Can we please get a longsword?

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Hello everyone!
That is just my personal wish :) Can we please get a european longsword (with normal proportions, it could be an energy sword though)? We have katanas everywhere, but no longswords :(

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Oh my... what happened to this thread XD
But yeah, "erection mode" could be pretty good :) though, why would you use a shorter blade?
Well I have been told that if the sword gets too big it can be difficult to handle properly.

EDIT: And yes a good european sword would be really nice to have in game, well actually a good variety of them would be best.

Aug 14, 2016
lol, "erection mode" is nothing new. Anyone who knows the story of the Monkey King (a.k.a. Wu Kong or Son Goku) also knows that the staff / rod weapon he wields has the ability to grow to infinity. So it is not like it has never been done in games before.

P.S. for the people who don't know the story/myth

The name of the staff he uses is named Ruyi Jingu Bang.

The staff first appears in the third chapter when the Monkey King goes to the underwater kingdom of Ao Guang, the Dragon King of the East Sea, looking for a magic weapon to match his strength and skill. When all of the traditional magic weapons—swords, spears, and halberds weighing thousands of pounds each—fail to meet his standards, the dragon queen suggests to her husband that they give Sun a useless iron pillar taking up space in their treasury. She claims that the ancient shaft had started producing heavenly light days prior and suggests that the monkey is fated to own it. The novel never explains how the pillar was made, only that it was originally used by Yu the Great to measure the depths of the world flood during times immemorial.

The staff is initially described as a pillar of black iron twenty feet in height and the width of a barrel. It is only when Monkey lifts it and suggests that a smaller size would be more manageable that the staff complies with his wishes and shrinks. This is when Sun sees that the weapon is banded with a gold ring on each end, as well as the inscription along the body reading "The Compliant Golden-Hooped Rod. Weight: thirteen thousand five hundred [catties]" .The inscription indicates that the staff follows the commands of its owner, shrinking or growing to their whim, make copies of itself, and that it is immensely heavy, weighing 17,550 lbs (7,960 kg).

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
And yes a good european sword would be really nice to have in game, well actually a good variety of them would be best.
EUROPEAN SWORD? C'MON, YOU HAD BETTER.
IF NOT. MAY I RECOMMEND YOU SOME GOOD EXPLOSIVE QUALITY SH*TS.

++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++

*BOOM*

LIGHTSABER/LAZERZORD - EXTRA GLOW IN THE DARK, EXTRA FUN IN THE DARK (NOW WITH BUZZING EFFECT)
*MEEDLYFEEDLYDEEDLYMEOOOOWEWEWEWEEWEWEOOOOOOOOOOW*

*BOOM*

TESLABLADE - FOR ELECTRIFYING CLIMAX (LIKE BUZZING IS NOT ENOUGH)
*WOOOOOOHOOOOOO*

*BOOM*

PLASMABLADE - SH*T ABOUT TO GET HOT HERE (IF YOU REALLY NEED TO MELT THE SH*T OUT OF IT)
*DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOOOT, DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOOOT (AND PROCEED TO STOMP ON IT)*

++++PUSSY SPECIAL EDITION++++

THE F*CKING F*CK ASS VIBROBLADE - BUZZ IT. TILL. IT. EXPLOOOOHOOHOOHOOHOOOOODE!

*BOOM*

++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++TORGUE COMMERCIAL++++

Jul 26, 2016
Probably something in a switch-blade style, or http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gundam_astaroth_Demolition_Knife.png

in-universe, a variable length blade would be good for messing with opponents, despite being something of a gimmick. with an extended blade, you can cause the opponent to over-extend themselves attacking a blade that suddenly becomes shorter (swing and a miss), pull them in and flip the run the blade out, for an instant skewer.
as far as gameplay goes, a longer blade would have an obvious range advantage, and possible more damage per hit, where as a shorter one could have a increased attack speed, maybe even higher DPS

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
I don't really like the idea of dedicated melee weapons or whole designs.
A spike or talon on the frame's feet to crack a skull or two, a reinforced fists to pound some sense into an enemy, but I just don't feel edged blades or energetic close range weaponry.

liquid Nanofilament spray, maybe, but that may infringe on a few copyrights.

Aug 14, 2016
I don't really like the idea of dedicated melee weapons or whole designs.
A spike or talon on the frame's feet to crack a skull or two, a reinforced fists to pound some sense into an enemy, but I just don't feel edged blades or energetic close range weaponry.

liquid Nanofilament spray, maybe, but that may infringe on a few copyrights.
Clare's sword is made of "Aggregated diamond nanorods; hyperdiamond! The hardest substance there is!" Cue the freeze frame and the disclaimer informing that ADNR's are a real substance, and are every bit as hard as advertised. We don't yet know of anything harder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregated_diamond_nanorod

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Clare's sword is made of "Aggregated diamond nanorods; hyperdiamond! The hardest substance there is!" Cue the freeze frame and the disclaimer informing that ADNR's are a real substance, and are every bit as hard as advertised. We don't yet know of anything harder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregated_diamond_nanorod
yeah yeah, buckyballs. doesn't change my impression of short ranged weaponry as main equipment.

Aug 14, 2016
yeah yeah, buckyballs. doesn't change my impression of short ranged weaponry as main equipment.
Yes, but given that we are in mecha with armor and shields guns are no more effective as swords are. Because in real life things that are bullet resistant (there is no such things as bullet proof) can't block damage from melee attacks, while at the same time things that can resist melee attacks can't block damage from range attacks like bullets. This because ranged attacks and melee attacks have different energy signatures that are largely counter to each other. So blocking for one type of damage leaves you weak to the other type of damage.

In other words, the greatest threat to person in bullet resistant armor is person with a knife or hammer.

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
The funny thing about that scene was that according to the script he was supposed to do some fancy whip work against the dude.

But since he was tired from all the shooting they had to do from the scenes before Harrison Ford was exhausted so he just resorted to the pistol and they ran with it for that scene.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
The funny thing about that scene was that according to the script he was supposed to do some fancy whip work against the dude.

But since he was tired from all the shooting they had to do from the scenes before Harrison Ford was exhausted so he just resorted to the pistol and they ran with it for that scene.
ACCORDING TO MY F*CKING KNOWLEDGE, WHIP SH*T STUNTS WAS OUT OF CHARACTER, SO HE DID WHAT AN INDIANA JONES WOULD DO. *BANG* AND BE DONE WITH IT.