DevTracker

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
When it comes down to it, I don't like how free to play games "taste" and I'd rather do a smaller niche game that didn't compromise design in any way to make enough people go to a cash shop. Yes, it probably means a smaller audience, and I'm fine with this.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
The game will cost at the high end of Indie games. Looking at most indie games that seems to be in the $30 range, plus or minus. There will not be a subscription fee. The cash shop is for cosmetics and utility (name change, etc.). We will sell mini-expansions to keep content coming.

If you are a player who needs a game they can play without every paying anything, anytime, we can't, as an Indie afford to do that. Our audience just won't be big enough for enough paying players to subsidize completely free players and cover the costs of servers and bandwidth. Well, that's not completely true, we could do this, but we'd end up having to monetize critical parts of gameplay and introduce deliberate "inconveniences" into the design to make more people pay so you can play absolutely free.

If you are the type of player who likes to try a game for free and then decide to support it through cash shop, etc., then I'm sure we will do things like Steam free weekends where you can try the game for free.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hey I know a few of you don't like the direction of the Omniframe. I just ask you keep an open mind and judge it by how it plays. I know I'm super excited and motivated by it, and that can only make for a better game. And to answer the question, the game is more science fantasy than hard sci-fi.

Remember, the poster was made before any game pitch was made, just to judge interest and then later raise $500 for a website and forums where we can have arguments like this :)

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
So now we're the aggressors :s I'd not be quite friendly if some guys are messing with my planet :)
So we will play the "Muricans" bringing "democracy" and "freedumb" and "pieces" to the natives. Cool. Can I play as a native instead please?
Hold on..who said the aliens we fight are indigenous to or even regular inhabitants of the planet we land on?
What do you say we wait and see what the basis of these alien/human encounters are before we start pointing fingers shall we?