What do you want to see next?

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
After the whirlwind last week with Chief Chat returning and all packs leaving the store, we heard a lot of exciting news regarding novel chapters, ttrpg rules, and most importantly a new demo next year!

What do all of you want to see in the next months or in the demo? What do you think will make it into the next demo?

I want to see the return of art by CSR, the website improvements, ttrpg/lore content, and a character creation in the next demo! If options for omniframe loadouts make it in, I hope to try all of the frames and hopefully see some Kaiju!

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Demo builds are all I want to see, and all I'm excited to see.

The Light omniframe would be what I'd like to see most, and I hope that it comes with a new weapon or two so it doesn't just feel like a faster Medium omniframe.

Demo-wise, I think we'll see either the Light frame or possibly the new Tsi-Hu model without the new staff attacks, since it hasn't been shown so far. Grummz mentioned something about Home also, which could bring another area in for people, but that seems like a lot of modelling work and no one would want to see another whitebox demo.

Outside of that, focus on the other aspects of the Monthly Patron, since with the Packs retired, it'll be the only thing keeping things going until the replacement monthly system. I would guess there will be discussion on how that will work, what people get, and how to make it worth it for people who already have packs. Hopefully those conversations keep the Discord and Forums active leading into the next demo, and that the demos come fast (even if they're just tweaks).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'd really like to see:

- Improved communication relayed on to forums especially with chief chats, important news, and changes to keep closer to discord rather than several months delays.

- Website revamp to really show that Em8er is more than just waifu as its selling point pssst Mechs, Pets, Husbandos, Tsihu, Kaiju, cool spots Copacabana etc etc

- Demo builds to see what great stuff is getting done and to play around with more excitement and new features added.

- Novel, Tabletop, and merchandise what is happening with that what are developments do tell more.

- Monthly backers going to need some nice incentives perhaps after a certain number of backings e.g. XX number times can qualify for a custom skin created for you a one of a kind pet e.g.a panda with a tech-cloak to go stealth etc etc

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
Demo builds are all I want to see, and all I'm excited to see.

The Light omniframe would be what I'd like to see most, and I hope that it comes with a new weapon or two so it doesn't just feel like a faster Medium omniframe.

Demo-wise, I think we'll see either the Light frame or possibly the new Tsi-Hu model without the new staff attacks, since it hasn't been shown so far. Grummz mentioned something about Home also, which could bring another area in for people, but that seems like a lot of modelling work and no one would want to see another whitebox demo.

Outside of that, focus on the other aspects of the Monthly Patron, since with the Packs retired, it'll be the only thing keeping things going until the replacement monthly system. I would guess there will be discussion on how that will work, what people get, and how to make it worth it for people who already have packs. Hopefully those conversations keep the Discord and Forums active leading into the next demo, and that the demos come fast (even if they're just tweaks).
That all makes sense! Which frame do you want to see the most in action? I believe most demos have been the medium frame, but we have seen white boxes for heavy and light frames.

I cannot wait to fight massive Kaiju in the Heavy Frame!

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
I'd really like to see:

- Improved communication relayed on to forums especially with chief chats, important news, and changes to keep closer to discord rather than several months delays.

- Website revamp to really show that Em8er is more than just waifu as its selling point pssst Mechs, Pets, Husbandos, Tsihu, Kaiju, cool spots Copacabana etc etc

- Demo builds to see what great stuff is getting done and to play around with more excitement and new features added.

- Novel, Tabletop, and merchandise what is happening with that what are developments do tell more.

- Monthly backers going to need some nice incentives perhaps after a certain number of backings e.g. XX number times can qualify for a custom skin created for you a one of a kind pet e.g.a panda with a tech-cloak to go stealth etc etc
I think that there really were structural issues preventing major progress (several Unreal Engine upgrades, swarmer issue, etc) but no zero days actually felt like an accurate representation of what was going on. It would be nice to see something in there daily though, even if just a same as yesterday type of message.

I am excited for the website revamp too. I don’t feel that it was overly waifu originally but I’m excited to see what they deliver next. Hopefully better integration of ongoing projects like featured skins and stories as well as demo explanations. I’d love to see a better organized download section too (still waiting for my 3D print files to show up there).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Which frame do you want to see the most in action?
All the frames, really like to see the comparison of their handling and the way we look getting in and out of the different meks.

Hopefully better integration of ongoing projects like featured skins and stories as well as demo explanations. I’d love to see a better organized download section too
I like to know more on the Art work because there is many Art work which needs stories perhaps into the novel as well. Could they use the Art skin in the novel showing the characters and things we will encounter and outlines of shadow characters of whom are not revealed for undercover missions not to blow their cover etc etc

Yes and at the same time would love to see some bikes launching over the kaiju with blast trials, because that would create a fun action scene for sure and add some explosions since some like those too!

As far fetched as it sounds could image Em8er with its own collection of comics that link to the novel and then becomes a movie and possibly a tv series followed by a documentary with all the gossips and drama to the success etc etc

Cannot forget a cosplay convention to rein-act battles against tsihu's and much more :D
Also to have fashion shows to showcase the latest G-suit versions and all the sinister baddies fashion as well.

Perhaps they can dress their pets to look like kneebiters hmm

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
This. I'm tired of being sold concept art. It's been years, I need something we can physically play.
I still play the existing demo builds occasionally but I think they are going the right direction putting all existing work into a playable build rather than demo-ing discrete tech and art related content, however that looks.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I'd really like to see:
- Improved communication relayed on to forums especially with chief chats...
- Website revamp...
- Demo builds...
- Novel, Tabletop, and merchandise...
- Monthly backers...
Aside from relaying information on the forums, that's pretty much what they've said so far. Perhaps with the new website, they might improve how information is added to the forum. Not holding my breath though.
And they probably want to keep the TTRPG digital-only for the meantime.

That all makes sense! Which frame do you want to see the most in action? I believe most demos have been the medium frame, but we have seen white boxes for heavy and light frames.

It's still the Light omniframe. I think the planned features for it, along with its speed and agility, make it more technically impressive. The Heavy need to feel big, but the Light frame needs to feel light, if you catch my meaning.

I don't really buy into the Tsi-hu colour and Swarmer demos. The IK on the feet are cool, and that you can have that many animated models on a screen at once, but I need to fight them in a networked environment to know if it's good or not. Swarmers looked too slow too.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
TTRPG digital-only for the meantime.
Hmm would be nice to have physical version in the future????

think they are going the right direction putting all existing work into a playable build rather than demo-ing discrete tech and art related content
I need to fight them in a networked environment to know if it's good
If they do this right there will be some restored hope and hype will be well deserved

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
A physical version could easily be generated by the community, especially if the art is plentiful in the digital pdfs. Grummz mentioned previously wanting a VTT at some point also.
I think the virtual tabletop is a good one especially for those who want to play with others from various parts of the world.

There could also be fun Em8er Adventures set by the community which in turn can create more variety.

What i like about the physical tabletop is the sense of holding your pieces and moving though the only thing missing is the other player unless they are in the same room as you which is all good then.

So what if they are not in the same room and much further away could the physical board have a connection by usb to the computer with sensors on it to show on the virtual board as you move and there can be ways of streaming by an attachment showing a birds eye view of specific board(s) as an option.

Perhaps that is a complex thing because of all the electronics and software to make it work. However if that could be done the Gm would be able to change something on their board and those with boards linked to the pc can see light up parts of the board to put something down by the change of the colour led or symbol.

I don't know could just have a classic physical tabletop just as it is a classic and a virtual tabletop for the digital age.

There is something satisfying moving a piece and the feel of the board texture, and yet seeing it on the screen is nice too unless you have a power cut or storm then it is not the ideal scenario hmm

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
I think the virtual tabletop is a good one especially for those who want to play with others from various parts of the world.

There could also be fun Em8er Adventures set by the community which in turn can create more variety.

What i like about the physical tabletop is the sense of holding your pieces and moving though the only thing missing is the other player unless they are in the same room as you which is all good then.

So what if they are not in the same room and much further away could the physical board have a connection by usb to the computer with sensors on it to show on the virtual board as you move and there can be ways of streaming by an attachment showing a birds eye view of specific board(s) as an option.

Perhaps that is a complex thing because of all the electronics and software to make it work. However if that could be done the Gm would be able to change something on their board and those with boards linked to the pc can see light up parts of the board to put something down by the change of the colour led or symbol.

I don't know could just have a classic physical tabletop just as it is a classic and a virtual tabletop for the digital age.

There is something satisfying moving a piece and the feel of the board texture, and yet seeing it on the screen is nice too unless you have a power cut or storm then it is not the ideal scenario hmm
Some of that exists but honestly at that stage of interactivity it’s likely better to just see those people in person.