DevTracker

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Thanks for the update to cloudflare, Xeevis! Keep an eye out for bugs.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
I'm sure many of you have noticed we have here this nice feature Firefall and many other forums have disabled > Signatures. Content appended to your every post. They have no rules as of now, you can place there text, links, images whatever you want.

However and I'd like to stress this out, If all members here know how to utilize this feature properly without being disruptive, maybe we can keep this feature enabled. But if it's abused, used for marketing purposes and inappropriate large content that is distracting and disrupting to conversation, you can be sure it will be eventually disabled, permanently.

For example: If you have information about yourself, please weight if it's worth having it appended to every single post of yours.
What you can do instead: Post info about yourself in the about box, you can then put just a link inside signature to your about page, like > about me

I don't want to write down rules or anything (and I'm not in the position to do so), just appeal to your common sense when making your signature. Ask yourself, if I have 5 posts on a single page, isn't my repeating signature getting in the way of important content?

Thank you o/

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
Thank you Mark, I'm honored.

Gandi gives just 1 standard certificate and it's free only for the first year. Also since sub-domains are used here, down the road it would probably require wildcard certificate which goes around $200/yr. Cloudflare is probably the best option to try first and see if that works for us, no commitment, no costs.