DevTracker

Fillmore

Kaiju Slayer
Ark Liege
Ember Dev
Kaiju Whisperer
Jul 26, 2016
Utah, USA
Let's see. By trade, I'm a software engineer turned manager of engineers. Our main project right now is an isometric game for elementary school children. The children earn points by doing various educational activities, which they then spend on items to decorate the island their avatar lives on. It's a fun job.

As a gamer, I started on the Atari 2600 (Kaboom! is the bomb), spent years on my NES playing Mario and Zelda, upgraded to the N64, then gamecube, XBox 360 and finally the PS4. I've had a PC for through most of that time. My taste in games is eclectic, and I honestly spend most time playing mobile games lately.

I was never a part of Firefall, I'm here because I was following Grummz on Twitter after the work he did towards WoW Legacy Servers earlier this year. I liked the picture he painted of what Firefall was supposed to be, so here I am.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
@Omnires
This suppose to be spiritual successor to the FireFall, and FireFall wasn't about mechas. But okay I get it, this is not FireFall, this is different game. Still, if you gonna make a game based all on donations of people who like FireFall, wouldn't you think it's a good idea to let people know that you making pretty major decision going with certain design that is pretty different from FireFall? Or even better, make a poll and ask if people want exo suits type of frames or mecha? I guarantee you that most people would take normal frames we liked and were used to, over mecha frames.
I want to make one thing clear. The second milestone is a resounding success, and the Omniframe concept was front and center in the video and on the fundraising page. It has more backers and raised nearly 20k. So the implication that I am misleading people is simply false here.

Also, I'm asking the community to back my vision of the game, not participate in a design hodge-podge free for all. I take feedback and input, but we don't vote on everything . The way you CAN steer is with the next milestone. And the success of Milestone 2, which is far, far, far greater than Milestone 1, tells me the frame design not going to be a detriment to the game.

That said, I've been reading all the input on the frames and have some ideas. But please stop spreading this false and misleading idea that I've somehow mislead people with the Omniframe. That's complete and utter horseshit.