Will we able to pick our MOM?

Aug 14, 2016
This is both off topic and on topic at the same time. But I give you Tara Strong, the woman who voiced most of your childhood.
The woman had been the voice of many cartoon characters over the years. As this point when I babysit and watch cartoons with the kids I'm more shocked that she is not in the credits somewhere. Really just look up the number of shows and movies she had been in. The woman is never not working, lol.

Last edited:
When I think about the kind of varied conversations we could have with our operator, depending on the tone of previous responses even, I cannot help but think of titles like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

I imagine it would take considerably more resources and voice-over work to record everything several times, with slight variations in the phrasing, besides the tone, to have something similar to a developing, strictly professional, relationship with our operator and maybe even certain NPCs we'll be able to interact with. I honestly would not expect the developers to undertake such a potentially arduous task. It would be costly and time-consuming.

I'm not even sure the player character should have lines beyond the basic emotes. Although, I was surprised that in that Operation, where we're stripped of our frame and have to escape a prison, the character taunts the guards with full lines. I don't know if they have different versions of that with all the voice presets, but it was nice to hear.

With that said...

I'd literally pay to hear Aero get all moody and hissy, either with my character or another NPC, who would get under her skin. Whatever her character would be called in Ember, it would be hilarious to hear her cute voice get all angry or even the opposite. Be all giddy and hyper-active. Her voice-actress would have a blast.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I know that this has been suggested in other games and almost always slapped down pretty quick but given the decentralized nature of the dev team for Ember and the somewhat polarized (aka fanatical) fanbase I wonder if it might be time to bring the idea back up.

Player created voice overs? I bet that even if Mark didn't provide legal monetary compensation there would probably be quite a few players who would be willing to donate their voices to help out. Maybe provide some in game currency or other game rewards if your voice gets used or something. Obviously not everyone has the skills needed to do voiceovers (as many know reading a script can be difficult at best) but who knows?

I know that this has been suggested in other games and almost always slapped down pretty quick but given the decentralized nature of the dev team for Ember and the somewhat polarized (aka fanatical) fanbase I wonder if it might be time to bring the idea back up.

Player created voice overs? I bet that even if Mark didn't provide legal monetary compensation there would probably be quite a few players who would be willing to donate their voices to help out. Maybe provide some in game currency or other game rewards if your voice gets used or something. Obviously not everyone has the skills needed to do voiceovers (as many know reading a script can be difficult at best) but who knows?
I'm always impressed by voice-acting, but I'm not sure I'd ever dare to do it, myself. I hate my own default voice. And while I can speak without an accent, I'd feel awkward.