out for as they explore the world.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Do we use the shield generators to make a trap for the enemy or do we use it make a front line camp?
This is interesting i think shields would be ideal to give cover and to heal others even dome shield parties !!!! etc
As for trap it would be really nice as a containment field for example to prevent a virus from spreading etc

I'd say both but its how you would setup your mods etc so some might prefer to play to use it as a defensive tool
while others would prefer to use it as a trap and target higher priority enemies.

This puts the host into a kind of dreamlike state where they are happy and with their higher cognitive functions being impaired they are unable to question what it is that they are doing nor do they care.
Make them dance like this :D

A futuristic boombox with some preset tunes that you could carry will make them follow the music, you will be like the space pan piper!

Jul 29, 2016
i would just like to remind everyone that a human can be the right tool for the job you dont alwase needs mecs for everything seeing as how the category 5 kaiju is the size of a mountain would it not make more since to send a squad of humans in to try and blow off sections of its armored carapace to make it vulnerable think about it we could be dropped down on top of it and have to fight our way to a point on the monster to place the bomb we could fight any number of things that would live on the beast and have to keep ourselves on the kaiju since it would be moving that could be part of the challenge the pieces of the kaijus armor could be claimed later to be used as a resource i dont think however this should be the only way to take down one or used on everyone of them only the more armored variants and it would be one of the harder things to do you got to be geared or just plain leet

Aug 14, 2016
How about posting some really odd animals the Devs can use a base for some of the monsters. For example, this funny looking thing that is a real animal. It is things like this that make you question are dreaming or is reality just this weird?

i would just like to remind everyone that a human can be the right tool for the job you dont alwase needs mecs for everything seeing as how the category 5 kaiju is the size of a mountain would it not make more since to send a squad of humans in to try and blow off sections of its armored carapace to make it vulnerable think about it we could be dropped down on top of it and have to fight our way to a point on the monster to place the bomb we could fight any number of things that would live on the beast and have to keep ourselves on the kaiju since it would be moving that could be part of the challenge the pieces of the kaijus armor could be claimed later to be used as a resource i dont think however this should be the only way to take down one or used on everyone of them only the more armored variants and it would be one of the harder things to do you got to be geared or just plain leet
What about having players use our mechas to try and hold the enemy in place just long enough from a group of highly trained soldiers to jump on it and start planting explosives on the weak parts of the enemy armor. Our goal is to keep it to focused on us to notice the humans it's body. Kind of like fighting a person in such a way that they don't notice the ants on them.