What player controlled vehicles can we expect in Ember?

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
I wish I could tether things to my vehicle and drag them around. Not players though as I'd surely abuse the shit out of that.

Man Battlefield Vietnam was a blast with tethering mechanic. Would be fun to have something like that in Ember for sure.
And I don't think it can really be abused, they just have to make it so both parties agree to be hooked up, so it's not like you should be able to just pick up random stuff ha!

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Just Cause would let me do that. Can't remember how many NPC's I dragged around the map. Playing Wrecking Ball with a statues head tethered to the bottom of my helicopter was a good time.

Luisedgm

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
No fast flying vehicles, free flight always ruins exploration
I hope we get more compact bikes, the ones in Firefall were way too huge and clunky
Hoverskates would be cool

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Vehicles, like every other player choice, depend entirely on the game world and the call for them. If there are no open spaces to build up speed, fast bikes are pointless. If getting from place to place in a short time is easy for individuals, multi-passenger "busses" are irrelevant. If there's automated dropships circling all the towns on a two minute rotation, then player-controlled dropships are unneeded.

That said, I would/will enjoy seeing a world where there's good reason to own a sleek personal speeder bike, a glider extension for my frame, and maybe even a small powered boat for ferrying a squad across large expanses of sea without being vulnerable to some kind of anti-air or high-flying predators. The very last part is what makes it important: if there's no reason to use a vehicle, there won't be a point to having it in a game. If the game will be "highly vehicular" then I imagine the team already knows they need to make a world that challenges us to use those vehicles.

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
Then I hope we see some variant of these. :)

I think Cyclone (sorry for the American bastard name) concept would be an amazing scout frame concept that trades away firepower for mobility in both air (jumpjets) and land. On that note an obviously heavy frame that picks up firepower and durability in lieu of mobility along the lines of Avatar's AMP suits would be a nice contrast in size and function to smaller, agile frames, something that Firefall Dreads never pulled off that well.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Rollerblades. Just a light tap of our jumpjets and off we go down the hillside. Come to think of it, that could just be an omniframe add-on rather than a vehicle, but whatever. MAKE IT SO!