What Biome would you like the first map to be?

Choose a Biome(and read the description)

• Tropical(heavy vegetation, beaches, tall trees, islands)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Volcanic(Lava pools, jagged rock structures, volcanoes)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Arctic(Snowy mountains, glaciers in water, alpine forests)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Desert(Dunes, Plateaus/Mesas, Oases)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Taiga(Normal forests, rock cliffs, small waterfalls/rivers)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Swamp(Huge rivers, fallen giant trees, Swamps)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Reef(Imagine Copa beach)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Ethereal(Shiny natural structures, crystals/lights, whatever pretty stuff you like

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Rift(Entire map looks broken/fragmented, portals, meteorite fields/asteroid belts)

• Other

• Total voters

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
EM-8ER is a like Io. Frozen world with huge sporadic volcanic activity. Fire and Ice.
Where the pockets form....well that's up the the Terraformers. These are large machines that float in the sky and fist transform the atmosphere, then seed the pocket from its ark, a bank of genomes for flora and fauna that the machine naturally selects to reflect whats best to create an eco-system for that part of the planet, its temperature range, etc.
Note that with 28 star systems colonized, these gene-banks include xeno plants and animals not just those found on Earth.
I'm sure that what you have in mind is a lot more like iceland than io actually ;), io's surface is mostly covered by frozen suplhur derivates, which are, well, mostly piss yellow and the moon is subject to semi-random explosive eruptions, i sincerely hope that EM-8ER isn't a lot like that otherwise we'd have far bigger worries than the tishu, what with the ground randomly exploding and whatnot.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Sorry, when Iceland is brought up I can only think of hot blondes women. Ahhhh, that was a good trip. WOW airlines was actually pretty good. Damn good considering what they charged. Sorry, getting off track again. Hot Blondes!

Aug 14, 2016
Has anyone every heard of things like cryovolcano? Yes, in real life there are volcanos that erupt ice and other frozen things. Mind you that ice the cryovolcano shoots out is the hottest thing on that planet or moon. That is right there places so cold in the universe that hottest things volcanos can spit out is ice.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Sorry, when Iceland is brought up I can only think of hot blondes women. Ahhhh, that was a good trip. WOW airlines was actually pretty good. Damn good considering what they charged. Sorry, getting off track again. Hot Blondes!
Sorry, I didn't include that picture of Blackreach since it doesn't really have a panoramic view...

I said *Panoramic* not that it didn't have a view...

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
Nothing says we can't have our fair share of hot blondes in ember, hell, knowing someone's track record i'd say it's almost a sealed deal already.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
cool we know what the first map/biome will look like but what are some ideas for weather or storms on it?
With an atmosphere affected by both cold and heat, expect thunder, storms, and other inclement weather.

Want to know what I want to see? In the night sky, it would be incredibly cool to see visuals like this rather than just simply a moon and stars.
galaxy-mountains-nebula-night-sky-Favim.com-216311.jpg e5d64014d6c566b9a47404c790c311db.jpg

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Either way, the biome will be covered in red(or whatever Tsihu blood is).... From all the players shooting stuff.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
With an atmosphere affected by both cold and heat, expect thunder, storms, and other inclement weather.

Want to know what I want to see? In the night sky, it would be incredibly cool to see visuals like this rather than just simply a moon and stars.
View attachment 348 View attachment 349
Majestic sky's, I miss the stars in the night sky in Firefall

Don't care. Just want to play a game that doesn't make me swear for twenty minutes after playing it, cursing the creators with explosive genital warts, frantically trying to delete the game before another burst of profanity and family curses flies from my mouth and my neighbor officially believes I have a personality disorder.
A kindred spirit. :eek:

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Where are these from!? What game is this!? I demand to know!!!:eek:

Pleeease!:)

It's vistas like that which remind me of the first Mass Effect game, and the awe-factor of it.
The Orion Project
http://store.steampowered.com/app/407840/
It's around $1 to buy it.
Pretty game to look at, but it's early access and needs refinement of everything, mostly combat. Funny enough it has a thumper/horde mode in which you follow a machine around while it harvests resources.

Last edited:

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
The Orion Project
http://store.steampowered.com/app/407840/
It's around $1 to buy it.
Pretty game to look at, but it's early access and needs refinement of everything, mostly combat. Funny enough it has a thumper/horde mode in which you follow a machine around while it harvests resources.

Holy crap, I forgot I was in that development. I haven't played it in a very long time. Will have to let it update so I can log into it again.