Weapons Test 1.0 FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
The jumpjets are missing a "horiztonal" thrust when you hold down shift.

In Firefall you could jet on the horizontal plane with more "oomph" when holding shift, allowing you to effectively "circle" an enemy and fire upon them.

Aug 5, 2017
UK
Im loving the plasma weapon - nice range and small fall off at distance. BUT, when shooting directly down when you are some height up, the plasma bolts hit an invisible wall:

The slide mechanic is great - hopefully it will be able todo some dmg to targets.
Is there a charge up button/toggle for the plasma bolt to get the detruction version (mega bolt) from FF ?
Also, the Tsi-hu model/dummy targets look Fab...so ominous !

Keep up the Great work Team Em-8ER !!

Jul 4, 2017
I also think the nameplate over character should be way smaller and maybe just over the head or at for self moveable to a desired location?

Jul 4, 2017
muhahaha, another thing i would like to suggest is cave systems , lots of caves, up down sideways, under waterways. and places to hide and snipe or explore for hidden treasure. I remember in firefall there were the coded messages you would have to find in each area, then it disappeared. that was fun, i like treasure hunts

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I want to encourage other Reapers who are on Discord ...
PLEASE post here AS WELL AS on Discord! :cool:

Also in case anyone wasn't sure whether I like the Demo . . .

1) My reaction GIF . . .

2) I had the demo open for about 12 hours +/- yesterday. I wasn't actively moving ENTIRE time of course. My "SOP" (Standard Operating Proceedure) is to stand still and get busy answering questions in-game, LOL!

I LOVE the demo, in case you can't tell!
And I had the MOST fun with the SLIDING feature!!

Now the only constructive feedback I have has already been commented on, I believe. And I know it's a Work In Progress (WIP); the Plasma Cannon. I can tell that something isn't quite right with the gun but, I can't put my finger on what it is. It fires as intended (I think), both primary and alt fires. Even with the feature other Reapers noticed with the "triple shot" (yes I consider that a FEATURE!). Maybe it's the visual and audio cues? Thanks to @Jen I'Faerie , I remembered what is missing - the alt fire needs a build-up sound!

I can't WAIT to see what's in store for us NEXT!! :cool:

Last edited:

YumYums

Firstclaimer
Jul 4, 2017
This builds feeling better with the slide mechanic, and the gliding is awesome with abilities.
And I agree with Faeryl, we need a build-up sound effect for the alt fire, it wasn't very noticeable for me that it was charging, maybe more visuals on the weapon ?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The weapon is great but can the explosion aura be a different colour too?
The baddies looked withdrawn but its ok perhaps someday they will have their chain and hook that will get more exciting then.

I am after a pewpepwepwpewppew weapon so i can just hold down the button saves my finger hopefully that will be available in time.

Super stuff finally to shoot, glide, slide and standing on others heads the progress is picking up well.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
MOVEMENT

While it is fun, it seems that the rate of recharge gives us too much mobility for a starting character - but that really means...

This kind of mobility, where we can pretty much go anywhere we want by mixing recharging and at-will gliding feels like something that the high mobility frames should have combined with a working and POWERFUL overthrust ("Q"). I can see what we have now as a kind of higher level of mobility for a medium frame, and a medium level for light frame. By which I mean, that a light frame with max upgrades would be even more mobile than we are now AND that any other frame would be quite a bit less mobile unless souped up a great deal for mobility.

I feel like "Q" for overthrust or whatever we call it feels very underpowered and lackluster.

I feel like I am better able to target and stick landings on rocks and coral bits and such now vs. previously.

I am still LOVING the running and now sliding on landings (as well as running backwards if the momentum carries us that way).

Walking and running feels like about normal for a basic medium mobility frame, fast for heavy, and slow for a light frame a bit.

Turning in place feels quick and agile.

Running and gunning feels nice as well as gunning from the air with all the mobility we have at the moment.

WEAPON

I would like the small shots to be able to be spammed a lot faster, but still a semi-auto fire rate.

I would like the "charge" alt-fire to be WAY WAY more spectacular in the charge process! I didn't even notice I had it for a while at all...

I would like the charged up alt-fire to do something really special. Right now it feels like nothing much different from left click fire.

I figure that the visuals and audio are placeholders. Without destructible objects around it is hard to feel the "power" of the weapon. I am not feeling any visceral "punch" to firing and impacts either from the visual or audio.

Sometimes (rather often) it appears that my shot just explodes in my face, charged up alt-fire or regular fire both.

Sometimes right clicking held does nothing at all. In particular, it appears reproducible that if I right click several shots then hold right click nothing ever happens. I think it is because if one starts the charge cycle by holding BEFORE the time out ends to be able to fire again, then it never triggers the charge cycle ever. It would be better if AS SOON AS the timer for next shot ticks over, then if we are currently holding right mouse down for alt-fire it starts charging up immediately.

It does not appear to me that the right click small shots do any damage to the target dummies.

The bits of rock exploding out of the core of the plasma strike do not make sense when I shoot a Tsi-Hu dummy (which is NOT made of rock) or an object that is not rock.

Tsi-Hu - can we have some EXPLODED LIMBS AND GUTS PLEASE! PLEASE!

I am a fan of DISMEMBERMENT!

Last edited:

Biz

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 30, 2016
Feedback My poor attempt at a feedback.

Loginscreen:

• Have to press tab twice to change from ID to Password fields.
  • Game is seemingly called Crixa and is made by none other than AMD and Razer. Emb8er only shows up once you log on.
Plasma gun:

• Possible to shoot yourself in the foot when aiming downwards in the air. Still better than being prohibited from aiming directly below you or above you as seen in some other games.
  • Cannot start charging directly after primary shot, have to press RMB again after a delay.
  • Cannot hold and release fully charged secondary fire.
  • Primary fire explosion effect too big, lasts too long, for what it is (aoe does not correspond to the size of the effect), would get old quick if you used plasma as your primary. It feels like two things in one, first initial Sphere of an impact and then secondary expansion. Just the initial “sphere” would probably be enough for primary fire, just to see where you hit. Maybe reserve full size of effect for secondary fire, and then make the AoE match the size of the effect.
  • Left hand is holding on to air when looking up and is pumping “the shotgun” with every shot.
  • Recoil is conveyed through cartoonish muzzle rise. Would make more sense if it was Back in the opposite direction of the bolt of plasma. It is a longgun held by a piece of industrial equipment, not a 1800-s revolver in a left hand of a limp wristed cowboy.
Meteor/Deepstrike:

• is hard to aim – just goes straight down. Not in direction where your mouse is pointing. Which would be more logical, can you deep strike upward or sideways into a Kaiju? Nope, must be Exactly above it and hover in place, aim straight down to see if you are going to hit a weak spot and then deepstrike.
  • If it wasn’t forced downwards it would make for another movement ability one could use alongside
Jetting:

• Recharge is very nice – if you “fall” from max jumppad + jetting height you have enough fuel left before you hit the ground to slow you down.
  • Seems easier to “hover” – with bursts of jets stay in roughly same height.
  • Jump up before starting to jet is still tiny and looks odd.
  • “Skid to a stop” is very nice. Almost makes one want to trigger it intentionally outside of jetting. Like to Hold on to terrain to stop one from falling/sliding off things. Would make the frame less of an upright untiltable peg that is gliding across terrain. Feature-creep all over but Would be cool.
  • Opposite of hold to terrain to stop would probably be tumble uncontrollably on the ground if you did not press the “Hold to terrain button” after hitting terrain too hard. No real practical use apart from maybe to prevent people from gliding into terrain with a perfect skid landing every time.
Gliding:

• On demand glider is sweetness itself. Makes height drop while gliding less of an issue, since you can stop, jet up or afterburn up and then continue gliding.
  • Super slow jet energy recharge while in the air, intended? Is fuel being used while gliding? If so, it is not shown.
  • Can not mowdown shifters by ramming into them on the way down. Just the weight of the frame and wings attached to it should probably do some damage

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
MOVEMENT

While it is fun, it seems that the rate of recharge gives us too much mobility for a starting character
I 100% agree. I anticipate that what we have now is more closely to what we can achieve when we craft near endgame gear. I actually feel like the fuel regen while gliding is too fast if for some reason this is what we will have for starting stats. Imo being able to glide indefinitely should be something not every frame and perhaps not every lightframe can do. I believe frame builds need to have "privileges" and they need to be experienced by players.

I do worry from time to time, likely erroneously, that starting fuel and movement speed stats will be too "good enough". Balancing resource management (fuel) is going to be a huge focus as it was in Firefall (at least from my medic perspective). The choice between crafting Fuel Regen versus Damage Output needs to be a difficult choice. Players need to actually feel the consequences of choosing stats over another set of stats otherwise their build will not feel unique; players need to feel like it's their character with visible advantages over other frames.

For example, imo, a medic will need to choose between Fuel Regen and Healing per second. Does the medic choose between a constant steady but low healing per second or risk being overwhelmed in long fights but at the advantage of high healing bursts. This choice is experienced in every MOBA game where the players need to choose synergistic heroes; each hero is better or weaker in healing depending on the situation. The gambling, plotting, decisions need to be obviously important to the players...yet not so steep that players always bring the same setup to repeated scenarios. I guess what I'm getting at is there needs to be a bit of doubt on which build is best and it is up to the player's gamble.

Play these demo builds and keep giving the feedback like the quoted text. I believe the devs are aware and are really trying to find a good feeling game before tuning stats such as fuel regen.

Last edited:

DoktOrk

SHIFTER
Omega Founder
Jan 7, 2018
Hi All!

First things first: WOAAAAAA!!! GO EM8ER! GO! :-D

Secondly: I have an issue with the aiming, and I do not know if I am the only one around here having that, because of my settings or it is just general so.

If I move my mouse, it rotates an angle too big to aim from the distance I usually shoot Tsi-Hu asses. It can really "jump", and "skip" the space of an enemy.

Excuse me, I do not know the proper word for this spherical resolution of the smallest distance the crosshair can jump, but I hope you understand.

Cheers: DoktOrk :-D

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
Shooting:
- Can clip the gun through world and shoot out of the map
- Can clip the gun through Omniframe and hit yourself
- Shooting during sliding is possible (good) ends in a squat position until holster
- Can shoot primary fire while charging secondary fire
- Explosions from the rifle cause a massive fps drop (for me)
- Overlap in keybindings between primary fire and placing jump pad
- Overlap in keybindings between alt fire and canceling jump pad

Abilities:
- Can use glider wings during deepstryke and overthrust
- Canceling glider wings with jetpack stops (near?) all frontal momentum
- Canceling slide from glider with a jump we go back to the chicken walk again
- Overthrust slide is near non existent
- Deepstryke doesn't affect enemies (though I believe that's fine for now, just a note)
- Overthrust (in firefall version) allowed usage even while on the ground, and had a longer distance

Other:
- Firing while being part of a totem pole will cause you to stutter in place canceling totem
- Motion blur option does not save and has to be changed from default after every game boot
- Mouse Sensitivity option does not save and has to be changed from default after every game boot
- Sometimes if a key is pressed and released fast enough, it gets stuck on holding until pressed again (this can happen for everything)

Suggestion:
- ADS on middle click (Also an option in settings to have it toggle/hold)

With all that out of the way, I am quite pleased with how this one turned out, sliding is enjoyable.
Shooting, needs tuning, though this was said that it will be tuned, I'll give it time.
Personal suggestion for shooting, at least some way to indicate a 'down time' between shots would be nice (perhaps you could use the crosshair animation currently happening but properly time it). And fixing all the mentions obviously, more than enough said about it to re-mention it.
Personally not too big of a bother to me with auto holster/arm, but having toggle options for this in settings would be amazing and wouldn't bother anyone then. (again, please make these stick when saving :p )

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Another piece i though about I want to be able to use afterburner on foot not just in air cause i jump while sprinting and end up deploying glider wings.

And also when diving nose down the frame goes like it's about to do a loop and not straight down Screenshot (12).jpg (which I think would be cool if you could do)

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I have read all the feedback, and it is good.

Thank you so much for this!

Infinite Gliding: Yes, this is too OP. If I add any amount of regen fuel to gliding you will always have enough to infinite glide if you have a long enough glide time. I'll be removing fuel regen during glide and adding a "deploy" cost in fuel to wings.

Guns: I want more info on the "aiming not going where you expected" Videos would help quite a bit. Were you moving? Are you just noticing that the projectile drops with distance which is intended? More info pls.

Gun Feel: FPS is important to us, we will be looking at optimizing our particles to they don't slow your FPS. Gun model is placeholder. Gun rate of fire is too slow and not synced to animation, which leads to players pressing fire and expecting it to shoot when it's not ready.

Sideways bugs: Were you ever using jumpads, they cause issues and are being redone in code. I will try to replicate sideways bugs myse.f

Glider ridiculously slow: We had a bug with stall speed so you could go really slow, this is fixed now in our internal builds.

Gun hip fire: We will be removing the zoom and leaving the default as hip fire. Alt will toggle you into ADS mode as it does now. Middle mouse button will take you info first person in a future build, not sure when, lots of duplicate anims when you do an FPS mode.

Keep it coming! And ty!